"Maybe the best DL class in program history"

Advertisement
I respectfully disagree with the conclusion that our DT recruiting sucks.It appears to me that we lost these last two 5 star DT's because they wanted to stay home and that on pure merit alone, we beat the competition. Could anyone have pulled them other than their home state schools? Truth of the matter is Mario et al. have us competing for 5 stars a season after a losing record. We seem to be doing pretty **** well at DE. IMHO we are one winning season from doing the same at DT.

I did see a post above who suggested that poerhaps we were shooting too high at DT having lost these 2 and Shemar Stewart last year. It appears to me that we were in until the very end on all of them and I hope we continue to go for the very best.
2nd place in recruiting means nothing when the ink dries. Are we getting kids on campus we wouldn't have in the past? No doubt but closing them is what matters and we aren't in that position

I respectfully disagree with the conclusion that our DT recruiting sucks.It appears to me that we lost these last two 5 star DT's because they wanted to stay home and that on pure merit alone, we beat the competition. Could anyone have pulled them other than their home state schools? Truth of the matter is Mario et al. have us competing for 5 stars a season after a losing record. We seem to be doing pretty **** well at DE. IMHO we are one winning season from doing the same at DT.

I did see a post above who suggested that poerhaps we were shooting too high at DT having lost these 2 and Shemar Stewart last year. It appears to me that we were in until the very end on all of them and I hope we continue to go for the very best.
Sounds like a participation trophy to me. Unless they're Miami Hurricanes. They're L's.

2nd place in recruiting means nothing when the ink dries. Are we getting kids on campus we wouldn't have in the past? No doubt but closing them is what matters and we aren't in that position
at the end, I expect Mario to close a guy or two we aren't expecting regardless of the results of the season. I dont know if hes gonna get the elite guys to change their minds. flips dont happen all tht much and the recruiting timeline is more pushed up.

Advertisement
What Happened Cordell Walker GIF by Sony Pictures Television

Advertisement
Not tonight 🙌 huge win against a major program. Mario must be doing something in this built correctly because the kids never quit.
Mario tried his best to hand it away again tonight. We'll discuss that tomorrow.

But tonight, you're **** right I'm going to enjoy this. F^CK CLEMSON and F^CK DABO. Way to bounce back.

Advertisement
Mario tried his best to hand it away again tonight. We'll discuss that tomorrow.

But tonight, you're **** right I'm going to enjoy this. F^CK CLEMSON and F^CK DABO. Way to bounce back.
He did what he has to do to win. If Williams threw a pick and we lost everyone would be screaming Mario is stupid. I agree let’s celebrate bout to wake my wife up for 3 minutes of pleasure and then watch sports center 😂

so armondo Blount is reclassifying, likely will be a 5 star (high 4 star)

we have

DT
Armondo Blount - ? not sure, was 5* in '25, might be a high 4*, low 5* for '24
Artavius Jones - #25 DT (4*)
Daylen Russell - #120 DT (3* with offers from FSU, Louisville, WV, UCF)
Jamil Burroughs - Transfer from Alabama (was looking at meaningful snaps this year if not chance to start)

Edge
Marquise Lightfoot - #5 edge (4*)
Booker Pickett Jr - #16 edge (4*)
Elias Rudolph - #24 edge (4*)

-1 of only 2 teams to have two edges in the top 20 composite (Kentucky is the other)

not the best class ever but certainly nothing to ***** and moan about

Last edited:
so armondo Blount is reclassifying, likely will be a 5 star (high 4 star)

we have

DT
Armondo Blount - ? not sure, was 5* in '25, might be a high 4*, low 5* for '24
Artavius Jones #30 DT
Jamil Burroughs - Transfer from Alabama (was looking at meaningful snaps this year if not chance to start)

Edge
Marquise Lightfoot - #6 edge
Booker Pickett Jr - #19 edge

-1 of only 2 teams to have two edges in the top 20 composite (Kentucky is the other)

not the best class ever but certainly nothing to ***** and moan about
Isn’t there smoke that Blount and jones end up elsewhere?

Advertisement
Isn’t there smoke that Blount and jones end up elsewhere?
I think If they leave then yeah criticism is fair but up until that point, not sure why anyone is acting like we don't have a solid class + Burroughs with almost 100% certainty we'll land a big one in the portal

I think If they leave then yeah criticism is fair but up until that point, not sure why anyone is acting like we don't have a solid class + Burroughs with almost 100% certainty we'll land a big one in the portal
...the funny thing is how ignored CB recruiting has been by the ***** and moaners. Like for some reason they've chosen to only focus the complaints on DLine, even though as things stand TODAY we have a good class....meanwhile CB today looks very bad, with basically all our hopes resting on flipping 1 guy committed to UGA. I mean if we succeed, it's excellent. But not sure how that is a better situation than us potentially flipping like any of the DTs we finished 2nd for....

Advertisement
Back