Meanwhile Texas 8&4...

Advertisement
Those guys were not originally recruited by our CURRENT staff! Guarantee you Mario would not have let either of them come back cause he would’ve just moved on to his next target and signed another player just as good if not better that same class. He not a simp like
I believe it was Mario who said it was important to keep recruiting kids, because even if you come in second you have a relationship with them if they go in the portal. I’m not 100% sure it was him who said it but I think he did.
Unless, there was some disrespecting going down towards the staff, being dishonest or playing them, I don’t see Mario turning down talent because they choose the wrong school.

I believe it was Mario who said it was important to keep recruiting kids, because even if you come in second you have a relationship with them if they go in the portal. I’m not 100% sure it was him who said it but I think he did.
Unless, there was some disrespecting going down towards the staff, being dishonest or playing them, I don’t see Mario turning down talent because they choose the wrong school.
He did.

That’s fine. But please don’t root for Riq, Ladson, or anyone else who spurned us and chased the bag and are now back home. And if you say, “they’re on the team now”, you’ll be fine if Shemar does the same thing.
Their recruitments were nothing like this one. They made business decisions and handled if like that…..business. They took care of their families and I can respect that.

Those two never came out and lied saying if they wanted the best offer they’d went to UM. Just to make them and their circle look virtuous, like it was more about the school Lol. He should’ve just taken the bag and kept his mouth shut. Rather than giving one last dig at Miami that gained national attention. It made Miami look like they only brought more money with no substance. When everyone knows how A&M was rolling that class.

Karma is a *****.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Their recruitments were nothing like this one. They made business decisions and handled if like that…..business. They took care of their families and I can respect that.

Those two never came out and lied saying if they wanted the best offer they’d went to UM. Just to make them and their circle look virtuous, like it was more about the school Lol. He should’ve just taken the bag and kept his mouth shut. Rather than giving one last dig at Miami that gained national attention. It made Miami look like they only brought more money with no substance. When everyone knows how A&M was rolling that class.

Karma is a *****.
Nice edit. I respect it fr

So, what do you think of Tyrique Stevenson who happens to be the best CB on our team?
Apples to Oranges. TS left for the Georgia bag$ when we weren't offering ****.

Shemar left when were (allegedly) offering more or at least something in the ballpark.

I've always been against taking guys that do this **** but maybe some of these Miami sellouts will educate the upcoming kids that the hometown school is the place to be.

Advertisement
Apples to Oranges. TS left for the Georgia bag$ when we weren't offering ****.

Shemar left when were (allegedly) offering more or at least something in the ballpark.

I've always been against taking guys that do this **** but maybe some of these Miami sellouts will educate the upcoming kids that the hometown school is the place to be.
And TS was torn even though UGA had a much better “ deal”. He was going back in forth right up to the AA game. There was no drama , lying , and diva like handlers acting like they were the recruit.

Shemar Stewart handled his recruitment like ****. He was disingenous, disrespectful, and immature. All the evidence suggests he has some poor character traits.

Notwithstanding all of this, if it is the best for the program, I'd still take him. If it is not best, then I believe this staff will accurately make that determination.

In my personal judgment, I would not be offering him an NIL deal should he seek to come here.

The staff's decision should not be influenced by fan opinion.

I'd LMAO if Shemar made a new deal, and Moe had to cough up his cut - since I'd imagine a lot of it's spent!

I didn't think there could legally be a tie between the Football at a University - and the NIL agreement.

So if Shemar agrees to do promotions and yet decides to play for another school - the School can't do diddly squat - AND - the business agreement could be fulfilled - IF - they pay his travel expenses?
Unlikely. Just look at professional sports. The player endorsement sponsors can cut ties at any time for a number of reasons. It's written in the contracts. I'm sure the NIL sponsors are doing the same thing. These are business people. They're not writing contracts that ***** themselves.

Advertisement
***** the dude at 8&4 from Miami that F'd over the Canes....doubt MC sniffs him again...

I think its really time to move on from this dude. Its over we will be fine. In any case it all depends on what Mario and Zo think. You see they avoided T2 so if man has character issues, he aint coming here. And since Mario was the one leading the recruitment and did everything he could, i surmise he is done with dude. On to better things

Advertisement
Yall talk like they took yall money and ***ed yall over in negotiations or whatever it was lol…its hilarious tho, yall get mad enough to say *** a kid and a man u don’t know cause they didn’t go to your favorite college **** is weird lol
Let me clear it up for you since you just don't understand. Most of the fans didn't like the way Stewart disrespected Miami. You don't disrespect the home town team and expect everything to be fine. If he had just left quietly or said, "I'm making the best decision for me and my family", then that would have been fine.

He was immature and disrespectful. Then goes to social media trying to clean it up and it comes off as just being more disrespectful slighting Miami as they offered me more money (paraphrasing), but it's still better for me to go.

This is why some of the fans are saying, "**** NO!!!" It's a lesson to be learned in life that you don't burn bridges.

The coaches may feel differently.

Personally, I wouldn't take him unless he made some formal public apology. I have the big picture in mind. One player isn't going to make or break where we're trying to go. We're building this thing for the long hall. There will be other players in the next cycles to come. The commitments will be stronger as relationships grow and the program shows a winning culture.

You have to set a standard. We all do. We have a standard of self respect. Nobody is going to let someone disrespect them and now they become your best friend unless there's something eventful that changes. Enemies have become friends. I watched the Raja Bell interview that included his relationship with Kobe Bryant where they were enemies that became friends. So, it is possible.

It's very good watch with a lot of life lessons for everyone.

😂😂😂
1656258097722.jpeg

Let me clear it up for you since you just don't understand. Most of the fans didn't like the way Stewart disrespected Miami. You don't disrespect the home town team and expect everything to be fine. If he had just left quietly or said, "I'm making the best decision for me and my family", then that would have been fine.

He was immature and disrespectful. Then goes to social media trying to clean it up and it comes off as just being more disrespectful slighting Miami as they offered me more money (paraphrasing), but it's still better for me to go.

This is why some of the fans are saying, "**** NO!!!" It's a lesson to be learned in life that you don't burn bridges.

The coaches may feel differently.

Personally, I wouldn't take him unless he made some formal public apology. I have the big picture in mind. One player isn't going to make or break where we're trying to go. We're building this thing for the long hall. There will be other players in the next cycles to come. The commitments will be stronger as relationships grow and the program shows a winning culture.

You have to set a standard. We all do. We have a standard of self respect. Nobody is going to let someone disrespect them and now they become your best friend unless there's something eventful that changes. Enemies have become friends. I watched the Raja Bell interview that included his relationship with Kobe Bryant where they were enemies that became friends. So, it is possible.

It's very good watch with a lot of life lessons for everyone.

FE724CCF-016D-4CED-8A9C-060A6E3AED93.jpeg

Not sure what comes out of this, but I’m legit torn on this.

See, here’s the thing; When Wesley threw down the U from peer pressure, he immediately apologized, showed up the next day. He was a man about his; owned that chit, took the heat, & committed.

OK, w/ Stewart, he was treated like fam. We made sure to let him know he was a priority, yet he still committed to TAMU. I’m fine w/ that; what I wasn’t fine w/ was him trying to say if it was about bags, he would’ve came to Miami. That’s uncalled for & low key trying to dry snitch, treating us like we the opps instead of a team w/ real interest in u. THEN, dude goes on Caneville & proceed to low key mock Cristobal about the DC situation. Again, uncalled for.

I’m all about stacking talent, but these So Fla kids low key need to learn a lesson. Rique has been trying to spread the gospel, but this one in particular chose his fate, & threw dirt on our name in the process. That’s y I’m like, nah I’m good; u deserve this. But at the same time, I’m trying not to be petty about the matter & would want him here.
Rell,
I can mostly agree with your stance when it comes to my heart, passion, and love for the Canes. However, where I do give leeway for guys like Shemar is truly just youthfulness (unknowing ignorance). The little of the interview I watched, I can see that he was just answering the questions. Although he’s had plenty of interviews, you can still be trapped into answering questions without fully thinking it through. Like the comment about “I would’ve stayed home if it was about the bags” that statement “could” be true in HIS mind. Due to all the local support and backing from being home. Cashing out in yo city for a player with his profile is inevitable. So I don’t see that as him tryna dry snitch. Yes, he could’ve answered better, but he still a jit. That understanding of how to properly answer a question doesn’t naturally come until later years in most cases.

The other quote about the DC, I slightly side with him. Now I’ll admit, Mario doesn’t owe anyone an explanation on his process, he did what he had to do and went after a heavy hitter. But, I like the fact that Shemar’s decision was highly weighted on who the DC will be. He even mentioned in the interview that you would hate to commit and then they get a guy that has an entirely different scheme or uses the position in ways that doesn’t benefit him. You gata respect that. Even though Mario preached and preached that the DC will run 4-down lineman, let’s keep it a buck, most coaches will tell you anything, so him hearing it as coach speak makes sense. Mario took his time, as he should, but at the cost of losing some key players. A&M had their DC in place and was able to fast track the convo on how they would use him for weeks and/or months. Whereas UM had a morning to try to drill that in. A&M DC is known to use a multiple front, primarily 3-down lineman but he must’ve made a **** of a pitch to convince otherwise but that’s neither here or there, case is that he had time to sell, in addition to the proposed NIL. Also remember, Mario lost out on DE transfer (FREAKY ATHLETIC) Jared Verse to FS💩 because he didn’t have a DC in place. We all gata realize that it matters to certain kids. So in those cases you gata take it for what it’s worth.

The announcement, I don’t think he disrespected us at all. He picked it (our hat) up and literally acknowledged that this will always be home, but he gata go with who he has the better relationship with. He had a longer standing relationship with the staff at A&M than he did with the incoming new staff here. Even though we made him a huge priority, you still have to account that our push was towards the last hours.

At the end of the day, not directed at you Rell at all cuz I got nothing but respect, but as a board and die hard fans, part of recruiting is not taking things too personal. There’s a whole world outside of Miami and these kids are extremely impressionable so if they do leave, be sure to keep that line open cuz as they mature, they’ll soon figure out the grass ain’t always greener. Fellings take a trunk seat to stacking talent. Disrespect and complete games, like what the LB from Central, Lewis or whatever deserves to be sent to voicemail or line disconnected.

So you stack the talent as long as their willing to come. Because stacking talent bring out the best in the current talent you have. Complacency is a disease in any locker room, so knowing that any given day a MF can walk in and take yo spot only makes those in the program drill it in their DNA that they gata bring their best everyday cuz the pine will always have a spot open for a MF. Especially with Zo here and coming back with the mindset of the league, and Mario mentioning how College Football is vastly approaching that model….we all know that the stacking talent will result in many kids coming to the office to hear that convo, “you might wanna hit the portal, cuz the MF that just got here, you know what time it is”

Advertisement
Back