McShay's 2018 NFL draft rankings: Top 10 prospects at every

Advertisement
Honestly, just like there's no point of doing pre-season rankings; there's no point in doing draft prospect before the season. Probably should wait until at least half-way through the regular season.

Also, the only guy who's rankings I care about are Mike Mayock's.

I hope this puts things in perspective for all you Mark Walton haters.

Maybe you should reevaluate why you always wanna sh*t on our own guy.

If that's the perception an idiot like McShay has, then our own fans should never be in that same boat.

But I guess I'm just a "blind homer" for supporting him, smh.

Any man that gets his **** pushed in by Kiper should not be trusted.
tumblr_nazslrbZ411ttc7kno1_250.gif

Honestly, just like there's no point of doing pre-season rankings; there's no point in doing draft prospect before the season. Probably should wait until at least half-way through the regular season.

Agree with you about Mayock (and Jeremiah)...at least as far as the mainstream evaluators are concerned.

But, preseason rankings are good. Let's not forget that all these draft eligible players already have 2 years of experience. Now while what you do in your senior season is the most important, and even can completely negate what you did the previous yrs, it doesn't mean those other 2 yrs of game film aren't important. Also by now most evaluators have a good indication who the top prospects are.

Advertisement
One of our main leaders has several off the field issues???

And they are what exactly McGay?

Espn is so wack

There's never been a single moment when I've considered Walton's size a problem or weakness.

I'll admit that I liked Yearby b/c of his size (more than Walton), but Walton has worked harder & earned the starting role & is now a dominant player at RB. He'll be the 3-5th RB drafted. GREAT player.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
There's never been a single moment when I've considered Walton's size a problem or weakness.

Walton is the same size as Frank Gore in his third year with the Canes. Frank has done pretty well in the NFL. Walton is not as talented as Frank. But size is not a major issue.

Delaney was talked about maybe being drafted if he chose that, how the fuqk is he not on the list

Like the poster above said, their ratings are like an avalanche and trash like this along with their stupid social justice warrior bs is why

I'll admit that I liked Yearby b/c of his size (more than Walton), but Walton has worked harder & earned the starting role & is now a dominant player at RB. He'll be the 3-5th RB drafted. GREAT player.

Go Canes!

Yearby was bigger than Walton?

Not sure if true, but Yearby felt like a scatback to me, whereas even though he's not huge, Walton has always looked like a regular back to me.

I don't care how tall they are, as long as the legs are big they can be a regular back in my eyes.

Advertisement

I felt the same way but I find myself really questioning Mayock now too after the last draft. When he started going on about how that RB out of Tennessee he had to rank ahead of Mixon and Cook after watching so much tape, I had to go check him out because I wasn't familiar with him.

I'll eat my words if I'm wrong (but I think there's little chance I'll need to), but I think there is next to no chance that kid ends up being better than Mixon and Cook. It was a mystery to me what he saw there. Gauging RB's is one of the easiest spots to rank as well I think.

Todd McShay's preseason 2018 NFL draft prospect rankings for every position

Only 2 Canes to make the list but by years end, I'd expect a couple of others from the Defense to be on here

Tight Ends
7. Chris Herndon, Miami (FL)

Grade: 34

Filling David Njoku's role, Herndon is a bit of an unknown, and he lacks ideal speed.

Running Backs
9. Mark Walton, Miami (Fla.)*

Grade: 55

A standout sophomore campaign with 1,117 yards on 5.3 YPC and 14 touchdowns places Walton on this preseason list. A tiny back (listed at 5-foot-9, 205 pounds), Walton had six games last season with a run of at least 22 yards. He had a DUI last summer, among other off-the-field issues.

I can't see the list b/c I am not an ESPN insider. Who would purchase that?

I fault ESPN more than McShay for probably making him come out with this list before he is ready to. I bet his blurbs on non-Miami players are just as inaccurate. It' stupid anyway to come out with a list at this point...as OP mentioned, by years end, his list and everyone else's list with be completely different.

His job is to assess college talent. Year round.

He knows when he has to produce a list for. No excuse.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back