Mediocre offense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hemsleysalmons

Freshman
We all agree that our defense is the strong area on the team. I believe that we should recognize that our mediocre offense will prevent the team from being outstanding. Who ever plays at Qb will be inexperienced and untested. Our offensive line will continue to be a problem. This will result in our raw Qb finding it difficult to execute effectively the play book. Our running attack is thin with only Walton as an experienced returnee. Our offensive line difficulties will adversely affect the productivity of our running attack. I do not intend to sound pessimistic but am mentioning obvious weak areas of the team. Our defense can win us some big games. Nevertheless, without an effective offense, we will have difficulty improving our record over last year.

Advertisement
We all agree that our defense is the strong area on the team. I believe that we should recognize that our mediocre offense will prevent the team from being outstanding. Who ever plays at Qb will be inexperienced and untested. Our offensive line will continue to be a problem. This will result in our raw Qb finding it difficult to execute effectively the play book. Our running attack is thin with only Walton as an experienced returnee. Our offensive line difficulties will adversely affect the productivity of our running attack. I do not intend to sound pessimistic but am mentioning obvious weak areas of the team. Our defense can win us some big games. Nevertheless, without an effective offense, we will have difficulty improving our record over last year.

26 posts...

[video=youtube_share;YhkNLHictW8]https://youtu.be/YhkNLHictW8[/video]

Advertisement
88db082ed0dac7d69eae63ba1355c4247a7fbf4c53114fc7f1671d0a4e6ea64b.jpg

I can't believe that's all you came up with for your ST post. Thanks Gump.

Advertisement
Next time you see OP crawling around, I strongly recommend.........

258troll_spray.jpg

If it's possible for a 30 year old man to lose brain cells without inhaling or ingesting a controlled substance, then I am dumber for having read the OP's post.

Lurking ain't easy these days...

Advertisement

Sounds like you've been at the practices and scrimmages.
A true insider.
Please share more of your observations.
How many practices you've attended, what stood out, context of reportedly strong and poor performances by certain players,
darkhorses, disappointments,etc...

Thanks in advance and I'll hang up and listen.

Our offense was better than mediocre last year. Why do you think it will regress this year?

Based on articles and Richt's body language.. our offense won't be good.. but honestly I rather have that problem then no Defense. I know we bash the Gators continuously about having no offense but the fact of the matter is.. you can win big when relying on a great defense/no offense then a great offense/no defense. All I know is.. the last time we won 10 games we had a terrible offense.. hopfully we can do the same here while snagging the coastal title.

Advertisement
It will be 2-3 years before O comes together...gotta have the right qb in CMR system....gotta be almost at the pro level...

We will have a untested qb. Most first year qbs do not do well their first year playing college ball. We lost Coley, a 4 year wr who was very effective. Who will replace him? We lost N'djuko. Enough said. We lost 2 back up running backs. Their replacements will have no experience in playing college football. Our last good-great oline was in 2002, 15 years ago. Of course during that period we have tried to develop good olines but failed. Until I see one that can consistently protect the qb and consistently open up holes for the backs, I'll consider our line as a work in process

Didn't read, but down voted..... I'll be waiting with [MENTION=608]MedleyCane[/MENTION]...

Ahmmon was great last year. A lot of our opponents did not expect him to be that effective. This year defenses will game plan to key on him. It will be up to one of our inexperienced new wr to take the heat off of Ahmmon by being a deep threat and capable of loosening up tight double coverage on Richards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back