Meanwhile Coach L ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

caneworld

Junior
.... makes it thru the cloud, loss of scholarships, probation and all, to sign a 4* prospect in Cane basketball and on his way to another NCAA tourney.

While we are yet to win Coastal in Football ... lined up with every excuse known to man

Coach L is the epitome of making much with less...

Advertisement
Love Coach L, but he's been here for a few years. Comparing him to the new football staff doesn't make much sense.

Bball team has elite guys on roster and more coming. Crown dat man

Thing about Coach L is he consistently beats teams superior than his own (ubfortunately, he also consistently drops games against inferior ones).

Doesn't he have a winning record against Duke ?

He does have a winning record against Duke and up until last year I believe he had a winning record against UNC.

Basketball season tickets will sell out for the second year in a row. The man is the best coach walking in Coral Gables.

Advertisement
coach L is a savage. he consistently turns inferior talent into winning results. plus he seems like a real down to earth guy.

Yes but his son is on the staff.............................

I really don't care, since he wins!

coach L is a savage. he consistently turns inferior talent into winning results. plus he seems like a real down to earth guy.

Something that is completely foreign to Miami football coaches and their lap dog slurpers.

Advertisement
And he proved everyone's point by coming in here and winning immediately. He took a team that only averaged 21 wins per year over the previous four years and vaulted the program to 20 wins right away. That's the savagery we're missing in Richt's first year.

The thing is that he has signed his 3rd 4 STAR prospect for the 2017 class with a couple of more under consideration, inspite of being in a midget basketball program in the same league as giants like Duke, Louisville and NC.

He has overcome ten times the adversity that the FB program has.

He makes no excuse and expects the best from his program ... consistently coaches them up and has fun doing it...

while we make every excuse possible for coach after coach in FB...

He is what Schelly and Fraser were to U FB and Baseball respectively

Last edited:
The thing with basketball is that you can get away with a couple bad losses here and there and still make it to the playoffs. in football you can't do that because there are much fewer games

Advertisement

Yeah, except for the fact that those guys took nothing and won national titles. Our basketball team tries to stay within 25 in the Sweet 16 game every four years.

I'm a little confused with this also. I guess the point of this thread is to take an underhanded swipe at Richt. In then in doing that, others feel the need to rip on Coach L.

Seriously???

Advertisement
I'm a little confused with this also. I guess the point of this thread is to take an underhanded swipe at Richt. In then in doing that, others feel the need to rip on Coach L.

Seriously???

Dumb fans are dumb

Love Coach L, but he's been here for a few years. Comparing him to the new football staff doesn't make much sense.

I didn't mean to upvote. In his first season, he won more games than we ever did in the ACC. He had success right out of the gate. He is an elite coach and was able to instantly build a program.

Yeah, except for the fact that those guys took nothing and won national titles. Our basketball team tries to stay within 25 in the Sweet 16 game every four years.

Wow... Seriously?

I'm not taking sides here because I live and die by both the football and basketball programs, but to minimize what the basketball program has done over the past 5 years, or so, is completely misguided.

I love the stupid ***** on this board.

He took a team that averaged 18 wins per season under the prior regime to 24 wins per season.

He took a team that averaged 6 wins per season in conference and now they average 11 wins per season.

--------------

Over the last Four Years (Haith v. Coach L)

Haith (AVG): 20.75 - 13.0 (6.25 - 9.75)

Coach L (AVG): 24.5 - 11.0 (11.25 - 6.75)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back