May the Cristobal purge begin....

Advertisement
I fully agree. Not taking a shot here…but, if we didn’t take Flagg, it would have been another guy with limitations. It’s not like we turned away a physical freak to get him. It was more that the recruiting and evaluation on the whole was bad. Do you prefer we don’t take anyone over him?
I wish it was as simple as that. We took TAC in the same class. A kid whose film showed a sideline to sideline LB who really got to the ball well. In the glimpses we have seen, he has flashed those things here. Basically it looks like maybe both kids are there film, but for some reason the more talented kid was buried and the kid who physically can't compete at this level is starting.

Advertisement
Sorry hater. He may never play another snap BUT Mario likes him. He’s values guys like him. But like I said he may never play again.
Maybe I'm, reading too much into it, but is he okay? I'd assume he'd transfer if he wouldn't play here.

I hope they all stay for the most part, but good luck to them if they do exit. Players that I believe could be on the transfer watch...

1. Gilbert Frierson
2. Dazlin Worsham
3. Zalonte Hillery
4. Sam Brooks
5. Jake Garcia or Peyton Machota
6. Maybe TAC
The ones I want to stay: Brooks, Garcia, and TAC.

I think Frierson sees the striker position eliminated and the crowded Safety depth chart and looks for another opportunity.

Advertisement
Sorry hater. He may never play another snap BUT Mario likes him. He’s values guys like him. But like I said he may never play again.

There are some guys that are just not high level P5 material. Flagg is a nice player. I like the kid, he has good instincts but physically, he's simply not what Mario is looking for. Assuming that's the case, I think there's always room on the roster for some of these guys for the purpose of depth, knowledge/teaching and lockeroom presence.

Mario’s not going to run off anyone, due to a perceived lack of athletic ability. He’s all about culture, commitment and excellence. The ones that leave, will do so on their own. They’ll leave because they’re not interested in buying into his philosophy or putting in the work required to compete. He would fight to keep the Jimmy Murphy’s. I wouldn’t make a transfers list based solely on what you saw between the lines. It’s a lot more about the locker room and how they choose to spend their time away from campus. The new staff will also help those that choose to leave find a home and continue their educations. This isn’t the evil empire. Mario is the guy you want coaching your kid. Let’s not sell him short. He’s taking his time to learn about each player, get to know them and address all concerns from both his and their sides. Exactly what you would want from your head coach. He’s tactical and patient. Faith
He isn’t living in an ivory tower

This! Not every player is going to be a 4 and 5 star all american type. You NEED guys who are depth fillers, are smart, can teach the younger/more talented kids, be a good lockeroom presence, etc. You have to have guys like this on the roster and I'm sure Mario always has a place for these kinds of kids.

We got 1 LB signed, and no ready to play transfers (yet). Flagg seems like a guy that will work, wether he has the physical traits of a Miami great doesn't really matter until we have guys that take his reps in the fold. Why on earth is anyone calling for him to be shown the door at this juncture?
Because he’s slow as dirt. Like plus 5 second 40 slow. If he wants to put on 50/75 pounds and play Dline then I’m all for keeping him if he can keep his current speed. Until then, he belongs at a group of five school with his measurable’s/speed and talent level.

Advertisement
Id really like to see what a healthy Brooks can do, also TAC is still intriguing to me...

As for Garcia, I hope he stays, bottom line
I agree. I hope they stay. Especially Garcia. TAC’s father will be a play in his transfer. Much like Lingard was. Cristobal is going big up front, and I do think Brooks can play there, but I just think others will play ahead of him which he won’t be cool with.

Advertisement
There are some guys that are just not high level P5 material. Flagg is a nice player. I like the kid, he has good instincts but physically, he's simply not what Mario is looking for. Assuming that's the case, I think there's always room on the roster for some of these guys for the purpose of depth, knowledge/teaching and lockeroom presence.
He’s not what Mario is looking for in a starter. Sure. We can agree. He values everything else Corey can bring to a position group as a depth guy. There are a lot of kids on a roster.. only 22 starters

Ivey ain’t going nowhere. He knows his abilities so I doubt he thinks he can do better else where.
I think he goes where he’ll play. Pope went to Jackson State. There are many schools on many levels of the football hierarchy.

Honestly speaking. Name 2 LBs on the roster currently that’s better than Flagg hands down.
Keontra, TAC, and chase. I’ve watched film on all of them and it’s not even close. Flag is a group of five talent at best. The other three are power five talents with the ability “with correct coaching and development” to play on sundays. Flag wants to stay to be depth and special teams, awesome! But that’s it, he’ll never see the field with meaningful snaps again at LB under Mario. I agree with one point of some on here, every team needs a good locker room guy/ gym rat hard worker, idk of flag is that guy or not but if he is, then he’s earned his scholarship and I hope he stays. If not, then it’s best for both parties he moves on.

Advertisement
Back