McCloud

Advertisement
He’s not athletic, stiff as a board and doesn’t get off blocks well. He doesn’t play with great instincts either. Louisville are licking their chops. The type of speed and scheme are going to really expose him and Jennings unfortunately.

He’s not athletic, stiff as a board and doesn’t get off blocks well. He doesn’t play with great instincts either. Louisville are licking their chops. The type of speed and scheme are going to really expose him and Jennings unfortunately.
Agreed dude doesnt even seem to try and get off blocks and when he does penetrate he will go right by the ball carrier. NO way this dude is a middle.

Advertisement
He needs to be in the middle, kid is athletic but he gets lost in space. I really believe middle linebacker is for him where he can just read an react. Last night saw him taking bad angles all night. The coaches are wasting this kid
Problem is he takes too long to read then react.. Doesnt process quickly.. Play can be in front of him and he hasnt even moved yet

Problem is he takes too long to read then react.. Doesnt process quickly.. Play can be in front of him and he hasnt even moved yet
This is where we will miss Pinckney and Shaq. They read quickly and reacted. They weren’t necessarily superior athletes, but their brains worked fast. Processing speed can’t be taught.

Some of y’all tried to jump on me for saying on here that McCloud wasn’t going to be any better than hes always been at Miami way back in the spring and also last year when the news of him redshirting went public. Majority of his issues are just his lack of football instincts. He has all the physical tools but getting to the football doesn’t come naturally to him from the LBer position.

I think he should switch places with Patrick Joyner and move to DE to see if that works. The staff is just being loyal to him bc he came in with Shaq and Pinckney with high expectations and took a redshirt last season. But he shouldn’t be on the field over Waymon Steed, Avery Huff, and Tirek Austin Cave at WLB.

Last edited:
This is where we will miss Pinckney and Shaq. They read quickly and reacted. They weren’t necessarily superior athletes, but their brains worked fast. Processing speed can’t be taught.

Ehhhhh.... if you read and quickly react but you're slow to get there, does it matter that you read faster?

Pinckney was good. Shaq was overrated as a player. Great leader and provided much needed stability at the position, but disappeared entirely at times. I'll take the young speed we have all day.

Advertisement
Some of you thought because he's been here for 8 years his deficiencies wouldn't exist.

Advertisement
Back