MEGA Mega Merged Stadium Thread.

Probably most of them yes, but people from the city that currently attend no
More would absolutely would go, a lot of students are just ****ed abt getting on a bus. But to get the vast majority of the student body to go we just have to win, a lot of students don’t want to go watch a ****** football game and having to spend 2 hours in traffic

Advertisement
More would absolutely would go, a lot of students are just ****ed abt getting on a bus. But to get the vast majority of the student body to go we just have to win, a lot of students don’t want to go watch a ****** football game and having to spend 2 hours in traffic
They got to the Orange Bowl on a bus.

Barely any would walk, certainly not enough to make an impact, but quick shuttles, bikes, scooters, e-bikes, etc. would all factor in heavily with students IMO though. 10 minutes max via anything with wheels. Super easy ride and they would make the route very two-wheel friendly for sure. Remember, only about 5000~ students live on campus iirc. And obviously not everyone would go.

Sorry, not 10 minutes on game day, and that’s what we would be talking about

Advertisement
You keep quoting the acreage of the building. I'm talking about all of the land.

Go back and look at my map snapshots.

1674497450028-png.226156

check your numbers. the shopping center is 12 acres, the area to the east is +/-4. magic city is 29 acres.

WINNING is the solution.

and the marginal increase between attending students between tropical park and HRS cannot be the justification for builiding the stadium

Advertisement
Probably most of them yes, but people from the city that currently attend no

Let me just say I was being sarcastic. There is a basketball facility on campus, and ask anybody that attends basketball games how well attended the student section is. Literally roll out of your dorm bed walk down, one flight of stairs and walk 25 yards, and even when the basketball team is doing well, attendance is always an issue. That’s what I was referring to. Now we’re going to have students walking 4 miles, that’s right, you heard me, 4 miles, just look on maps, on major roads, and highways, with no sidewalks for much of the way. Of course, that’s gonna happen.

If we build a tropical park stadium and don’t offer a shuttle service, there will be even less students at the game then there are now

I’m just repeating what the student sentiment is, especially with how long the bus rides are + the ****** product.
They'd much rather walk in the sun for that hour (assuming bad traffic) instead of sitting on an air conditioned bus.

Advertisement
WINNING is the solution.

and the marginal increase between attending students between tropical park and HRS cannot be the justification for builiding the stadium
winning fixes everything, always has always will. I’d love to have tropical park, but benefits are minimal. All it does is shorten shuttle distance (still not on/ near campus) and we can have our own place for color/ promotional stuff. Park won’t we owned by us so we can’t get financial incentives for it

Disirregardless of rok’s deadass trolling about students walking 4 miles to the stadium, I am be 110% in favor of our own stadium, wherever it is, but assuming it is Tropical Park the entire point is that parking would have to be right there or across the street or somewhere that they could find a place nearby to have parking, otherwise it’s a no go.

Either having fans park at the University, and then, with students, either walking or commuting on shuttles, is not feasible. Look at those surface streets and other streets from campus to tropical park and tell me what it’s going to be like on game day. It’s not going to be a 10 minute bus, auto, or scooter drive. Much more than that.

Believe that.

It might even be an hour. You have to understand the location.

Check out the attendance numbers in 2001, I don't know what the issue is but being good historically hasn't had a huge impact

Advertisement
Check out the attendance numbers in 2001, I don't know what the issue is but being good historically hasn't had a huge impact

I’m just repeated what the general body think abt the games, but what I will say is that we will never be a high attendance school in football or really any sport. Only way we can really improve attendance outside of winning is to build next to the uni, and the only feasible site there is the middle school across US-1.

Edit: I can’t speak to UM basketball’s history, but I’d bet there is a strong correlation in student attendance once watsco got built.

I’m just repeated what the general body think abt the games, but what I will say is that we will never be a high attendance school in football or really any sport. Only way we can really improve attendance outside of winning is to build next to the uni, and the only feasible site there is the middle school across US-1

See basketball.

Advertisement
Back