McCluster announcing tomorrow

Maybe because the plan could be to target safeties and turn them into LBs? Speed kills.

Question is: would you rather have a slowish 4-star LB or a fast 3 star safety? LB is probably stronger and more ready to contribute immediately (maybe gets reps as 3rd teamer), while the safety needs a year or 2 in the weight room, but when he's ready his RS Sophomore year, he can run and hit like a truck. Really not a right or wrong answer, just depends what kind of defense you plan on running.
You're overthinking this. In the end what you're proposing could happen I guess but by no means is this a real option to debate right now.

Advertisement
Lol at people comparing Vilma and Darrin Smith. Smith ran a 4.42 for the record. Here's Vilma's combine...

• 4.43 40 Yard Dash
  • 37 Inch Vertical
  • 23 Bench Reps
  • 6.67 Three-Cone Drill
  • 4.20 Short Shuttle
  • 10-foot-1 Broad Jump
That's as elite as it gets. Those are better numbers than both Devin's in this years draft.

Lol at people comparing Vilma and Darrin Smith. Smith ran a 4.42 for the record. Here's Vilma's combine...

• 4.43 40 Yard Dash
  • 37 Inch Vertical
  • 23 Bench Reps
  • 6.67 Three-Cone Drill
  • 4.20 Short Shuttle
  • 10-foot-1 Broad Jump
That's as elite as it gets. Those are better numbers than both Devin's in this years draft.
Vilma said he arrived at Miami weighing 195 pounds and running a 4.9. Players can improve their numbers in college

Advertisement

• 4.43 40 Yard Dash
  • 37 Inch Vertical
  • 23 Bench Reps
  • 6.67 Three-Cone Drill
  • 4.20 Short Shuttle
  • 10-foot-1 Broad Jump
Vilma ran a 4.51 (Low)....4.61 (High) at the 2004 Combine...Lol at anyone in their right mind actually thinking Vilma was as fast as Smith....

• 4.43 40 Yard Dash
  • 37 Inch Vertical
  • 23 Bench Reps
  • 6.67 Three-Cone Drill
  • 4.20 Short Shuttle
  • 10-foot-1 Broad Jump
Go to Vilmas 2004 combine #s....Lol at 4.43....4.51 low....4.61 High

Maybe because the plan could be to target safeties and turn them into LBs? Speed kills.

Question is: would you rather have a slowish 4-star LB or a fast 3 star safety? LB is probably stronger and more ready to contribute immediately (maybe gets reps as 3rd teamer), while the safety needs a year or 2 in the weight room, but when he's ready his RS Sophomore year, he can run and hit like a truck. Really not a right or wrong answer, just depends what kind of defense you plan on running.

I would have rather have a 4 star LB who has speed and can hit. We don't have to chose either or. Recruitment at the LB needs to get better period

Advertisement
McCluster has always been pegged as FSU. Package deal talk was only reason we are even talking about this. If Mathis doesn’t commit today/soon (to whoever), I actually think this was a ploy by these two to get Mathis a committable offer from FSU (since if they were truly package then FSU would have been in Mathis’ top three). It didn’t work, so McCluster is getting on board for them.

Mccluster is not that much bigger than some of these big DB, he weighs 190

Advertisement
Oh stop it. I understand we are cane fans but common.
I’m saying whether he comes here or not. In a time period where the middle of the field needs to be progressively athletic he’s, not.

Further similarities between Howard and McCluster - Former safeties, moved to LB to accommodate lack of speed for safety, undersized for LB type they are progressing towards, lacking side to side ability.

Am I wrong?

package deal w him and his boy?

his boys top 3 - UF -au AND THE U

mcluster - FSU - Aub - The U..???

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back