McCloud Redshirting?

BeastMode

Junior
I know he lost his role one we implemented the striker but he didn’t even log a snap yesterday. **** he should at least be thrown out there on special teams. Diaz said he isn’t redshirting but not logging a snap is weird

Advertisement
Advertisement
Where he is going to go? He won't be drafted at this point. I was telling someone at the tailgate yesterday that he should have a shirt this year.

Grad transfer and play somewhere else. He isn’t guaranteed to be the starter next year. Huff, Books, Jennings, Steed and all the freshman coming in

Free year of grad school and a chance to start? What's his alternative?

The people that don't understand this are clue less. He's not gonna be drafted, but he would be a full time starter next year with a shirt. If I was his parents I would of told him to tell the coaches that. He would dress every game rest of the year but definately look to shirt him.

Next year lb group will not be good at all ...no leadership or guys with true college reps.

The people that don't understand this are clue less. He's not gonna be drafted, but he would be a full time starter next year with a shirt. If I was his parents I would of told him to tell the coaches that. He would dress every game rest of the year but definately look to shirt him.

Next year lb group will not be good at all ...no leadership or guys with true college reps.

Outside of Brooks, you're right. And I don't know how many snaps he's going to see this year either. The other LBs have little experience too - Jennings hasn't proven much and is injured. Wilder is done. And Steed is coming off his 2nd major injury to his knee. It makes all the sense in the world to shirt McCloud so he's a starter next year.

Advertisement
Outside of Brooks, you're right. And I don't know how many snaps he's going to see this year either. The other LBs have little experience too - Jennings hasn't proven much and is injured. Wilder is done. And Steed is coming off his 2nd major injury to his knee. It makes all the sense in the world to shirt McCloud so he's a starter next year.

They don't have foresight. He isn't a world beater but he is better than what's returning. What ever reps he is suppose or get I will give to Romeo Finley at this point..and play him in an break glass for emergency type of situation.

I have no faith in steed or jennings. Brooks first year playing standing up is now with limited reps

They don't have foresight. He isn't a world beater but he is better than what's returning. What ever reps he is suppose or get I will give to Romeo Finley at this point..and play him in an break glass for emergency type of situation.

I have no faith in steed or jennings. Brooks first year playing standing up is now with limited reps
Don’t think steed is coming back from his injuries?

Cmon man. You know the guys on the bench are automatically better than the 4 year starters

Advertisement
Screenshot_2019-09-22-14-32-06(1).png

I've always thought Zach had the ability to inside backer. He's a more athletic than Shaq and is a thumper. I think he would bring more to the table in terms of sideline to sideline speed. Honestly, he would be the ideal replacement for Shaq on the inside as an experienced 5th year senior. I just don't know if he would be able to deal with the added mental responsibility that comes with playing MLB.

When Pickney got hurt I thought for sure McCloud would come in. He didn’t even begin to try. And I don’t even know who replaced Pickney for that play.

Advertisement
I've been screaming this for the longest! Just don't make any sense. I guess this is what we have to look forward to. #TNM right? Gtfoh. #T.hisN.ewJ.oke!

I guarantee McCloud won’t start on this defense next season... If we were playing a 4-3 then yes I would agree, but with only two lbers on the field he has no shot. He will get reps next season but he’s not starting.

Advertisement
Back