Me & Coach Coley convo W/ pic

It is obvious that Al Folden has handcuffed Coley's play calling to protect his D. This is why the D ranked 15 this year. Al's goal was to save DNo's *** this year, so he asked Coley to keep it slow.

Advertisement
We can even take it back to Shannon:

2007: 111th in total, 103rd in scoring
2008: 89th in total, 50th in scoring
2009: 45th in total, 30th in scoring
2010: 31st in total, 66th in scoring

Even Coker:

2006: 87th in total, 87th in scoring
2005: 74th in total, 55th in scoring
2004: 66th in total, 21st in scoring

It starts at the top. We are living in the past the way we approach offense, despite having the best athletes in our back yard.

Exactly. You could have Bill Walsh in his prime as your OC, but if your HC is telling him to milk the play clock down to 5 seconds or less every snap to prop up his **** defensive stats, you're sunk.

Everyone in the coaching world would kill to have access in their backyard to the speed and skill players UM does. Yet Folden insists on trying to play conservative, slowed down to a crawl, antiquated offense. He insists on wasting his greatest resources--local speed and skill talent.

Seems to me that he's just pumping out the company line. The guy has a job, he isn't going to say anything that puts that at risk. You're crazy if you thought he would say anything different than what Golden has been spewing. Whether he's a good or bad OC is beside the point, Golden runs this **** show, all the way down to PR and the message that gets out. Every time the players talk, they're saying the same things, like it's been scripted for them.

Bring in a new head coach and if he wants to keep Coley or any of the other coaches, fine. If not, fine. Until then, get use to the North Korean PR tactics.

Did anyone else think this was going to be a picture of OP and Coley sitting down having a conversation before they opened the thread?

Advertisement
Coley: Lost schollies, lost LBs, so not enough talented depth. Working to fix it. Fans have "no loyalty". So recruits ain't signing.

They just don't get it man. 2-14 against decent teams like we are fn Purdue. No changes made. Fans and recruits should be cool with that? Nah son!!

Changes are a coming. His staff and the players have the right to hear it first. The meeting with the staff and players is this Sunday, 1/11/15. We will know after that. Once we know the changes then we can cheer or trash THE FACTS.

if anyone is gone, its williams. i have heard williams and caroll. franklin and williams. the one consistent is its williams. williams and franklin going would help big time with recruiting. they should bring in kevin patrick and mike rumph. i know, beating a dead horse.

Advertisement
No it's not the record of mediocrity. Its the fans. Losers always complain about what they don't have but never mention what they do have. This staff and its followers are losers to a T

Coley certainly made some Golden like excuses in the convo. I guess its been driven into his brain. But to get us somebody like Kaaya i could cut him a little slack. As for Albortion & NO D they can take a hike.

i've come to realize that our coaches are nothing more than slick politicians.

Advertisement
He's just keeping with the company line...excuse after excuse after excuse. Scholarship losses? laff laff laff Who is this guy kidding?

Also, how dare he questions anyone's loyalty? **** him and the rest of this staff and administration.

Coley: Lost schollies, lost LBs, so not enough talented depth. Working to fix it. Fans have "no loyalty". So recruits ain't signing.

They just don't get it man. 2-14 against decent teams like we are fn Purdue. No changes made. Fans and recruits should be cool with that? Nah son!!

Changes are a coming. His staff and the players have the right to hear it first. The meeting with the staff and players is this Sunday, 1/11/15. We will know after that. Once we know the changes then we can cheer or trash THE FACTS.

Great another weekend long rumor..

Advertisement
Here's some fun facts about James Coley's offense:

62nd in scoring offense
47th in total offense
89th in RedZone offense
95th in third down conversions

Let's compare Patrick Nix's 2nd season:
50th in scoring offense (better than Coley)
89th in total offense (worse than Coley)
4th in Red Zone conversions (worlds better than Coley)
100th in third down conversions (about the same as Coley)

For those numbers, which are arguably better than Coley's, Nix was ****canned. Never was an OC again, now coaches HS ball.

How about the much maligned Mark Whipple in his 2nd season:
64th in scoring offense (same as Coley)
31st in total offense (better than Coley)
107th in red zone (slightly worse than coley)
53rd in third down conversions (much better than Coley)

Mark Whipple never coordinated a Power 5 team again, and now coaches a DII team.

So here we have two guys who were universally recognized as terrible, deservedly fired, who never coached on this level again, and they overall were equal to or better than James Coley is.

But b/c Coley tweets and says "dale", you have people who excuse him. Need I remind you this POS is a Nole. Since his arrival our recruiting has gotten significantly worse by ranking, which is also inarguable.

charlie-murphy-hates-your-web-host.jpg

:positive:

Advertisement
Back