McGahee hit

canecrazy23

CIS GIF Champion 2021
Just curios but would the hit Allen took to Willis knee be considered targeting since he lead with his head?

Was just thinking about all these targeting calls being made lately.

Advertisement
Just curios but would the hit Allen took to Willis knee be considered targeting since he lead with his head?

Was just thinking about all these targeting calls being made lately.
Technically I think he hit him with the shoulder, but even if it was helmet likely uncalled. I think Keontra's hit on golden boy was the first time I saw a targeting call to the middle of a dude's chest/stomach. I get the purpose of the rule to protect all players but they should also throw the flag more on the offensive players... Like when a RB lowers his head about to take contact and the defensive player hits him helmet to helmet it seems like both are at fault.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Mentally yes. But he was always a half step slower. Miracle he even played again tho.
Look at a lot of the greats in all sports. They really aren't the very best at any given point in time, but they're really good for a long time. That's McGahee. That half step slower might have extended his career and he was still a **** of a back.

Advertisement
Technically I think he hit him with the shoulder, but even if it was helmet likely uncalled. I think Keontra's hit on golden boy was the first time I saw a targeting call to the middle of a dude's chest/stomach. I get the purpose of the rule to protect all players but they should also throw the flag more on the offensive players... Like when a RB lowers his head about to take contact and the defensive player hits him helmet to helmet it seems like both are at fault.
Yes to the offensive player. What can the defender do when the offensive player lowers his head at the last minute to try and run the defender over? The rule is supposed to be about player safety and if you're gonna penalize defenders because lowering the head is unsafe, it's unsafe when an offensive player does it.

Advertisement
Back