McGahee hit

Look at a lot of the greats in all sports. They really aren't the very best at any given point in time, but they're really good for a long time. That's McGahee. That half step slower might have extended his career and he was still a **** of a back.
Yep, Mario Lemieux probably breaks all of Gretzky's records without the back issues. What could Mickey Mantle have done?

Advertisement
Just curios but would the hit Allen took to Willis knee be considered targeting since he lead with his head?

Was just thinking about all these targeting calls being made lately.

If the roles would've been reversed Miami would've been hit with a 15-yard unsportsmanlike penalty.

Allen got up and did the throat-slash gesture a few times as he stomped off.

Could've easily been an automatic first down.

Either way, Miami bounced back from 17-7 and won 24-17 as Glenn Sharpe never should've been hit with the bogus call and that loser Chris Gamble should've caught that football.

Watching that game, when i saw that play. It killed my buzz! Simply devastating!!

Advertisement
Thoughts I never try to relive. That game goes down as a low point in Canes Fandom and really was the beginning of the end of us as a program.

Advertisement
Thread
18C2D440-B42D-490A-8B4A-39EA73A14BF5.gif

It was low tackle by a DB. DB's tackle low every game all game. This was just a fluke play. No more except for the injury on a beloved cane.

Advertisement
It was low tackle by a DB. DB's tackle low every game all game. This was just a fluke play. No more except for the injury on a beloved cane.

I think it was a dirty play the guy was trying to take his knee out... players don’t tackle like that If they did there would be a lot more of those types of injuries imo.

I remember feeling so sick to my stomach after that play. Not just from the gruesome injury but the emotion of it - best player going down, mcgahee's reaction, how the game was going. Just a horrible moment in 'Canes history, followed by another one at the end of the game. What a horrible day.

Advertisement
before that injury i was pretty sure the lions would have taken mcgahee at #2 overall over charles rogers
I also think he was robbed of the Heisman. They gave it to sorry *** Eric Crouch the year before smdh.

Advertisement
Back