Maurice Smith Alabama DB transfer

His parents are setting a bad example for the kid. The SEC and every school have a rule that you cannot transfer within your own conference. Saban made it clear in their first meeting. That should have been the end of story but to add to it, the kid wants to go to a school where the former D-Coordinator went? Gimme a break, there is not a coach in the country that would allow this to happen.

Rules are rules are rules.... I just dont get it. You wonder why we have such an issue in the US in general.

Would love for him to end up here but this is getting ridiculous. The family needs to do what is in the kids best interest and get enrolled somewhere!

Advertisement
Although I hope he ends up at Miami, I want to see this kid light it up next year and end up in the NFL. That would be hilarious to throw right back in Saban's face.

Won't matter to Saban. He's stocked that secondary with 4 and 5 star players where guys like SBB have to transfer out. In fact, Saban had him for his entire collegiate career. He could sell that he'll still get you to the NFL, even if you play sparingly. That would be a great look for him.

These clowns think they are going to break the SEC.

Dumb motherfckers gonna keep digging those heels and fcking around, and he'll wind up missing his senior season. I don't know if he has a RS season available, but if he's that intent on eating Kirby Dumb's azzh0le, then he should use his RS year and sit out this year then play for UGA next year.

Advertisement
She aint a neurologist working on Mike Webster!

Time is about to get away from him wherever he ends up. If there wasn't a sliver of potential pie in it for Miami, Id say **** em all. But would still take as he fills a need!

I assume that there is a deadline to apply to UM grad school, does anyone know when that is?

Nobody looks good in this.

Not Saban.

Not the school.

Not the conference.

Not the kid.

Not his mamma.

Everybody looks awful.

I assume that there is a deadline to apply to UM grad school, does anyone know when that is?

I am sure there is exceptions but if it were me, I would make a decision and be on someones campus by Wednesday. Dude is missing out on practice and cant afford to miss much more.

Dude should already be enrolled and practicing. Could have taken Saturday off for his graduation and or not attend.

Advertisement
The more this drags out the more I didn't want him here. No wonder it took 5 years for him too see the field. He has major maturity issues and now I see the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree. Georgia is NOT bound for any championships this year. Is Kirby Smart really that great of a guy?

I smell some Sandusky behavior going on..... You only go this hard when ya puzzay whipped.

Not Saban.

Not the school.

Not the conference.

Not the kid.

Not his mamma.

Everybody looks awful.

The kid and mom look awful. Saban and Bama are holding true to the letter of the rule. Smith is not the first player to be restricted from transferring to an inter-conference rival, and he certainly won't be the last. He's trying to change the rule and put public pressure on Saban. Problem with that is that is if there was ever a coach that could get away with cold murder - Saban would be the guy.

Advertisement

Not Saban.

Not the school.

Not the conference.

Not the kid.

Not his mamma.

Everybody looks awful.

The kid and mom look awful. Saban and Bama are holding true to the letter of the rule. Smith is not the first player to be restricted from transferring to an inter-conference rival, and he certainly won't be the last. He's trying to change the rule and put public pressure on Saban. Problem with that is that is if there was ever a coach that could get away with cold murder - Saban would be the guy.

Exactly.Saban is right in this case as much as I hate to say it.This kid and his mother have to follow the rules just like everyone else has to,period.

Whats crazy is all this hubub over a dude that sat the bench for 3 years and got outplayed by a true freshman that wasnt eveb an early enrollee... I could careless about this dude I guarantee any school he goes to he wont even start....but but but but he rode the bench for Bammy he has to be good..LOL

Advertisement
At this point, the kid is only hurting himself. 3 weeks until the season starts and its his last year of eligibility. Sounds like he needs to either suck it up and pick a school now or just declare to sit out a year and go to UGA next season.

With a mom that annoying i can see why there is no father figure around.

images.jpg

Even if he has a redshirt available, he would have to pay his own way to whatever school he goes to this year, unless he takes the year off from school all together. If you're not released from your scholarship to a school, you can't get one from that school that season. He's really only ******** himself here.

And by the way, if Georgia was where he's heart is at, why wasn't it his first choice of schools to transfer to in the first place? His own mom said that he wanted to transfer to Baylor to be closer to home, before everything happened there and Briles was fired. They're trying to play the victims here like Saban is stopping him from getting the education he wants. Smith's decision has absolutely nothing to do with school and everything to do with football, which is exactly what the NCAA was trying to stop when they made the transfer rules to begin with (according to the NCAA anyway).

Should he be free to go anywhere he wants since he graduated already? Yes. But that's not the rule and they ain't changing it right now just to help one kid out. There were a bunch of kids all over the country who graduated from one school and transferred to another this summer. They all had restrictions on where they could go. What the **** makes Maurice Smith so special that he shouldn't have to do the same?

Advertisement
Back