Meanwhile Texas 8&4...

Dave Chappelle Reaction GIF

Moe right now

Advertisement
In situations like this, you have to leave your emotions at the door. This kid is a legit 5star SDE from down the street. To me, you atleast kick th tires, especially if he has that aTm bag already.

If this kid goes to Clemson/UNC/Louisville/etc and becomes a 'problem' (in a good way), 99% who are saying **** NO would jump at our staffs throats for passing on a local stud.

Just have to say Texas 8&4
Rell,
I can mostly agree with your stance when it comes to my heart, passion, and love for the Canes. However, where I do give leeway for guys like Shemar is truly just youthfulness (unknowing ignorance). The little of the interview I watched, I can see that he was just answering the questions. Although he’s had plenty of interviews, you can still be trapped into answering questions without fully thinking it through. Like the comment about “I would’ve stayed home if it was about the bags” that statement “could” be true in HIS mind. Due to all the local support and backing from being home. Cashing out in yo city for a player with his profile is inevitable. So I don’t see that as him tryna dry snitch. Yes, he could’ve answered better, but he still a jit. That understanding of how to properly answer a question doesn’t naturally come until later years in most cases.

The other quote about the DC, I slightly side with him. Now I’ll admit, Mario doesn’t owe anyone an explanation on his process, he did what he had to do and went after a heavy hitter. But, I like the fact that Shemar’s decision was highly weighted on who the DC will be. He even mentioned in the interview that you would hate to commit and then they get a guy that has an entirely different scheme or uses the position in ways that doesn’t benefit him. You gata respect that. Even though Mario preached and preached that the DC will run 4-down lineman, let’s keep it a buck, most coaches will tell you anything, so him hearing it as coach speak makes sense. Mario took his time, as he should, but at the cost of losing some key players. A&M had their DC in place and was able to fast track the convo on how they would use him for weeks and/or months. Whereas UM had a morning to try to drill that in. A&M DC is known to use a multiple front, primarily 3-down lineman but he must’ve made a **** of a pitch to convince otherwise but that’s neither here or there, case is that he had time to sell, in addition to the proposed NIL. Also remember, Mario lost out on DE transfer (FREAKY ATHLETIC) Jared Verse to FS💩 because he didn’t have a DC in place. We all gata realize that it matters to certain kids. So in those cases you gata take it for what it’s worth.

The announcement, I don’t think he disrespected us at all. He picked it (our hat) up and literally acknowledged that this will always be home, but he gata go with who he has the better relationship with. He had a longer standing relationship with the staff at A&M than he did with the incoming new staff here. Even though we made him a huge priority, you still have to account that our push was towards the last hours.

At the end of the day, not directed at you Rell at all cuz I got nothing but respect, but as a board and die hard fans, part of recruiting is not taking things too personal. There’s a whole world outside of Miami and these kids are extremely impressionable so if they do leave, be sure to keep that line open cuz as they mature, they’ll soon figure out the grass ain’t always greener. Fellings take a trunk seat to stacking talent. Disrespect and complete games, like what the LB from Central, Lewis or whatever deserves to be sent to voicemail or line disconnected.

So you stack the talent as long as their willing to come. Because stacking talent bring out the best in the current talent you have. Complacency is a disease in any locker room, so knowing that any given day a MF can walk in and take yo spot only makes those in the program drill it in their DNA that they gata bring their best everyday cuz the pine will always have a spot open for a MF. Especially with Zo here and coming back with the mindset of the league, and Mario mentioning how College Football is vastly approaching that model….we all know that the stacking talent will result in many kids coming to the office to hear that convo, “you might wanna hit the portal, cuz the MF that just got here, you know what time it is”
Jesus Christ mane

Advertisement
Good to add more with Strewarts type of ranking, but I havent heard that the dude is leaving so thats a pipe dream at this point. Same thing with Flowe

Way too early to tell if he will ever leave. Would be in the same situation as the two I listed above where he isn't seeing the field for the first 2-3 years.

Advertisement
some on here are such pvssies

I don't wish ill on the kid, but he made his choice. He plays for A&M, we play A&M this year, Fxck A&M and anyone who plays for them or cheers for them

Not sure what comes out of this, but I’m legit torn on this.

See, here’s the thing; When Wesley threw down the U from peer pressure, he immediately apologized, showed up the next day. He was a man about his; owned that chit, took the heat, & committed.

OK, w/ Stewart, he was treated like fam. We made sure to let him know he was a priority, yet he still committed to TAMU. I’m fine w/ that; what I wasn’t fine w/ was him trying to say if it was about bags, he would’ve came to Miami. That’s uncalled for & low key trying to dry snitch, treating us like we the opps instead of a team w/ real interest in u. THEN, dude goes on Caneville & proceed to low key mock Cristobal about the DC situation. Again, uncalled for.

I’m all about stacking talent, but these So Fla kids low key need to learn a lesson. Rique has been trying to spread the gospel, but this one in particular chose his fate, & threw dirt on our name in the process. That’s y I’m like, nah I’m good; u deserve this. But at the same time, I’m trying not to be petty about the matter & would want him here.
This.

I lost my head when Wes did the upside down U at FSU. He manned up, immediately came back to Miami and met with coaches. Will be a great team member. ... Now that stuff just rolls off me. Do I hate Teddy Bridgewater for his behavior? Nope.

It's a data point. Lots of other data points to look at. Is he a special athlete? Is he a baller? Does the kid grind? Is he a good teammate? Does he listen and learn from coaching? Is he law abiding and respectful of others (especially women)? Will he show up to class and stay out of off-field issues? ... Having a terrible trust circle and making stupid comments or bad decisions at ~18 is on the list, but it needs to be judge in context.

If Shemar transfer out of A2M and wants back in Miami, I'll trust Mario to make the right call.

Advertisement
Waaaahhh! Not prepared for the above table money, $EC?! WAAAHHHH!!!

Sorry. This time money is being made public.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back