Maurice Smith Alabama DB transfer

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
To add to what is out there about Smith, I've been told that Miami is the likely destination for him at this point. Would be a massive get for the Canes for obvious reasons. Smith was slated to start for Alabama at nickel this upcoming season and has played safety as well.

He graduated in 3 years and is eligible to play this year. I can confirm that Miami has been in contact with him and he has indicated that the Canes are his favorite. No timetable on when this would become official, but there should be more on this within the next few days.

Advertisement
In a matter of 24hrs it's gone from having no idea to where we stand to it being a likelihood that he ends up here.

Hoping that's right, for depth reasons, if nothing else. Although the expectation is he starts/or gets a lot of playing time I would guess.

Welp that would put an end to the corner back depth problem. Really only need to be two deep at corner and with Elder, Redwine, Colbert and Smith that would be perfect. If Smith comes I see him starting opposite elder

Advertisement
How good is this guy? Why did leave 'bama? Pushed out because of skill or personally decided to leave that wretched place?

To add to what is out there about Smith, I've been told that Miami is the likely destination for him at this point. Would be a massive get for the Canes for obvious reasons. Smith was slated to start for Alabama at nickel this upcoming season and has played safety as well.

He graduated in 3 years and is eligible to play this year. I can confirm that Miami has been in contact with him and he has indicated that the Canes are his favorite. No timetable on when this would become official, but there should be more on this within the next few days.

Hey Pete, if that part is true how come he is leaving Bama?

Advertisement
Great to see we're getting transfers from Bama and Texas instead of Mike Williams from Wake Forrest

How good is this guy? Why did leave 'bama? Pushed out because of skill or personally decided to leave that wretched place?

Man did u read the article? Slated to start at nickel for Bama. Who knows why he left he probably wants a bigger role and Bama's always loaded at DB

probably wants to start at boundary and we would be the best place to do it at especially since Adrian Colbert hasn't played CB since freshman year at UT

this is probably how it's gonna look

CB 1: Elder, Redwine, Jackson

CB 2: Smith, Colbert, Henley

Nickel: Malek, Ced, and Elder ( if the best WR is in the slot )

Last edited:

probably wants to start at boundary and we would be the best place to do it at especially since Adrian Colbert hasn't played CB since freshman year at UT

this is probably how it's gonna look

CB 1: Elder, Redwine, Jackson

CB 2: Smith, Colbert, Henley

Nickel: Malek, Ced, and Elder ( if the best WR is in the slot )

Yep they say Fitzpatrick passed him up and he ain't like that.

Advertisement
I find it interesting too that Bama fans are upset about the fact he's leaving. And from what I understand, their staff was reluctant to let him go because he was expected to contribute.

If he's graduated can't he go to another program and play the next year without restriction? As long as he's enrolled in graduate school?

I find it interesting too that Bama fans are upset about the fact he's leaving. And from what I understand, their staff was reluctant to let him go because he was expected to contribute.

i work with a bama fan connected to the program, I'll ask him tomorrow when i report for shift

Advertisement
If he's graduated can't he go to another program and play the next year without restriction? As long as he's enrolled in graduate school?

Yes. But I'm saying that Alabama tried talking him into staying. It wasn't just a thing where they signed the papers and sent him on his way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back