Maybe the team is starting to get the resiliency message?

LatinCane

Sophomore
As bad as that game at UVA was, UM pulled out the victory. Defense stopped UVA in the Red Zone three times in the 2H. They also pulled it out in OT.

Cristobal has been hammering them about being resilient, not giving up. I know we are not a great team but we won a game that there were plenty instances they could have lost. I know UVA is terrible but we didn’t lose to them, something that has occurred a lot this season. Maybe the message is starting to get through that they need to keep fighting to the end.

Last edited:
Advertisement
As bad as that game at UVA was, UM pulled out the victory. Defense stopped UVA in the Red Zone three times in the 2H. They also pulled it out in OT.

Cristobal has been hammering them about being resilient, not giving up. I know we are not a great team but we won a game that there were plenty instances they could have lost. I know UVA is terrible but we didn’t lose to them, something that has occurred a lot this season. Maybe the message is starting to get through they we need to keep fighting to the end.

I doubt it. You’ll end up on the right side of a couple bad wins when you’re playing teams that are also bad.

Let’s put together a strong finish to the season not a 14-12 OT win against an equally bad football team before we start finding the positives.

Advertisement
Think Again Tonight Show GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Cristobal has been hammering them about being resilient, not giving up. I know we are not a great team but we won a game that there were plenty instances they could have lost. I know UVA is terrible but we didn’t lose to them, something that has occurred a lot this season. Maybe the message is starting to get through they we need to keep fighting to the end.
Don't do it, man. Hope will drive a man insane.

The short answer is no.

UVA is a lousy team. We are also a bad team. When two bad teams play one another someone has to lose. We happened to win. If played 10 times over it probably goes 5-5.

If any corner is being turned, it's that we still haven't discovered how genuinely awful this entire team and staff are yet.

honestly we didnt win this game
UVA lost it and gave it to us
if that UVA player does not drop a wide open TD pass that was placed right into his hands we lose that game

Advertisement
The explanation is as follows. Duke can move the ball and score. That was a difficult game with the offense performing the way it did because it required the offense to score 30+ and the kids knew that wasn't feasible. However, UVA can't move the ball or score so there was still hope that a single offensive score might be enough.

That dropped TD wasn't in OT but carry on.
I apologize for my mistake, but I was genuinely drunk from too much Rum do to my frustration on what the **** I have been watching from them. I honestly thought we should be a 9-3 team, 8-4 at worst. This chit blows my mind, in my wildest dreams I would not have believed we'd be this bad.

honestly we didnt win this game
UVA lost it and gave it to us
if that UVA player does not drop a wide open TD pass that was placed right into his hands we lose that game
If we hadn't blown multiple opportunities, we would've won by 14+. Could've gone either way.

Advertisement
Yes, that resiliency is better than the quit we saw against MTSU and Duke. But it's just a basic foundational attitude that should be expected as a given for any relatively serious athlete down to little kid levels. It's not some huge accomplishment and isn't a solution to most of what's wrong with us right now. We need dramatic coaching changes on offense.

I have to remind myself so often (and always fail, but that's on me) that very, very few people on this board have any earthly idea what they're talking about in any capacity.
Not to mention this board is littered with - arguably - some of the most miserable human beings on the planet. Even when we win, the sentiment is that we actually should've lost so lets just pretend we lost.

Advertisement
The way we came out against Duke, I thought we would blow them out. Then we came out second half and took control of the game. That showed plenty resilience.

What has killed us is errors.

If we hadn't blown multiple opportunities, we would've won by 14+. Could've gone either way.
but it looked like UVA screwed up more than miami did
they had a wide open TD pass they dropped
and they still had WR running past and away from our DBs
just lucky that BA is trash and couldnt capitalize

the one throw J travis is good at is the deep ball
and man it may turn ugly against FSU

but it looked like UVA screwed up more than miami did
they had a wide open TD pass they dropped
and they still had WR running past and away from our DBs
just lucky that BA is trash and couldnt capitalize

the one throw J travis is good at is the deep ball
and man it may turn ugly against FSU
There are three games in recent memory that turned ugly in this rivalry. FSU (2010), FSU (2013), and Us (2020). We had a dumpster fire 6-7 2014 team that was a dropped Berrios pass away from beating Jameis and the #3 team in the country.

More often than not, the slate is whipped clean with this game. FSU is the better team and should win. However, the same was said about us going into their matchup last year.

Advertisement
Back