"Maybe the best DL class in program history"

And all along I was worried about CIS becoming like 247 where attacking slurpers and obvious trolls roam free with little interference. Meanwhile we were surreptitiously creeping up on Gary turning into another GruSport. Who’d have thunk it?

View attachment 253324

Lately we aren’t sneaking we’re in a full out sprint…😂

Advertisement
Lately we aren’t sneaking we’re in a full out sprint…😂
D$ doesn’t do what Gary does. Both websites probably have good and bad posters. We try to manage trouble. It isn’t easy but we do what we can. I’m not seeing how CIS is anything like Canesport… at all.

D$ doesn’t do what Gary does. Both websites probably have good and bad posters. We try to manage trouble. It isn’t easy but we do what we can. I’m not seeing how CIS is anything like Canesport… at all.

You guys do a great job of keeping things civil for the most part…CS is a dictatorship where if you pop any news or say something Gary or Matt don’t like they ban you

Advertisement
You guys do a great job of keeping things civil for the most part…CS is a dictatorship where if you pop any news or say something Gary or Matt don’t like they ban you
It’s tricky because you want honest opinions but not trolling, attacking or things said to the point that it’s something ruining threads and the board.

Just playin bro @ball915
I'm not.

Screen_Shot_2020-07-24_at_11.33.38_AM (1).jpg

🤷🏿‍♂️
You cool, tho @ball915

At the beginning of summer we heard that we might expect "the best DL class in program history" and "Jason Taylor could win Recruiter of the Year". Fast forward to the end of the summer and we've landed 1 DT and 2 DE's. Both DE's are legit and it's a position we have depth at having recruited well there the last 2 cycles (2021 - Moss/Kelly and 2022 - Bain, Wayne, Achemepong) and adding Lightfoot and Rudolph in 2023 is exactly how to stack talent at a position. Taylor missed out on Simmons and Stewart but we were able to shoot our shot there because we had depth and two committed. DT is nothing less than an unmitigated disaster and fear Mario retaining Big Joe is going to hurt bad in the short and long term. Jones is a good commitment and Horton last year is too but other than that he's been the Achilles Heel on our staff on and off the field. All we hear from the practice reports is how our run defense is the concern which falls under his umbrella and his **** poor recruiting speaks for itself. We are slated to lose Taylor, JHH, Deen, Gore, Lichtenstein leaving us with Horton, Moten, Jones and Campbell as every down DT's (Bain can slide in occasionally).

Not only is he missing out on talent at the position but the numbers are equally as concerning from a depth perspective. There were 3 positions we HAD to nail this cycle in WR, S and DT with 2 of them being addressed well. Our entire roster has made significant upgrades under Mario at every position with the exception of DT (would say QB too but am super high on Emory Williams). We are all for Mario and Joe going after elite DT's but it feels like we focused on the ones in the highest demand with not much of a backup plan. Everyone else on our staff is pulling their weight except for Big Joe meaning its not a Miami, NIL or record issue. It's him and in August we are in need of a miracle to salvage the class because you can have all of the nice pieces (which we are getting) but if you don't have the interior DL it won't matter. Can only hope a couple of solid wins help change this and Friday can't come soon enough

Your first mistake was listening to all of the hacks posing as insiders.

Advertisement
At the beginning of summer we heard that we might expect "the best DL class in program history" and "Jason Taylor could win Recruiter of the Year". Fast forward to the end of the summer and we've landed 1 DT and 2 DE's. Both DE's are legit and it's a position we have depth at having recruited well there the last 2 cycles (2021 - Moss/Kelly and 2022 - Bain, Wayne, Achemepong) and adding Lightfoot and Rudolph in 2023 is exactly how to stack talent at a position. Taylor missed out on Simmons and Stewart but we were able to shoot our shot there because we had depth and two committed. DT is nothing less than an unmitigated disaster and fear Mario retaining Big Joe is going to hurt bad in the short and long term. Jones is a good commitment and Horton last year is too but other than that he's been the Achilles Heel on our staff on and off the field. All we hear from the practice reports is how our run defense is the concern which falls under his umbrella and his **** poor recruiting speaks for itself. We are slated to lose Taylor, JHH, Deen, Gore, Lichtenstein leaving us with Horton, Moten, Jones and Campbell as every down DT's (Bain can slide in occasionally).

Not only is he missing out on talent at the position but the numbers are equally as concerning from a depth perspective. There were 3 positions we HAD to nail this cycle in WR, S and DT with 2 of them being addressed well. Our entire roster has made significant upgrades under Mario at every position with the exception of DT (would say QB too but am super high on Emory Williams). We are all for Mario and Joe going after elite DT's but it feels like we focused on the ones in the highest demand with not much of a backup plan. Everyone else on our staff is pulling their weight except for Big Joe meaning its not a Miami, NIL or record issue. It's him and in August we are in need of a miracle to salvage the class because you can have all of the nice pieces (which we are getting) but if you don't have the interior DL it won't matter. Can only hope a couple of solid wins help change this and Friday can't come soon enough

Yep - UM football is dead.

We need a hockey team. All they gotta do is - skate. And run into each other. With a stick. While missing their front teeth. Gold or otherwise.

OR - we can wait until final signing day and do an up-to-date whining and moaning session. We can all coordinate our Pity Parties.

Ever notice how some folks - every time they leave the toilet - it's stopped up and full of . . . well - even then, they weren't finished.

This aint over with till the fat b@tch sings. Sit back n relax. The man knows what's going on.

Advertisement

It's not over. We still have ways to go. Winning on the field will lead to potential flips. The portal exists in case you forgot about that option as well.

Advertisement
I respectfully disagree with the conclusion that our DT recruiting sucks.It appears to me that we lost these last two 5 star DT's because they wanted to stay home and that on pure merit alone, we beat the competition. Could anyone have pulled them other than their home state schools? Truth of the matter is Mario et al. have us competing for 5 stars a season after a losing record. We seem to be doing pretty **** well at DE. IMHO we are one winning season from doing the same at DT.

I did see a post above who suggested that poerhaps we were shooting too high at DT having lost these 2 and Shemar Stewart last year. It appears to me that we were in until the very end on all of them and I hope we continue to go for the very best.

I respectfully disagree with the conclusion that our DT recruiting sucks.It appears to me that we lost these last two 5 star DT's because they wanted to stay home and that on pure merit alone, we beat the competition. Could anyone have pulled them other than their home state schools? Truth of the matter is Mario et al. have us competing for 5 stars a season after a losing record. We seem to be doing pretty **** well at DE. IMHO we are one winning season from doing the same at DT.

I did see a post above who suggested that poerhaps we were shooting too high at DT having lost these 2 and Shemar Stewart last year. It appears to me that we were in until the very end on all of them and I hope we continue to go for the very best.
...and to be in it until the very end after the crap seasons this team has put together the past couple of years, the full rebuild happening, and the change in coaches. Mario is doing a great job.

we may lose Jones (insiders say highly likely).

recruiting is closing. last season was on Mario. he closed well last year and the year before. lets see if he can close this year. coming in 2nd or 3rd is just failing in a results based game

Just curious but have you looked at the DT depth chart for next season. You might want to go ahead and do that…

Advertisement
Back