McDonald on wr class

Ethnicsands

All-American
There's a quote from McDonald excerpted on shadow's board, not sure where it came from, but he basically says he thinks m. Lewis is the most underrated kid in the class and the best wr in Florida. Also raves about ajl and waters.

I think McDonald is a solid wr coach who knows talent so I find that interesting.

Advertisement
Lewis is the most polished receiver. He does all the little stuff so well at such a young age. It's gonna be exciting watching him develop into the first rounder I think he can be.

I think McDonald is the goods as a WR coach.

Here's the piece:
One change to expect in UM’s offense, style-wise: “We’re going to have to push our tempo,” coordinator Jedd Fisch said. “We have to get more plays run.” Several NFL teams called Fisch last month (including the Bears). But Fisch told us last week, “I want to spend many years here with Al Golden.”… Receivers coach George McDonald calls UM signee Malcolm Lewis of Miramar “the most underrated person in the state – one of the best, if not the best, receiver in [Florida]. He has so much upside, him and [Homestead’s] Herb Waters. I’m so excited all about six” new receivers, including Angelo Jean-Louis. And Fisch said Robert Lockhart "is a stud - unbelievable, explosive player.''

FAP to the bolded and pretty much everything in this piece.

Advertisement
For the first time in a long time, I feel like our staff is finally working as one. Everybody is fully invested and on the same page.

probably the most overlooked part of our WR class is the coach. We are bringing in a mixed bag at WR and I feel good about McDonald being able to bring out the best in them.

McDonald is an upward trending coach. I've been really impressed with his work and listening to him talk football. The guy knows his ****.

Advertisement
Finally we will have a cohesive coaching staff over the years for the kids to work with. Hopefully Al can keep the majority of the staff together as he works towards winning that sixth MNC.

Al's going to have little trouble attracting good assistants. That's important in this business.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back