Mayor proposes new site for Stadium

University of Miami will make a lot less money in a tiny 40K stadium when we sell about 50K tickets per game

I've tried to explain this to you once, but you refuse to learn. Of that 50,000, over half are either free or sold at rock bottom prices, like $140 for an entire season. We have to sell them at low prices at SLS because the supply ridiculously outweighs demand. If we have a 40K stadium, every seat commands a premium. Season tickets will sell out. How you still don't get this is anyone's guess. You might be the only guy on earth who defends the idea of having a football game with 35,000 empty seats and absolutely no atmosphere.

I don't agree with your bogus opinion and you ignore we get a major amount of money from parking fees even with the people in the cheap seats. UM won't get any parking revenue at Beckham's tiny stadium. With 40K seats about 10K go to either students that pay $62 a year in student fees and the rest of that 10K goes to the visiting team under NCAA rules. UM can't make money selling only 30K seats and missing out on the big games like FSU and ND where we sell out SLS. That MLS stadium is a down size the business plan to UM. Even if we were in that MLS stadium there are going to be a lot of empty seats when we play weak teams. Forget about ever playing a big OCC team like UF, OSU in a tiny 40K stadium since extra seats is the only way we can get them to play at Miami. Where are we going to be when the ACC allows students to get stipend that is not far off?

We already sell on average of 50K tickets per game now and have sold more than 40K since the 1999 season. If you were at the gator game we had major atmosphere at SLS. The Competition is what drives ticket sales in this town not some stadium that have a view of Biscayne Bay as it only improvement over where we play now. Having a skyline view isn't going to make our atmosphere better at Canes games in the Beckham's soccer stadium that would make UM the laughing stock of the nation being 2nd chair to a girlyman sports of kick ball.

Keep dreaming Beckham cares enough about UM to build a stadium that meets UM's needs since it is never going to happen. Stop letting that underwear model use you as his political ploy since he is never going to share his stadium with UM. It won't happen Beckham is just using Canes fans for his political circus but you keep ignoring that truth.

Last edited:
Advertisement
In all my histories on message boards, I've never seen anyone so **** up threads on one single topic, by being an overbearing, misinformed, idiotic *******, as I have with 7451 and the stadium issue.

He literally comes in within hours of any new stadium thread, ***** himself and proceeds to drool down the front of his shirt. If he didn't turn his rep off, he'd be so far in the red it'd be ridiculous.

7n7 if you can't debate my points keep being the underwear model's favorite cheerleader to bring soccer to Miami. I care what is best for the Miami Hurricanes and that is making the most money for UM's Athletics. I don't care about the skyline view of Biscayne Bay at a football game. I just want to win football games and that takes money. Beckham is using Canes fans for his political circus and never had any intentions of using his money to build a stadium to UM's requirements.

Keep dreaming your underwear model will build a 40K stadium since Beckham would love to put the Canes football program out of business since they are direct competition for the SoFl sports $$$ with overlapping seasons.

You're not smart enough to debate much of anything. We've been there, done that with other threads. You just rehash the same misinformation over and over again. If you do quote an actual fact, you put it forth in a sea of confirmation bias.

And once your your argument is eventually stripped bare, you resort to attacking soccer or David Beckham (whom I think you have a certain...em...homoerotismo for, based on your fixation on his modeling). If you actually want to debate, turn your rep back on and appear once in awhile in a thread about something other than the stadium issue. Until then, you'll get treated like a low-IQ troll-er and/or a concessionaire at Sun Life.

In all my histories on message boards, I've never seen anyone so **** up threads on one single topic, by being an overbearing, misinformed, idiotic *******, as I have with 7451 and the stadium issue.

He literally comes in within hours of any new stadium thread, ***** himself and proceeds to drool down the front of his shirt. If he didn't turn his rep off, he'd be so far in the red it'd be ridiculous.

7n7 if you can't debate my points keep being the underwear model's favorite cheerleader to bring soccer to Miami. I care what is best for the Miami Hurricanes and that is making the most money for UM's Athletics. I don't care about the skyline view of Biscayne Bay at a football game. I just want to win football games and that takes money. Beckham is using Canes fans for his political circus and never had any intentions of using his money to build a stadium to UM's requirements.

Keep dreaming your underwear model will build a 40K stadium since Beckham would love to put the Canes football program out of business since they are direct competition for the SoFl sports $$$ with overlapping seasons.

You're not smart enough to debate much of anything. We've been there, done that with other threads. You just rehash the same misinformation over and over again. If you do quote an actual fact, you put it forth in a sea of confirmation bias.

And once your your argument is eventually stripped bare, you resort to attacking soccer or David Beckham (whom I think you have a certain...em...homoerotismo for, based on your fixation on his modeling). If you actually want to debate, turn your rep back on and appear once in awhile in a thread about something other than the stadium issue. Until then, you'll get treated like a low-IQ troll-er and/or a concessionaire at Sun Life.

Keep being underwear models #1 cheerleader and thinking he will love you back. Beckman doesn't care anything about UM and won't spend one penny of his money to make his stadium meet UM's requirements. You soccer fans are just going to have to find some place other than Canes fans message board to try to help you support Beckham that doesn't care a flip about UM.

Last edited:
They should have used the ******* land where they ultimately put the Museum. That was a perfect piece of land for a landmark stadium.

University of Miami will make a lot less money in a tiny 40K stadium when we sell about 50K tickets per game

I've tried to explain this to you once, but you refuse to learn. Of that 50,000, over half are either free or sold at rock bottom prices, like $140 for an entire season. We have to sell them at low prices at SLS because the supply ridiculously outweighs demand. If we have a 40K stadium, every seat commands a premium. Season tickets will sell out. How you still don't get this is anyone's guess. You might be the only guy on earth who defends the idea of having a football game with 35,000 empty seats and absolutely no atmosphere.

I don't agree with your bogus opinion and you ignore we get a major amount of money from parking fees even with the people in the cheap seats. UM won't get any parking revenue at Beckham's tiny stadium. With 40K seats about 10K go to either students that pay $62 a year in student fees and the rest of that 10K goes to the visiting team under NCAA rules. UM can't make money selling only 30K seats it is a down size the business plan. Where are we going to be when the ACC allows students to get stipend that is not far off?

We already sell on average of 50K tickets per game now and have sold more than 40K since the 1999 season. If you were at the gator game we had major atmosphere at SLS. The Competition is what drives ticket sales in this town not some stadium that have a view of Biscayne Bay as it only improvement over where we play now. Having a skyline view isn't going to make our atmosphere better at Canes games in the Beckham's soccer stadium that would make UM the laughing stock of the nation being 2nd chair to a girlman sports of kick ball.

Keep dreaming Beckham cares enough about UM to build a stadium that meets UM's needs since it is never going to happen. Stop letting that underwear model use you as his political ploy since he is never going to share his stadium with UM. It won't happen Beckham is just using Canes fans for his political circus but you keep ignoring that truth.

away teams get 5k per game. The students average about 5-6k per game over the season. They show up for 9-10k for UF or FSU games, but 2k for Wake, Duke and BC.

Advertisement
They would no doubt play FSU and similar caliber games at Sunlife stadium. I dont see that being a problem. I think it would help to have a tighter crowd at games like Duke and WF at 12 noon. Dont know much about **** but I dont see why the attack on Beckham.....UM would no doubt have to contribute to the cost meaning the stadium would have be built to accommodate UM. As for the soccer competition. Bullshhh those hispanics and europeans dont go to UM games anyway. Most are not from Miami and dont even understand Football muchless watch it. Make the UM game into an attraction can only help imo.

2.jpeg

Advertisement
Back