WR: Coley/Richards > Sands
G: Isidora > Sherko
DE: Chad > Andrew Williams
DT: McIntosh/Norton > Walters
OLB: Pinckney > Campbell (RIP)/Clark
NB: Corn > Fitzgerald
S: Rayshawn = James Lewis

The '01 squad wins everywhere else.

Lewis was better than Jenkins. Just got overshadowed in that secondary.

You might be right about Corn.

Its hard to pick Kayaa over Dorsey because Dorsey only lost a handful of games while he was here. That being said, Dorsey also benefited from having a 1st round offensive line,receivers, and running back.

Its hard to pick Kayaa over Dorsey because Dorsey only lost a handful of games while he was here. That being said, Dorsey also benefited from having a 1st round offensive line,receivers, and running back.

Dorsey only lost 2 games. One of those games being the OSU fake PI Fiasco Bowl.

Without that horse**** of a call the guy is 39-1.

In terms of talent:

QB: Kaaya > Dorsey I do not know about that, Ken was more of a football nerd and he had close to the same skills.

WR: Coley/Richards > Sands Both have a LOT to prove before you make that assessment, Coley maybe. Richards has a couple games under his belt against NO ONE!

G: Isidora > Sherko Again, that guy lead out team in one category last yr, false starts. Shark was a solid guy in an all time great line that opened massive holes, and had great qb protection.

DE: Chad > Andrew Williams Again, at this point, Chad still has a lot to prove to be considered better than him. He's had a couple good games against terrible competition.

DT: McIntosh/Norton > Walters Walters was very good completely underrated by history revisionists. Closer to a wash. They could pull ahead if they continue to be great. But again they need to face good teams and still do what they have done so far.

OLB: Pinckney > Campbell (RIP)/Clark NO, just NO. Not yet. One great game against a JV team does not make you better than guys that ball out in NC games.

NB: Corn > Fitzgerald Possibly, only difference is Corn is not currently our NB he's a starting CB, so does he start at CB? Nope.

S: Rayshawn = James Lewis Jenkins is the one guy that might have started on that defense. He does cover a lot of ground and it would help to free up Ed even more. But think of it like this, did ST start over him? Is ST better than Rayshawn? Just a thought....

Its really not fair to compare some of these guys in my opinion. They just do not have enough game/big game experience to give any of them the nod over all time great teams' players. These dudes were pretty darn good. And its a lot different when a guy is playing on a defense with 7,8,9 future pro bowlers. So as a group, everyone on this team has a LOT of work to do if any of them want to be considered great. Kaaya has better passing numbers, but does he sell the PA well? Does he manage a team full of STARS? Because like it or not, all those future pro bowlers totally respected Kenny and he was the leader of that team.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Think about the 1st round picks who where ridding the pine on that team. I love our guys today and many would get PT, but not sure if many would start. If Brad and Ken came in together it would have been an interesting battle, but remember, we were and under center team back then and Brad is still trying to learn that(see Brock Berlin). I would love to have had Brad redshirt and available the year Ken left. The dynasty might have continued longer.

In terms of talent:

QB: Kaaya > Dorsey I do not know about that, Ken was more of a football nerd and he had close to the same skills.

WR: Coley/Richards > Sands Both have a LOT to prove before you make that assessment, Coley maybe. Richards has a couple games under his belt against NO ONE!

G: Isidora > Sherko Again, that guy lead out team in one category last yr, false starts. Shark was a solid guy in an all time great line that opened massive holes, and had great qb protection.

DE: Chad > Andrew Williams Again, at this point, Chad still has a lot to prove to be considered better than him. He's had a couple good games against terrible competition.

DT: McIntosh/Norton > Walters Walters was very good completely underrated by history revisionists. Closer to a wash. They could pull ahead if they continue to be great. But again they need to face good teams and still do what they have done so far.

OLB: Pinckney > Campbell (RIP)/Clark NO, just NO. Not yet. One great game against a JV team does not make you better than guys that ball out in NC games.

NB: Corn > Fitzgerald Possibly, only difference is Corn is not currently our NB he's a starting CB, so does he start at CB? Nope.

S: Rayshawn = James Lewis Jenkins is the one guy that might have started on that defense. He does cover a lot of ground and it would help to free up Ed even more. But think of it like this, did ST start over him? Is ST better than Rayshawn? Just a thought....

Its really not fair to compare some of these guys in my opinion. They just do not have enough game/big game experience to give any of them the nod over all time great teams' players. These dudes were pretty darn good. And its a lot different when a guy is playing on a defense with 7,8,9 future pro bowlers. So as a group, everyone on this team has a LOT of work to do if any of them want to be considered great. Kaaya has better passing numbers, but does he sell the PA well? Does he manage a team full of STARS? Because like it or not, all those future pro bowlers totally respected Kenny and he was the leader of that team.

I said in terms of talent. Production is a different story because these guys have a lot of football in front of them.

But Kaaya is more talented than Dorsey. There's a reason he's considered a possible 1st round draft pick, and Dorsey was a 7th round pick.

Isidora will get a look in the NFL. Sherko went to the CFL.

Coley will get drafted (ditto Richards if he stays the course). Sands didn't.

And so on and so forth.

BTW I listed Corn at nickel because he often moves inside to cover the slot.

In terms of talent:

I said in terms of talent. Production is a different story because these guys have a lot of football in front of them.

But Kaaya is more talented than Dorsey. There's a reason he's considered a possible 1st round draft pick, and Dorsey was a 7th round pick.

And so on and so forth.

the question is would these guys have started for that team?
No they would not have, Sands was not a starter. It was Daryl Jones and Johnson. Coley may have started over Jones, but I can't definitively say that he would have. Lots of guys get drafted and don't even make a roster, so that does not make or break it for me. If I am determining if a guy would start ,its not based on how I project him. Its I know guy X did this, has guy Y been better than that up to this point for me to think he would have started over that guy. And honestly, Coley is the only one that has actually accomplished enough, and shown enough talent for me to say, yeah he might have started on that team. As for the other guys, whether they end up getting drafted or not does not matter, Freshman Pinckney would not have been a starter on that team right now, maybe by the time he is a Jr of Sr, but no as a freshman he would not be a starter on that team. There were some pretty **** talented freshman on that 2001 roster that sat the bench.

Kaaya, possibly. But it is a different game right now. I am not sold on his arm strength. I think it will undoubtedly become an issue for him in the NFL. I think, like Dorsey, he has plenty for CFB success. Dorsey was a top 3 Heisman finalist, Kaaya? Even with his great numbers he is not even in the conversation. Let alone the fact that Dorsey had a teammate in that room with him.

Isadora, IMO needs work. He is solid, but I do not see anything that blows me away. Sherko was part of a line that allowed like 10 sacks in a whole season or some crazy number like that. So if you look at their careers to the point of their current seasons. No, I do not think Isidora would have started over him.

I respect your talent argument, I used a different measure. I would not go on talent alone because talent does not always translate into a great football player necessarily. If talent is the barometer then Marcus Vick was a great quarterback. And Jason Geathers is an all time great, as is Choc Gray... Tons of guys are talented, but until it translates to the field they usually do not start over guys that get the job done. Heck look at the NFL draft guys get drafted super high out of college all the time and bomb, because they could not translate their talent into production against better talent.

Not trying to necessarily get into a right or wrong debate, just my opinion. And honestly, you are entitled to your opinion. So I'll let it go now...sorry bro.

Advertisement
Had Kaaya and Dorsey landed at Miami at the same time, Kaaya is ahead of him on the depth chart from day one.

This x 100. People like to be romantic about the past as Dorsey was an amazing leader who didn't make mistakes but Kaaya is way way more talented. Dorsey basically got out of the way of all the talent around and managed the game .

But Dorsey did make mistakes. Difference is, the talent was so amazing it often bailed him out.

He didn't make many. Go look up his 4th quarter TD/INT ration at Miami. Insane how good he was under pressure.

Dorsey was more of a gamer than Kayaa imo. Guy should've been 39-1 with 2 titles. Just think about that and ask yourself if Kayaa would've done the same.

Dorsey didn't make mistakes, he played great on the road, 4th quarter stud, got the ball out quick (made his OL seem even better than they were), and he threw a very catchable ball. Also sold screens really well.

I'm sorry, but Willis McGahee bailed him out over and over during the 2002 season. Dorsey was not a great QB, he was just a good game manager. Also, do you remember why we were so close to losing to BC in 2001? Second half of VT 2001? Most of the 2002 FSU game. Pitt 2002. Rutgers 2002. I'm sorry, but Dorsey wasn't all world here. He was just the QB of the most talented team ever assembled. When Kelly was the QB, many of us said, "All we need is someone that can complete forward passes." We were right. Kelly couldn't hit the broad side of a Bubba Franks. Dorsey could. Kaaya sure as **** could.

And yes, I believe Kaaya could have had that record, or better. We lost at Washington because of Dorsey's poor play. We darn near lost to FSU when we should have crushed them, because he played poorly most of the game. We darn near lost to BC because of what, 4 INTs? We didn't win all those game BECAUSE of Dorsey. We won them because of an insane talent differential, like college football has never seen. You throw a first round quality QB onto that roster and you don't need 4th quarter comebacks against Rutgers. You don't need McGahee to break off a 70 yard screen pass to beat a struggling FSU team. You sure as **** don't need a Rumph to Walters to Reed miracle to beat BC.

I think the first step to achieving greatness again is stop trying to compare the team in the present to the 2001 team. Accept the good teams in the present for what they are instead of what they are not. Its possible to be a National Championship caliber squad without ever being to that 2001 level again. Its unfair to Richt and its unfair to our players. If the 2001 program is your litmus test then I'm afraid you're jaded and Richt might not ever bring this program 'back' by your standards.

Just win.

people who always talk about butch teams apparently arent old enough to see Jimmy teams. they were unreal too.

In terms of talent:

And so on and so forth.

the question is would these guys have started for that team?
No they would not have, Sands was not a starter. It was Daryl Jones and Johnson. Coley may have started over Jones, but I can't definitively say that he would have. Lots of guys get drafted and don't even make a roster, so that does not make or break it for me. If I am determining if a guy would start ,its not based on how I project him. Its I know guy X did this, has guy Y been better than that up to this point for me to think he would have started over that guy. And honestly, Coley is the only one that has actually accomplished enough, and shown enough talent for me to say, yeah he might have started on that team. As for the other guys, whether they end up getting drafted or not does not matter, Freshman Pinckney would not have been a starter on that team right now, maybe by the time he is a Jr of Sr, but no as a freshman he would not be a starter on that team. There were some pretty **** talented freshman on that 2001 roster that sat the bench.

Kaaya, possibly. But it is a different game right now. I am not sold on his arm strength. I think it will undoubtedly become an issue for him in the NFL. I think, like Dorsey, he has plenty for CFB success. Dorsey was a top 3 Heisman finalist, Kaaya? Even with his great numbers he is not even in the conversation. Let alone the fact that Dorsey had a teammate in that room with him.

Isadora, IMO needs work. He is solid, but I do not see anything that blows me away. Sherko was part of a line that allowed like 10 sacks in a whole season or some crazy number like that. So if you look at their careers to the point of their current seasons. No, I do not think Isidora would have started over him.

I respect your talent argument, I used a different measure. I would not go on talent alone because talent does not always translate into a great football player necessarily. If talent is the barometer then Marcus Vick was a great quarterback. And Jason Geathers is an all time great, as is Choc Gray... Tons of guys are talented, but until it translates to the field they usually do not start over guys that get the job done. Heck look at the NFL draft guys get drafted super high out of college all the time and bomb, because they could not translate their talent into production against better talent.

Not trying to necessarily get into a right or wrong debate, just my opinion. And honestly, you are entitled to your opinion. So I'll let it go now...sorry bro.

I went with talent because the '01 team is the GOAT. It's boring to debate whether or not some guys off an 8-5 returning team (that's only played 3 games) would start over a national championship squad.

Even if Jones started (I can't remember who got more PT, but Sands had more catches and memorable plays), I'd still say Coley/Richards.

Advertisement
Lol @ Kayaa over Dorsey

Coley or Richards over Daryl Jones, and Pinckney over Campbell. That's about all I see. Chad Thomas has the talent to start on that roster, but he's still not fully developed and not as good in run support as Joseph or McDougle.

what did dorsey do in the NFL?

he threw 5 picks in bc game with a SUPER STAR supporting cast and the best o line in history

he then struggled in the game vs fsu the following year

he was average and people need to get over it.. he over threw moss and wayne several times vs the gaytors in the sugar bowl costing us a blowout

get over it

Lol @ Kayaa over Dorsey

Coley or Richards over Daryl Jones, and Pinckney over Campbell. That's about all I see. Chad Thomas has the talent to start on that roster, but he's still not fully developed and not as good in run support as Joseph or McDougle.

he threw 5 picks in bc game with a SUPER STAR supporting cast and the best o line in history

he was average and people need to get over it.. he over threw moss and wayne several times vs the gaytors in the sugar bowl costing us a blowout

get over it

Vinnie threw how many INT's vs Penn State in the Natty Title game? He was the most naturally gifted QB this school ever produced and a Heisman winner. What's your point about Dorsey? He won a natty title and was robbed of another. Enough said.

Of all the QB's we've produced, Kosar was the only one who could, by force of will - in high stakes games, carry the team on his back over and over again....and that dude had cement legs and the least physical talent out of all the QBs we've ever produced.

There's no rhyme or reason to these arguments. We've had the perfect QB's for the national title runs. Period.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Lol @ Kayaa over Dorsey

get over it

You are a complete f*cking ****** and not even worth arguing with if you truly believe Dorsey was average at Miami.

Lol @ Kayaa over Dorsey

get over it

You are a complete f*cking ****** and not even worth arguing with if you truly believe Dorsey was average at Miami.

I said he was an average QUARTERBACK

I'll take a ban bet right now that kayaa is twice the QB that dorsey ever dreamed about

The number he would put up on that 01 team would be astonishing

Lol @ Kayaa over Dorsey

get over it

I said he was an average QUARTERBACK

I'll take a ban bet right now that kayaa is twice the QB that dorsey ever dreamed about

The number he would put up on that 01 team would be astonishing

Ken Dorsey, with Willis McGahee taking the pressure off the passing game, completed 56.5% of his passes in 2002. 56.5% is not very good, especially considering how teams were scared to death of McGahee. Dorsey regressed every year, for some unknown reason. I didn't dislike Dorsey, far from it, but it did get frustrating.

Advertisement
Back