Mayes working on being an EE

-Says “A good three weeks ago, I felt like it was the best decision to graduate early,” “I know it’s going to be very hard when I first come in but I’ll have time to get adjusted. I can work on my craft more and by the time the fall comes, I should be ready to play. I’ll be used to the schedule, the classes, and that’s what’s good about being there early.”
-Says to get to UM by jan 8 “keep making good grades and complete virtual school.”
-Says “Coach Barrow and Coach Williams came to my house, it was the night I decided to come early,” “They let me know that I could always ask if I ever had any questions. I liked when they asked me how everything was going and they just wanted to make sure we were all set.”
-Says “The visit was awesome, like every day was a highlight,” “I chilled with some of the players which was very good. I enjoyed the environment and my family was very comfortable with everything. I’m ready to go now, I’m excited to be a part of the team.”
-plans to major in business says “They gave me an academic presentation and I learned if I need any help, they have tutors who will be there for me,” “They said my schedule will be packed pretty tight so I have to stay on point to do well in school and on the field.”
- won’t be able to participate in the spring season but he has been running track at school to stay busy since football season ended
-Says “I’ve been running track at school, lifting weights, and working out,” “I’m training with my teammates so I can stay in shape. I’m improving my stamina and I enjoy trying to become a faster runner.”

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/DB-Ryan-Mayes-Set-to-Arrive-in-January-166669

Advertisement
Good kid. Hope he can do real well for us.

With all the "Mayes will leave if JC commits" talk, I'm glad to hear this kid is working on being an EE.

Yep, look like he is locked in. Not many ships left, and many names still on the board. People need to get comfortable that the class is almost maxed out.

-Says “A good three weeks ago, I felt like it was the best decision to graduate early,” “I know it’s going to be very hard when I first come in but I’ll have time to get adjusted. I can work on my craft more and by the time the fall comes, I should be ready to play. I’ll be used to the schedule, the classes, and that’s what’s good about being there early.”
-Says to get to UM by jan 8 “keep making good grades and complete virtual school.”
-Says “Coach Barrow and Coach Williams came to my house, it was the night I decided to come early,” “They let me know that I could always ask if I ever had any questions. I liked when they asked me how everything was going and they just wanted to make sure we were all set.”
-Says “The visit was awesome, like every day was a highlight,” “I chilled with some of the players which was very good. I enjoyed the environment and my family was very comfortable with everything. I’m ready to go now, I’m excited to be a part of the team.”
-plans to major in business says “They gave me an academic presentation and I learned if I need any help, they have tutors who will be there for me,” “They said my schedule will be packed pretty tight so I have to stay on point to do well in school and on the field.”
- won’t be able to participate in the spring season but he has been running track at school to stay busy since football season ended
-Says “I’ve been running track at school, lifting weights, and working out,” “I’m training with my teammates so I can stay in shape. I’m improving my stamina and I enjoy trying to become a faster runner.”

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/DB-Ryan-Mayes-Set-to-Arrive-in-January-166669

Why can't he participate in the spring?

Kid will have a UTough and a spring game under his belt. some say he will be another larry hope but i dont see it

Advertisement

for his high school not UM

Was wondering the same exact thing.

mayes will probably be in meaning larry hope will transfer. i think at least.

139.jpg

Advertisement
Good kid. Hope he can do real well for us.

With all the "Mayes will leave if JC commits" talk, I'm glad to hear this kid is working on being an EE.

Just like Cory Johnson/Kentucky. This is the type of kid former coaches have brought in and won NC's with, great he is an EE, AL and staff trying to get some extra room for the NSD guys with schollies. That is a good sign!

larry hope is transferring b/c mayes is in??
where do you people come up with this stuff?

Advertisement
If he is admitted to UM but not allowed to participate in spring it sounds like he may be a Special Admissions for students with special needs. If so I am glad UM is finally using this loop whole to the NCAA / UM standards. Bama has been loading up on kids doing this for years, which is how they can admit darn near anybody.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4781264

Kudo's to AG and staff if this is the case, we need to get these S. Fla kids that need the help admitted to UM in the past UM has used it for kids like RB Frank Gore.
http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_college_hurricanes/2006/02/testing_trouble.html

Go Canes!

for his high school not UM

Pretty sure he meant this ^^

Not that he can't participate in Spring at UM

Advertisement
Either this kid is gonna be Mike Rumph or Kacy Rodgers. Boom or bust. I wasnt that impressed with him this year. Call me crazy. I just dont see it with him.

If he is admitted to UM but not allowed to participate in spring it sounds like he may be a Special Admissions for students with special needs. If so I am glad UM is finally using this loop whole to the NCAA / UM standards. Bama has been loading up on kids doing this for years, which is how they can admit darn near anybody.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4781264

Kudo's to AG and staff if this is the case, we need to get these S. Fla kids that need the help admitted to UM in the past UM has used it for kids like RB Frank Gore.
http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_college_hurricanes/2006/02/testing_trouble.html

Go Canes!

lolololololololol......man WTF are you talking about :rollcanes:

Advertisement
Back