McClendon telling WR's not to go to Miami because they are going to run the ball a lot

This has been mentioned already by various ppl on various platforms and Stevo touched on it as well on the show.

Bmac reassured the players, recruits, and their families he was staying. Got Andy Jean’s commitment and the next day bounced. Didn’t tell anyone until he was on his way to UGA which is why the players were so surprised because he told them a few hours prior he wasn’t going. That’s the ugly side of the business and he didn’t handle it the way a grown man should.

Within a few hours of being at UGA, he’s already negative recruiting Miami saying we aren’t going to be throwing the ball to those same kids he was selling Miami on 24 hours prior. I get he has a new job to do but to try and negative recruit the school you were just at about running the ball when you’re the WR coach (aka blocking game coordinator) at UGA where their best WR just transferred because they’re ground and pound, bad bad look by Bmac.

I hope these recruits see right through his nonsense and tell him to kick rocks.
I’m not too worried about this type of recruiting long term. He can say this today but when we hire new coaches and show the scheme, it’ll be just as easy to negatively recruit against UGA’s scheme. Especially bringing Bennett back.

Advertisement
I’m not too worried about this type of recruiting long term. He can say this today but when we hire new coaches and show the scheme, it’ll be just as easy to negatively recruit against UGA’s scheme. Especially bringing Bennett back.

I’m not worried about the effectiveness of him but just the arrogance and balls to do it the way he did. Can’t speak for anyone involved but it doesn’t sound like players or recruits are very happy with the manner in which he conducted himself.

I’m not worried about the effectiveness of him but just the arrogance and balls to do it the way he did. Can’t speak for anyone involved but it doesn’t sound like players or recruits are very happy with the manner in which he conducted himself.
Yea it was definitely a ***** move. I’d believe most people see through it. This is where having a HC like Mario makes this pretty negligible.

F him but I do fear that there's some truth to this. Mario really needs to nail the OC hire and step aside. Don't force the plodding pistol on Miami.
Why do you fear this? Bama runs a lot…ditto UGA. Back in the day all we had were stud backs and could run or pass well.

Fix the trenches and dominate there. Don’t care how we get there as long as we win.

Advertisement
Any word or idea how Mario has taken it, especially since he’s had BMac on staff at Oregon for a few years? Seems like BMac burned that bridge & lost respect but don’t know if that how Mario would feel about it.

This has been mentioned already by various ppl on various platforms and Stevo touched on it as well on the show.

Bmac reassured the players, recruits, and their families he was staying. Got Andy Jean’s commitment and the next day bounced. Didn’t tell anyone until he was on his way to UGA which is why the players were so surprised because he told them a few hours prior he wasn’t going. That’s the ugly side of the business and he didn’t handle it the way a grown man should.

Within a few hours of being at UGA, he’s already negative recruiting Miami saying we aren’t going to be throwing the ball to those same kids he was selling Miami on 24 hours prior. I get he has a new job to do but to try and negative recruit the school you were just at about running the ball when you’re the WR coach (aka blocking game coordinator) at UGA where their best WR just transferred because they’re ground and pound, bad bad look by Bmac.

I hope these recruits see right through his nonsense and tell him to kick rocks.
Thank you. This is a great summation of the chronology of events. It puts it all in perspective with the timing of things. Like literally he got a kid’s commitment telling him he’s staying at Miami and saying we’ve got TVD and we’re gonna throw the ball on Sunday and on Monday he’s in Athens as a WR coach for UGA with Stetson Bennett as QB and their best WR just bolting for Bama because they don’t throw and he’s tweeting out that Miami isn’t going to throw the ball so don’t go there.

Whats a fraud.

I wonder if this was Kirby and is related to Mario trying to get Schumann- the way he did things?

Advertisement
Thank you. This is a great summation of the chronology of events. It puts it all in perspective with the timing of things. Like literally he got a kid’s commitment telling him he’s staying at Miami and saying we’ve got TVD and we’re gonna throw the ball on Sunday and on Monday he’s in Athens as a WR coach for UGA with Stetson Bennett as QB and their best WR just bolting for Bama because they don’t throw and he’s tweeting out that Miami isn’t going to throw the ball so don’t go there.

Whats a fraud.

I wonder if this was Kirby and is related to Mario trying to get Schumann- the way he did things?
RVA..........
College ball is now a business where loyalties lie in the paycheck.
This also confirms that our feelings may have to adjust in order to conform to reality...
There are no friends when a Coach leaves regardless of previous experiences.

This is what happens when you put the ***** on a pedestal. We certainly know who wears the pants in the McClendon household and it ain't this guy.
This is definitely a weak beta move. He’s a cuck and I hope he flames out in S Florida trying to get recruits. If Mario nails the WR coach hire none of this will matter in the grand scheme of things.

Any word or idea how Mario has taken it, especially since he’s had BMac on staff at Oregon for a few years? Seems like BMac burned that bridge & lost respect but don’t know if that how Mario would feel about it.

No idea about Mario but I can't image it ended well. Bmac was trying to angle to be the actual OC.

Whats a fraud.

Idk, I'm sure other schools inquired about Schumann to be their primary DC. I think this is all about who Bmac is.

Advertisement
Definitely a legit worry. If you don't think it is, you have your head in the sand. Hopefully Mario can adjust.

Mario had an unreal NFL talent in Herbert and Oregon only threw for ~250 ypg in his 2 years there. NFL pro bowl QB and they were running 68 play per game his SR year, wasting a talent like that is a fileable offense. Should have been putting up near Burrow/LSU numbers in 19-20

The more classless a coach acts the harder it gets for them to recruit. Everyone knows a punk when they see one, I believe he hurt himself down here with that kind of stunt. In business I always teach my reps never to put the competition down, it's always better to just name your strengths. If I know our product is a superior product but the client wants a competitors trash product lower pricing I simply say since we have a high end product its hard to match the pricing of other lower end products in the industry since its not an apples to apples comparison. It gets the point across without us saying ABC company makes trash so don't buy them. He just did himself and his school a disservice and I'm happy we don't have a bonehead like that on our staff anymore

Last edited:
Advertisement
I kinda understand why they use miami and the background. Sunny blue beautiful skys...thats appealing...

Come on what do you think want to use... Athens on top a pic and this crazy pic of athens that looks like used it on the walking dead.View attachment 176556
It’s just not the same without some tumbleweed and a local thrown in.

2609D530-0D36-44AD-ADA1-7404713CC746.gif

Definitely a legit worry. If you don't think it is, you have your head in the sand. Hopefully Mario can adjust.

Mario had an unreal NFL talent in Herbert and Oregon only threw for ~250 ypg in his 2 years there. NFL pro bowl QB and they were running 68 play per game his SR year, wasting a talent like that is a fileable offense. Should have been putting up near Burrow/LSU numbers in 19-20

Careful, the 'down-vote lynch mob' doesn't think there's any room for Mario to improve.

Lol Jawjas can’t field a QB or WR worth a fuggg

They are the definition of a graveyard for 5star QBs and WRs yet he wants to put us down…. Good one!

Advertisement
Back