Meanwhile Manny Diaz is out there doing what, recruiting?

Canenable

Recruit
We have a guy that is about to be dumped out recruiting for us, I am not sure this is good for anyone at this point. We could have let Manny go by now without dragging him around too. I am all for the end of the Manny Diaz experiment and the sooner the better as him on the recruiting trail telling kids he is going to be here is not the position we would want to be in nor should he be asked to do that. I understand there is probably some posturing to extend the time he is here for the buyout but that message is a double-edged sword because Mario or whoever the new coach ends up being is taking notes of how we operate and will be adjusting their contract terms accordingly to protect for this kind of situation and their contract is going to be a lot heftier than Manny's!

Do everyone a favor and terminate Manny now so he doesn't have to go through this and we can at least start the process of moving forward. Everyone knows this is happening so just start the inevitable process now by dealing with Manny now. Unless of course they are going to try and beat their last hiring timeline between coaches which was like a 6-hour span between the Richt and the Diaz eras! They can terminate Manny and an hour later say they have concluded their search with Mario??? Again, that would be as classless as stringing this out for Manny, but that is apparently what we do these days.

Advertisement
Manny should be out there doing his job every day until he's let go. It's not a bad thing. Manny is a good representative of UM football. It's just that he's a bad football coach.

Think of it like this: Some players commit to a coach, some commit to a program. The kids Manny gets will be committing to the program.

Gotta let things play out in real time, not internet message board time.

Manny should be out there doing his job every day until he's let go. It's not a bad thing. Manny is a good representative of UM football. It's just that he's a bad football coach.

Think of it like this: Some players commit to a coach, some commit to a program. The kids Manny gets will be committing to the program.

Gotta let things play out in real time, not internet message board time.
Let's hope that's the case...

sad-pablo-lonely.gif

Advertisement
And I'll add this - This stat is rather dated but many years ago I saw a stat showing the average tenure of a D1 college football coach was 5.3 years. That means that most kids will see a coaching change during their time on campus. There should never be an expectation that the guy you commit to will be there by the time you graduate.

Given this, its likely best to commit to a guy who's about to be fired. Sounds silly but its true. The 2022 UM recruiting class will have a higher degree of likelihood of having only one coach that the previous 2 or 3 classes.

Advertisement
I can use a real world example. I remember chatting with Shaq Quarterman's father after he committed to Al Golden when everyone knew Golden was not going to survive the season. I was told that his son "committed to UM."
I understand.... I'm just trying to keep the perspective of when it's all announced we'll know for sure.... Trust by no means does it knock anyone on here truly trying to provide positive... I do appreciate it...
I'm home injured right now potentially getting surgery soon so I've been on here and other sites a lot as of late... A bit of stir crazy is setting in on my end... Lol..

No one wants to play for Manny. Miami sells itself. At this point Temple wouldn’t even want him. Bring in Mario or Kiffen and you’ll see the program turn around very quickly.

Advertisement
Does anyone think Manny would have performed better at Temple, or would have been provided a longer leash? Did Manny make the best call here for his coaching resume in hindsight?

I know, it's fun to dump on the guy. Be original. He sucked as a HC, but he grew up a huge fan just like a lot of us did. Let the guy finish his career in peace, doing his job.
**** him. That’s for the players who he treated like ****, lied to and didn’t protect from playing injured for his selfish reasons.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back