Meanwhile Manny Diaz is out there doing what, recruiting?

Mario is also still recruiting for Oregon as well. Retweeting commits for this class, propping up the Oregon program during press conferences. You work until you’re told not to. That’s the business.

Advertisement
If Manny was staying he would have a marketing catch phrase going (I.e. TNM) but he isn’t tweeting anything or advertising like usual. Or maybe he working hard with the Pr control to try to save himself. Likens isn’t an OC. If that’s what people are planning on and it happens, the season will be over quicker then this year and we will go through all this again.

Does anyone think Manny would have performed better at Temple, or would have been provided a longer leash? Did Manny make the best call here for his coaching resume in hindsight?
wouldve failed pretty bad there.

Not that good of a recruiter to make up for a sh*tty recruiting pool...wouldnt be able to continually get the guys to perform at the level in his defense up there.

I mean the greatest safety in Temple History ran a 4.8 40...How much guys good at playing safety can he land *Dnofrio voice*

you get offered your dream job..u take it.

Advertisement
wouldve failed pretty bad there.

Not that good of a recruiter to make up for a sh*tty recruiting pool...wouldnt be able to continually get the guys to perform at the level in his defense up there.

I mean the greatest safety in Temple History ran a 4.8 40...How much guys good at playing safety can he land *Dnofrio voice*

you get offered your dream job..u take it.
I hear you and since you brought up noD, I‘ll add a Golden - didn‘t that duo do well up there? Just speaking about trajectory. Manny’s scheme as you mentioned would have tanked considering safety play required, good point. I also think you take the dream job but for fvck sake have some humility. He had to know he was going to be in over his head. Thanks for the response Btw.

I hear you and since you brought up noD, I‘ll add a Golden - didn‘t that duo do well up there? Just speaking about trajectory. Manny’s scheme as you mentioned would have tanked considering safety play required, good point. I also think you take the dream job but for fvck sake have some humility. He had to know he was going to be in over his head. Thanks for the response Btw.

They did well up there as they are from the area and had some pull recruiting wise in the area.

Temple is a job at times gets beaten out by schools like Delaware for prospects. Let that sink in.
He didnt think he was over his head because his early defenses wre good...what he misguesses and has done so at every stop is.....his defense is easily figured out. I mean he is running the SAME sh*t that got him killed at UT. Not sure why other than ego that he didnt hitch himself to a legitimate gray beared to reconfigure his d. He brought in Shoop this year..but it was too little too late. I mean 3 years ago i said our lb recruiting was sh*t...and look at the play of our lbs THIS YEAR. They are FCS level talent wise honestly. Thats his position.....looking like that. He sunk himself

Manny honestly should go after the FIU job and rework his image.

They did well up there as they are from the area and had some pull recruiting wise in the area.

Temple is a job at times gets beaten out by schools like Delaware for prospects. Let that sink in.
He didnt think he was over his head because his early defenses wre good...what he misguesses and has done so at every stop is.....his defense is easily figured out. I mean he is running the SAME sh*t that got him killed at UT. Not sure why other than ego that he didnt hitch himself to a legitimate gray beared to reconfigure his d. He brought in Shoop this year..but it was too little too late. I mean 3 years ago i said our lb recruiting was sh*t...and look at the play of our lbs THIS YEAR. They are FCS level talent wise honestly. Thats his position.....looking like that. He sunk himself

Manny honestly should go after the FIU job and rework his image.
He did markedly better with recruits he didn’t even bring in. The former duo I thought Actually recruited that position well even before shaq and pikney, some just had their “Issues“ unfortunately. There were a few guys like Brooks which I thought had the talent but the fall off was development - I’m surprised as quick as he was to adjust staff that he didn’t address this position with such urgency. His scheme was exposed and as you mentioned tweaked too little too late. He needed to hire a D coordinator, but I think his ego wouldn’t allow for anyone to come in and critique and overhaul the entire operation. I think he ends up a position coach after this gig.

Advertisement
Back