May 1 at Georgia Tech 1pm ACCNX

Advertisement
The Clemson-UL score today is ridiculous.

18-15, Louisville sweeps, needed Clemson to take at least one from them, but they have a hard schedule left at least.

They finish @Wake, @VT, UVA at home.

Advertisement
RPI is back up to 14th. Our past opponents have been decidedly unhelpful today.
Southern Miss and the OK State/Texas winner may still jump is back depending on other results. It would be very helpful if Duke beat High Point in their second game today.

Not to beat a dead horse, but we’d be 5th without the Stetson loss.

Dallas Baptist RPI still makes no sense, lost 2 of 3 to the 186 ranked team and only lost 3 spots.

Their NC RPI is clearly carrying way too much weight.
I think they’re in the position we were the last two weeks, where it wasn’t hurting our RPI yet from a positional standpoint, but we were blowing our cushion.

Advertisement
FWIW, Warren Nolan thinks a 3-3 split with ND and FSU plus an OOC loss to ND State leaves us 11th in the RPI. I do think 3-3 in the ACC should be enough to comfortably secure a host if we take care of business OOC. I’m not sure I buy it, but it also thinks 20 wins is enough to win the ACC. I’m thinking 21 is probably the magic number to shoot for.

FWIW, Warren Nolan thinks a 3-3 split with ND and FSU plus an OOC loss to ND State leaves us 11th in the RPI. I do think 3-3 in the ACC should be enough to comfortably secure a host if we take care of business OOC. I’m not sure I buy it, but it also thinks 20 wins is enough to win the ACC. I’m thinking 21 is probably the magic number to shoot for.
Ya, let's go 4 - 2 and sweep NDST. If that doesn't get us top 8, then the system is flawed. One mid-week loss to a bad team should be a toss as an outlier in a 55 game schedule.

Advertisement
ACC RPIs*
5 Virginia Tech
7 Notre Dame
12 Florida State
15 Miami
18 Georgia Tech
20 Virginia
24 Louisville
25 NC State
28 Wake Forest
29 Clemson
38 North Carolina
54 Pittsburgh
98 Duke
105 Boston College

*Duke is resuming against High Point and may cause some movement

ACC Standings
1 Miami (2 series left)
2 Louisville -1.5 (3 series left)
3 Virginia Tech -2.0 (2 series left)
4 Notre Dame -2.5 (2 series left)
5 Virginia -3.0 (2 series left)
6 NC State -4.0 (3 series left)
7 Florida State -4.5 (3 series left)

Can we avoid the sweep to FSU? Right now, gotta be thinking somehow preserve a Regionql hosting

Advertisement
Given how the schedules shake out, I think if we can win the FSU series, that ND series will be for the conference crown.

Given how the schedules shake out, I think if we can win the FSU series, that ND series will be for the conference crown.
Very possible - if we could win both series 2 - 1, VT would have to run the table their last 6 to be .014 pts higher than our winning percentage.

Very possible - if we could win both series 2 - 1, VT would have to run the table their last 6 to be .014 pts higher than our winning percentage.
Louisville goes to VT in two weeks, so that series will go a long ways to determining as well.

Louisville goes to VT in two weeks, so that series will go a long ways to determining as well.
Ya, they are 1/2 game ahead of VT right now but have 9 ACC games left w 6 on the road and UVA at home. They'd have to go 7 - 2 to tie us if we go 4 - 2.

Advertisement
Back