May enrollee update: Corey Gaynor

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
IMG_3989.jpg

CanesInSight has been checking in with 2017 signees as they prepare to enroll at Miami in the coming months. I caught up with offensive lineman Corey Gaynor earlier this week on the CanesInSight podcast presented by CanesWear.

***​

Corey Gaynor received a Miami offer later in the process than most, but he nearly flipped from his Minnesota commitment on the spot. It did not take long for the rugged offensive lineman to ultimately make the switch, though – Gaynor took a moment to reflect on his recruitment.

“I got to look back at my recruiting process and I’m just completely and utterly blessed for Miami to give me the opportunity and I’m very excited to be a Hurricane in 19 days. It’s a lifelong dream and I’m ready to give Miami my everything,” Gaynor said.

Gaynor commented on the buzz surrounding the program right now.

“It’s exciting because the more, the better,” he said. “We are building something great here and I think everybody’s starting to feel Mark Richt around the country.”

The Stoneman Douglas high school product says he’s “just been lifting weights really hard and just been getting after it”. He added that he has been following the workout sheet that Miami strength and conditioning coach Gus Felder gave him. Canes offensive line coach Stacy Searels set 290 as the weight Gaynor should try to enter UM at – he is currently at 286.

He also had the opportunity to catch multiple Canes spring practices.

“It’s sweet – the energy is insane and I love how it’s like a game when they scrimmage each other and the coaches go back and forth. It just gives me chills,” Gaynor said. “I’m itching to get out there and I would have put on just a helmet and competed with those guys.”

Perhaps the highlight of the interview was when I asked Gaynor’s to describe himself on the field. His response was sincere.

“I only have one word to describe myself – and that’s nasty,” he said. “I play the game of football to physically dominate you and make sure you do not want to play anymore.”

Gaynor’s message to Miami fans as he gets ready to start his collegiate career:

“I’m just gonna work as hard as I can, and I’m gonna stay out of trouble, and I’m gonna play some **** football.”

[HUDL]video/3/3779911/5721be699a90ec554081c433[/HUDL]

You can listen to Gaynor's full interview below starting at the 52:20 mark.

[SOUNDCLOUD]321030126[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Last edited:
Advertisement
“I play the game of football to physically dominate you and make sure you do not want to play anymore.”

Lawd have mercy, where have you been my entire life?

“I play the game of football to physically dominate you and make sure you do not want to play anymore.”

tenor-1.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
This is the ole school cane our OL needs....his nastiness will be contageous

I'll repeat, never felt chills b4 over an OL film. Never got excited b4 over an OL film....that's until I saw C.G's film. He always, and I mean, always looked to finish a play. He always looked to impose his will. He's the kind of guy where if someone cheap shot his QB, please believe he's going to try to end his career on the next play.

To play OL, u have to be a little crazy, and a lot of nasty. He's going to be an absolute phenomenal addition to our OL. One of the most underrated signees we had. If he plays like this at the next level, and I'm not just saying this b/c he's a Cane, but he has 1st round written all over him.

Looking forward to the competition around Green Tree. Add in the type of mentality the 18 kids will bring (I'm looking at you Nasty Nes) and our practices are going to feel like rivalry games. 16' the Foundation , 17' The Support Beams, 18' The Walls, 19' Empire complete. I'm sticking to that.

Advertisement
Kid is violent.. doesn't just pancake you, but drives over you with a steam roller to ensure your as flat as possible...then backs up over you again lol

Advertisement
He's going to push Gauthier and Linder for snaps. Won't be ready for the big time interior DTs like Donaldson is. But I have no concern if we need to call him in for snaps in 7, 8, 9 of our games this year. He'll perform well above his pay grade.

Kid is violent.. doesn't just pancake you, but drives over you with a steam roller to ensure your as flat as possible...then backs up over you again lol

...then rams a couple digits up your *** and spits in your face for good measure.

Advertisement
Back