Media coverage: MIAMI HURRICANES FANS ALREADY HATE MARIO CRISTOBAL

terdferguson

Junior
link

Sorry if already posted.

Mario Cristobal On Hot Seat  Miami Fans Hope, Oregon Fans Laugh.png

Mario Cristobal On Hot Seat  Miami Fans Hope, Oregon Fans Laugh (1).png

Advertisement
I think this season unfortunately has come down to a roster evaluation. I think it's pretty clear who on this team is working and putting up relentless efforts and who's already checked out. Mario said from the very jump that this was going to take alot of work and that we are no where near where we needed to be. I think players thought that Mario was just going to be tough at the beginning but where shocked to find out that he doesn't take the foot off the gas pedal.

And when you go from a Daiz ran program that things were more talked about than walking the walk, you can see the shell shock that most guys are in. Guys have checked out. And I promise they won't be here next year and I bet some of the names that do leave are going to be a bit surprising.

Highsmith was brought in for this exact reason. To evaluate not only potential prospects and transfers but our own roster. The guy has built how many successful rosters in 20 plus years in the league. Between him and Mario I fully expect this roster to have a mass turnover. Times have changed and either you're going to be about the work and the process or your not. And if you're not you won't wear that U on your helmet.

Advertisement
I think it’s hilarious that people think the money is gonna dry up halfway through year one. Mario did not agree to come here without an actual investment in the program correct?

Regardless of what we think of Mario’s coaching ability, the BOT agreed by bringing him in that this was going to be an investment. The money is not all of a sudden going to dry up when we haven’t even made it a full season.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back