McCarthy vs Champagnat (T.Valentine) Wrap-Up

U

User-4525

What a role reversal by two programs in just a few years. Champagnat was a program that couldn't even compete on the football field with lower level schools. On the other hand, Archbishop McCarthy was one or two plays away from beating eventual state champions Norland (2010). Now, Archbishop McCarthy struggles to put points on the board, while Champagnat is aiming to make a deep playoff run.

Archbishop McCarthy Mavericks

After a coaching change in spring 2011 at Archbishop McCarthy...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
"He's big. Once he gets into college they're gonna kick his *** into shape and he will become a beast."

Thats funny as **** right there... Was that game today?

That's a **** of a game report. Lots of nuggets in there, including Valentine playing nose.

Excited to watch Claude and Solomon.

That's a **** of a game report. Lots of nuggets in there, including Valentine playing nose.

Thanks. This Champagnat team is big & athletic. They've been bringing in a lot of quality players.

Advertisement
Even our greatest DTs from in the day took plays off. Want this kid and trust Goldenization.

Valentine will be a far better collegiate player with conditioning, Strength training and better technique. Combined with his size and natural he will be a force in the middle, in the face of the QB and disrupting the run. He will free up our DE's and Linebackers to use their natural speed and athleticism. Trevonte will be fine, we just need to hold on to him till Feb.

When Champagnat played Westminster I noticed that Valentine seemed lazy and often resembled Bain to me by the ability to manhandle anyone when he wants to but just didn't do it. It scares me to think he is not a guy who competes on every possession or has that self motivation. Maybe getting around good coaches will fix that.

With the great S&C that UM has he will be fine plus honestly against a bad team I can understand anybody not giving it their all

Advertisement
People forget Valentine plays over 100 plays a game due to playing both ways. If Valentine only played defense it will be a major problem. Also, Archbishop McCarthy turned the sprinklers on before the game so it was very muddy and that stoped Valentine from showing off any change of direction. What people don't know when Valentine came to Champagnat he was 349lbs now he's 319lbs. Conditioning isn't an issue try playing over 100 plays at 320lbs full speed.

Last edited:

I like it. We are going to have to patchwork that spot for a few years until Valentine and Jenkins are ready. Hopefully Stuckey can man that spot next year.

I see some serious competition here. Pete and Cameron are going to be fighting for second string reps. Tito may need to redshirt.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I see some serious competition here. Pete and Cameron are going to be fighting for second string reps. Tito may need to redshirt.

Dem my writers

214.gif

Advertisement
Back