Mccord set to make his decision at AA game

datcaneguy

Senior
His finalist are Georgia, Miami, South Carolina, Florida and USC.

Says that all the schools are great schools and for him, it's hard to tell a school you're not interested or whatever the case may be.

McCord has taken official visits to Miami, Georgia and South Carolina. All three have shown different kinds of positives as McCord has evaluated them.

Says at Miami they showed more of a family than at any other school at Georgia his old teammate, Ramik Wilson, hosted him. He probably showed him a better time than any other host did. South Carolina, they were the first to offer him. It kinda surprised me with the whole campus and he enjoyed all his visits

No matter the choice announced this weekend, he plans to take an official visit to USC

McCord visited the Trojans unofficially for their Rising Stars camp the summer between his junior and senior seasons. They went a long way to impress.

"USC was all-around the best school I ever visited," McCord said. "The academic program, they're always a big-time football team. The tradition there and what not."

This week McCord plans to sort through his options so he can make a commitment by Saturday even with one visit in the future.

"I've just gotta talk it over with my family," McCord said. "It's just education-wise. I have an opportunity to play big-time football at each school so the main difference is academics. What school is best for me in my field, which is broadcasting and communications and probably business."

Last edited:
Advertisement
need upfield guys like him......kid is explosice...can play the olb role in the 3-4 for us........is a tampa kid...if we can get him and Sherit next year that will be 4 tampa dlineman on the roster...all with highmotors

I'd love for him to come to Miami, but I'm guessing he chooses South Carolina.

Advertisement
I'd love for him to come to Miami, but I'm guessing he chooses South Carolina.

I'm with ya'. I'd love for us to bring him in, but I don't think it's going to happen.

I don't want to sound like I'm happy about a moral victory, but the fact that McCord is still interested in us because Golden never stopped recruiting him, despite the NCAA bullcrap and our craptacular season, does give me a slight glimmer of hope that Golden can recruit well. McCord seems genuinely interested in Miami, which is more than I can say about a lot of other kids.

This week McCord plans to sort through his options so he can make a commitment by Saturday even with one visit in the future.

I believe that visit is to Univ of Southern California. It would seem odd to choose somebody else then visit USC. It seems that even if he chooses UM at the AA that he could flip after he visits USC.

Last edited:
This week McCord plans to sort through his options so he can make a commitment by Saturday even with one visit in the future. I believe that visit is to Univ of Southern California. It would seem odd to choose somebody else then visit USC. It seems that even if he chooses UM at the AA that he could flip after he visits USC.
Personally i think that the kid wants to visit Cali for free...... USC is to far for a west central Florida kid......

Doesn't USC (CA) have an excellent broadcasting and communications program, how does UM fair in this dept.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back