Maybe…just maybe… Gattis isn’t the (only) source of our wr problem…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Applecane

Recruit
Premium
Maybe WRs aren’t in love with our QBs. Other than the improved O line, why come here?
TVD looked shaky at times. Garcia looked lost. Our 3d string guy can’t pass at all.
Sure, an imaginative OC would definitely help and I hope we find one.
But would an elite wr looking for big nfl money want these guys throwing to him for the next few years?

Advertisement
Here We Go Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Advertisement
Maybe WRs aren’t in love with our QBs. Other than the improved O line, why come here?
TVD looked shaky at times. Garcia looked lost. Our 3d string guy can’t pass at all.
But would an elite wr looking for big nfl money want these guys throwing to him for the next few years?
Well Cristobal dont seem to think so. They woulda got someone in the portal i think

Just so you know, I have nominated this post as poRst of the year for the annual CIS awards for 2023.

🙂

Advertisement
In the right Offense, I would say yes.

If I’m a big time WR, there’s not enough NIL money you could pay me to play in the Gattless Offense.

But, hire a legit OC who actually understands how to utilize WR’s & regardless of who the QB is I’d be interested in playing in that scheme because I know I’m gonna get the ball.

You don’t have to actually be that skilled/good of QB in the college game in order to be productive.

Take a look at guys like Michael Penix Jr (giggity), Max Duggan, Bo Nix etc, their numbers were pedestrian until they got with OC’s who aren’t half retarded & then all of the sudden they started playing well above their means & putting up big time plays/stats.

You don’t need to be a NFL caliber player in order to succeed in college, it certainly helps & you’d rather have NFL talent than not, but it’s not impossible to have a productive offense & win a fair amount of ball games while simultaneously not being a top 5 draft pick type player.

Get a good OC in place, good WR’s & QB’s will come here; keep doing the same thing & well you know the rest...

Advertisement
Wr’s weren’t complaining about that when Lashley was making TVD and King look good.

Tennessee is a great example of what a system can do. Hyatt won the Biletnikoff this year after snapping for 67, 1200+, 15 Tuds. This is a kid who wasn’t even supposed to be the best WR on his team and had averaged 20 rec for 250 the last two years. He was a 6’0 160 lbs prospect rated barely in the top 200 as a prospect. The difference is that the Huepel system set him up to dominate and turned Hendon Hooker into a demi-god. It’s not hard to see the acute impact an OC has on formerly average players

Advertisement
This is tiring. For all the mopes, put all your moping in 1 thread. As examples, there are already theads already complaining about Gattis or kissing Dabo or Deion’s ***. Use one of those but STOP CREATING NEW THREADS TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THE SAME THING.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back