May the Cristobal purge begin....

Advertisement
call me Mr Jonestown!!
We had no one in this class. He kept everyone he wanted, added Kelly and Skinner and now we’re looking at more. And in no time. We had no one. I know we were hoping for some of these portal kids who chose other places but I have a feeling he’s going to pull multiple rabbits out of hats with the Class of 22 and the portal.

I won’t be celebrating kids leaving. I appreciate that they signed and came to Miami and I wish them well. But **** if it isn’t a new day now, I might as well find a new hobby.

I hope they all stay for the most part, but good luck to them if they do exit. Players that I believe could be on the transfer watch...

1. Gilbert Frierson
2. Dazlin Worsham
3. Zalonte Hillery
4. Sam Brooks
5. Jake Garcia or Peyton Machota
6. Maybe TAC

We had no one in this class. He kept everyone he wanted, added Kelly and Skinner and now we’re looking at more. And in no time. We had no one. I know we were hoping for some of these portal kids who chose other places but I have a feeling he’s going to pull multiple rabbits out of hats with the Class of 22 and the portal.

I won’t be celebrating kids leaving. I appreciate that they signed and came to Miami and I wish them well. But **** if it isn’t a new day now, I might as well find a new hobby.

I reserve the right to be realistically optimistic. This will take some time, but I know seeing this process will be much more enjoyable to see than another year of Diaz

Advertisement
He has to weed out current freshman and Sophs that will not play here to create class symmetry. We currently have the following
10 seniors (Stevenson will basically be a senior)
8 juniors
30 sophs (some will leave early like TVD)
18 redshirt freshman
9 freshman with others being added next signing period
76 total

Can’t sign a big 2023 class without adding more seniors through the portal. Probably add 5-6 more 1 year portal guys.

I hope they all stay for the most part, but good luck to them if they do exit. Players that I believe could be on the transfer watch...

1. Gilbert Frierson
2. Dazlin Worsham
3. Zalonte Hillery
4. Sam Brooks
6. Maybe TAC
Ivey???

Nesta! Talkin all that crib talk.. it's post everywhere about How were tryna get better on the Dline instead of coming back being a leader dude bounces smh kinda messed up if you ask me! We needed you bruh all good tho we still got JHH I think he's gonna ball out this year!!
Its messed up he did what he thinks is best for him?

1. Gilbert Frierson
2. Dazlin Worsham
3. Zalonte Hillery
4. Sam Brooks
6. Maybe TAC

Id really like to see what a healthy Brooks can do, also TAC is still intriguing to me...

As for Garcia, I hope he stays, bottom line

Advertisement
I never liked the Flagg take but I always said no matter how much I rip a dude they are more of a cane than I will ever be. I mean they played for the team I didn't so. But that is the coaches fault....we shouldn't as message board fans have better evals than the coaches. U know the program is in bad shape when me a couch fan has better evals than the HC. That's what made me fuqin angry and the fans made me angry cause they said he was great. So most of my anger went on those bafoons arguing about this topic that he wasn't a UM caliber linebacker.
100%.

Players on the team not talented enough by Mario-Miami standards aren’t necessarily weak. They’re just not good enough.

Now, if the player won’t or can’t put in the work to compete for a roster spot, that’s another matter.

A few days ago we all read that Mario and staff had met with each player and assigned them specific goals to improve conditioning over the summer. I have to believe that this was a litmus test to see who wanted to play here and who wouldn't put forth the effort and self-select themselves out

Last edited:

1. Gilbert Frierson
2. Dazlin Worsham
3. Zalonte Hillery
4. Sam Brooks
6. Maybe TAC
Only Garcia would bother me even a little bit. Can’t say I’d miss TAC because he hasn’t played enough. Brooks has flashed a bit but in general been a let down.

Advertisement
I’m going to guess you weren’t alive in the 80s or early 90s. If you were and still have that attitude, I’m not sure what to say.

Do you think Michael Irvin or the Blades brothers or Russell Maryland or the countless all time greats in program history were handed things on a silver platter?

If you don’t want to work and be great, move the eff on.
None of them took it for granted. Maryland wasnt a highly recruited player, Irvin lost his father. They all had tough adversity to fight through.

Mario’s not going to run off anyone, due to a perceived lack of athletic ability. He’s all about culture, commitment and excellence. The ones that leave, will do so on their own. They’ll leave because they’re not interested in buying into his philosophy or putting in the work required to compete. He would fight to keep the Jimmy Murphy’s. I wouldn’t make a transfers list based solely on what you saw between the lines. It’s a lot more about the locker room and how they choose to spend their time away from campus. The new staff will also help those that choose to leave find a home and continue their educations. This isn’t the evil empire. Mario is the guy you want coaching your kid. Let’s not sell him short. He’s taking his time to learn about each player, get to know them and address all concerns from both his and their sides. Exactly what you would want from your head coach. He’s tactical and patient. Faith
He isn’t living in an ivory tower

Last edited:
Advertisement

1. Gilbert Frierson
2. Dazlin Worsham
3. Zalonte Hillery
4. Sam Brooks
6. Maybe TAC
I’d say these guys were on transfer watch before we changed coaches. Gil had already been talked out of transferring once. Garcia is a backup QB on a team with an entrenched starter. The others are Jags who weren’t playing under Manny and likely won’t play under Mario either.

Advertisement
Back