May open 2021 season against Alabama

Bull

Recruit
From an Alabama website:

For the first time in nearly three decades, it appears the University of Alabama will once again square off against the Miami Hurricanes.

Alabama is in negotiations with Miami to play in the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game in 2021 in the Mercedes Benz Stadium in Atlanta, The Tuscaloosa News has learned.

The two teams last met in the 1993 Sugar Bowl to conclude the 1992 season when No. 2 Alabama handed No. 1 Miami a 34-13 defeat to win the national championship. The win halted a 29-game Miami winning streak and gave the Crimson Tide its 12th national championship and first since 1979.

Future games

It was reported Tuesday that Ole Miss will play Louisville in a second Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game in 2021. The Crimson Tide opens the 2017 season in the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game on Sept. 2 against Florida State. UA is also scheduled to open the season in Atlanta in 2019 against Duke.

Reach Aaron Suttles at aaron@tidesports.com or at 205-722-0229.

Advertisement
Advertisement
For some reason I thought we already had one lined up with them in 2019

LSU in '18....UF in '19... Alabama in '21....is Richt maybe about to make a statement at the expense of the almighty SEC??

Advertisement
I think we're trying to schedule Auburn for 2020

Plus we have home and homes with Mich St for 2020-21. So the people who wanted a tougher OOC schedule are definitely getting their wish.

Plus we have home and homes with Mich St for 2020-21. So the people who wanted a tougher OOC schedule are definitely getting their wish.

Playing tougher schedules only helps our chances at making the playoffs if we lose a game or possibly two. College Football is changing. One loss teams with an easy schedule won't get in unless their lucky.

Advertisement
Hopefully Saban's still around so we can stomp his b^tchass and that $*** university into the ground

Advertisement

We have Texas A&M down for 2022 and 2023 too.

We have Texas A&M down for 2022 and 2023 too.

I'd like to see us schedule some West Coast schools again like Washington. I think a UM vs. USC match up would set TV viewing records. I don't think we've played them since like the 60's.

Advertisement
Back