Measuring stick: 2001

Martycane

Sophomore
Trying to figure out far we have to go to reach our previous heights...
How many of our 2016 guys would start on the 2001 team?
I can only think of one possibility: Kaaya.

Advertisement
Lol @ Kayaa over Dorsey

Coley or Richards over Daryl Jones, and Pinckney over Campbell. That's about all I see. Chad Thomas has the talent to start on that roster, but he's still not fully developed and not as good in run support as Joseph or McDougle.

Advertisement
Lol @ Kayaa over Dorsey

Coley or Richards over Daryl Jones, and Pinckney over Campbell. That's about all I see. Chad Thomas has the talent to start on that roster, but he's still not fully developed and not as good in run support as Joseph or McDougle.

You know OP wasn't serious right? I mean, cmon there's no way he could have been.

Lol @ Kayaa over Dorsey

Might be right on Pinckney. Guy really stands out. But he hasn't played a game against decent competition.
I think Kaaya behind the 2001 OL could have been Dorsey's equal.

Had Kaaya and Dorsey landed at Miami at the same time, Kaaya is ahead of him on the depth chart from day one.

Advertisement
Had Kaaya and Dorsey landed at Miami at the same time, Kaaya is ahead of him on the depth chart from day one.

This x 100. People like to be romantic about the past as Dorsey was an amazing leader who didn't make mistakes but Kaaya is way way more talented. Dorsey basically got out of the way of all the talent around and managed the game .

Advertisement

This x 100. People like to be romantic about the past as Dorsey was an amazing leader who didn't make mistakes but Kaaya is way way more talented. Dorsey basically got out of the way of all the talent around and managed the game .

But Dorsey did make mistakes. Difference is, the talent was so amazing it often bailed him out.

Every Canes QB who lead a national title team was irreplaceable for the time they were at the helm.

These threads are pointless.

Advertisement

But Dorsey did make mistakes. Difference is, the talent was so amazing it often bailed him out.

He didn't make many. Go look up his 4th quarter TD/INT ration at Miami. Insane how good he was under pressure.

Dorsey was more of a gamer than Kayaa imo. Guy should've been 39-1 with 2 titles. Just think about that and ask yourself if Kayaa would've done the same.

Dorsey didn't make mistakes, he played great on the road, 4th quarter stud, got the ball out quick (made his OL seem even better than they were), and he threw a very catchable ball. Also sold screens really well.

Why are u comparing an undefeated NC winning team to one that's been sub 500 vs P5 opponents?

Why are u comparing an undefeated NC winning team to one that's been sub 500 vs P5 opponents?

He's comparing the 2001 team to the 2016 team, dumbass. The 2016 team is 3-0 so far.

Hey moron... how many P5 teams have we played this year, and what's fhe record of this team vs P5 the last 2 years? This team hasn't done **** in a decade and comparing them to 2001 is retarded. Like you.

Advertisement
Back