May 22 at Louisville, I'm so confused (OK I see, 22 =21 Go Canes)

The kid is definitely special. He has a better freshman fielding than Stephen Perez, Brandon Lopez (it’s pretty close, but Lopez was good too), and Zamora.
He’s more advanced than those guys. Idk that he’s the athlete Zamora was. But I remember when he cracked the starting lineup second weekend I said he was Brandon Lopez in the sense that he would rely on the glove and I believed his bat would develop like Lopez as he got older.

Advertisement
Man.. of all the terrible takes on this site, this one is special.
Kid is easily the best fielding ss here in 20 years. +Fielder with a ++arm. I’m not saying he’s Ozzie Smith, but anyone that has watched this team all year should find it hard to complain about Pitelli’s defense.
Ryan Jackson is the best defensive shortstop Miami has had in 2 decades and I don’t think it’s close. It’s easy to forget how good he was bc he played on loaded teams. He was elite.

Ryan Jackson is the best defensive shortstop Miami has had in 2 decades and I don’t think it’s close. It’s easy to forget how good he was bc he played on loaded teams. He was elite.
I wanted to look up Jackson’s fielding percentage as a freshman too, but that data apparently didn’t make the cut in last summer’s “upgrade” of the school athletic website.

I wanted to look up Jackson’s fielding percentage as a freshman too, but that data apparently didn’t make the cut in last summer’s “upgrade” of the school athletic website.
I can’t remember much from his freshman year but I know if we’re talking totality, he is far and away number one. He was the best defensive shortstop in the country his sophomore and junior year. Soft hands and a plus arm. I was shocked he never found a home in the bigs. His bat really failed him.

Well... you thought wrong. ;) I’ll gladly split this hair with you though.

Jackson was very good. Definitely the best in my memory... until this year. I think he grew into that elite 8-10 error/year guy his junior year. Pitelli has 8 this year (fewer games/chances, admittedly), his hands are just as good, has a better arm and (based solely on TV) seems like a more fluid athlete.

Advertisement
But they will. When the scouts give him high scores, some CANE fans will disagree and say they know better because they watched him for 3 years and posted on this site every game!!! Lol, very good defensive player!!
You’re a super weird cat man.
11C0928B-8C11-47EF-813D-12AC0E7E0215.jpeg

Re: Pitelli, I think people forget how many errors even good fielding college SS make. It's an incredibly difficult position to play cleanly at. Pitelli has done remarkably well there for a true frosh. By his junior year he might end up being the best fielding SS in the whole country. Hopefully his bat can continue to develop like someone such as Brandon Lopez. Morales and Pitelli should be a special left side of the infield in 2022 and 2023
Exactly, guess what Canes fans, 3b and Ss lead most every team in errors!!!

Poor guy, admit when the hole is too deep! Smarter than the scouts heres Allaboutme95!!
Stats don’t lie. looking forward to the day where a scout says the best receiver in draft leads the country in drops. Or the best shooter in the draft shoots 35% from the floor and 78% from the line

Advertisement
Well... you thought wrong. ;) I’ll gladly split this hair with you though.

Jackson was very good. Definitely the best in my memory... until this year. I think he grew into that elite 8-10 error/year guy his junior year. Pitelli has 8 this year (fewer games/chances, admittedly), his hands are just as good, has a better arm and (based solely on TV) seems like a more fluid athlete.
I guess we’ll see how good Pitelli becomes. And this isn’t slander from me. I was Pitelli’s biggest fan on this board after seeing him play one game at UF. I said he’s too good defensively to let his bat keep him out of the lineup.

But don’t let recent bias get you. Jackson was elite with a better arm. He was the best defensive shortstop in his league all the way through the minors too. He was special.

And he improved batting average from 236 freshman year to 360 sophomore year. He was a great one!!

I guess we’ll see how good Pitelli becomes. And this isn’t slander from me. I was Pitelli’s biggest fan on this board after seeing him play one game at UF. I said he’s too good defensively to let his bat keep him out of the lineup.

But don’t let recent bias get you. Jackson was elite with a better arm. He was the best defensive shortstop in his league all the way through the minors too. He was special.
Jackson was a really good ss, Pitelli is better. Especially at their respective developmental stages. There’s no shame in saying it and it’s not recency bias. And, per myself and a couple other guys that played with/against Jackson, Pitelli’s arm, today, is better than Ryan’s ever was. Maybe we’re getting fooled by tv.

Advertisement
Back