MDCPS & Broward County Public Schools

confirmed their muscle in FL tonight!!!! The FHSAA has now agreed to move back the first date of Fall Sports to August 24th Instead of Monday July 27th. This transpired today after their last emergency BOD’s meeting on Monday which voted 10-5 to start all fall sports on July 27th. Kudos to Dr. Alberto Carvalho, MDCPS Superintendent who made it clear how unethical, unfair and unjust it was to leave SFL school districts out of the state championship series by starting fall sports next Monday. Several South Florida high school football coaches made it clear it may be time to succeed from the fhsaa and create their own super conference with other big urban cities in FL.

Advertisement
confirmed their muscle in FL tonight!!!! The FHSAA has now agreed to move back the first date of Fall Sports to August 24th Instead of Monday July 27th. This transpired today after their last emergency BOD’s meeting on Monday which voted 10-5 to start all fall sports on July 27th. Kudos to Dr. Alberto Carvalho, MDCPS Superintendent cwho made it clear how unethical, unfair and unjust it was to leave SFL school districts out of the state championship series by starting fall sports next Monday. Several South Florida high school football coaches made it clear it may be time to succeed from the fhsaa and create their own super conference with other big urban cities in FL.
Carvhalo? This place is hilarious.....

confirmed their muscle in FL tonight!!!! The FHSAA has now agreed to move back the first date of Fall Sports to August 24th Instead of Monday July 27th. This transpired today after their last emergency BOD’s meeting on Monday which voted 10-5 to start all fall sports on July 27th. Kudos to Dr. Alberto Carvalho, MDCPS Superintendent who made it clear how unethical, unfair and unjust it was to leave SFL school districts out of the state championship series by starting fall sports next Monday. Several South Florida high school football coaches made it clear it may be time to succeed from the fhsaa and create their own super conference with other big urban cities in FL.

Funniest thing i've read in months.

Funniest thing i've read in months.
Might not be a bad idea tbh, but I'm biased. I've been arguing for years the South Florida should secede from the rest of the state altogether. Our interests haven't been represented in Tally for some time and they continuously give us the short end of the legislative stick despite bringing in most of the money and being the most populous region. We culturally have nothing in common past Orlando, and O-Town is pretty much it's own bizarro world these days so I'm not sure you can draw the line that far North anymore.

Advertisement
1A schools in the panhandle have already started there own conference. Most 1A schools are in it except for Madison County Which is really a 4a school but pulled some shady school population #s.

Might not be a bad idea tbh, but I'm biased. I've been arguing for years the South Florida should secede from the rest of the state altogether. Our interests haven't been represented in Tally for some time and they continuously give us the short end of the legislative stick despite bringing in most of the money and being the most populous region. We culturally have nothing in common past Orlando, and O-Town is pretty much it's own bizarro world these days so I'm not sure you can draw the line that far North anymore.
How have they given So. Fla. the short end of the stick? Serious question.

Advertisement
You gotta think that the rest of the state is looking at this year as their opportunity. If no south Florida schools, the door comes wide open for others.

I was beyond shocked that in today's political climate they didn't cave on the spot the other night.

All they did was prolong this inevitability.

Advertisement
Might not be a bad idea tbh, but I'm biased. I've been arguing for years the South Florida should secede from the rest of the state altogether. Our interests haven't been represented in Tally for some time and they continuously give us the short end of the legislative stick despite bringing in most of the money and being the most populous region. We culturally have nothing in common past West Palm Beach, and O-Town is pretty much it's own bizarro world these days so I'm not sure you can draw the line that far North anymore.

FIFY

Advertisement

We help them with at least 65 percent of all profits for the entire operating budget so yeah it’s in their best interest to keep us on board.

1A schools in the panhandle have already started there own conference. Most 1A schools are in it except for Madison County Which is really a 4a school but pulled some shady school population #s.

they don’t really count in terms of revenue so yes they were allowed to secede without issue and will be welcomed back at anytime

Advertisement
Back