Maurice Hagens

Miller looks hurt and is just dancing around in the backfield. Like to see more of Clements and Hagans. And "Smash" can go tell jokes on the sidelines. That kid only played good on his mom's birthday (VT). Hopefully we schedule FSU on her birthday next year.

Attachments

• CMR.jpg
    CMR.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 10,352
Advertisement
Secret weapon vs. FSU. The entire course of our program over the next 3 years rides on that game. We have saved EVERYTHING for the showdown. It's why we were able to run the ball against 8-man fronts @ VTech, and then lose two games at home because we can't convert short yardage.

(We need a sarcasm emoticon)

it did help that VTs best DT had just gotten injured.

Attachments

• BPo.jpg
    BPo.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 7,555
Anybody have theories why we haven't used him in short yardage this year?

Not sure but it's frustrating. Are they worried about ball security possibly. Anyway you look at it, we have been terrible in short yardage this year which is inexcusable with the size of our OL.

Is it possible that Hagens is hurt?

I think I read in an article in the Sun Sentinel that he has a broken wrist or something like that (which he suffered in the GT game I think), and is wearing a cast.

Attachments

• TheWork.jpg
    TheWork.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 16,689
Advertisement
I think I read in an article in the Sun Sentinel that he has a broken wrist or something like that (which he suffered in the GT game I think), and is wearing a cast.

He wasn't getting the carries before that though. I would like to see us run to the left more with SH as an extra blocker next to BW.

Attachments

• IMG_4232.jpg
    IMG_4232.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 7,004
  • IMG_4236.jpg
    IMG_4236.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 1,040
I don't agree with that Eduardo can be a great back he's a much more polished runner.
He has ability mike James if a hole isn't their for him play over. Not enough speed to bounce outside
Runs to timid for what he is which is a north and south runner at best. Put him at FB get some mismatches
For a few years and move on to the next guy

Hagens is 5 for 5 converting this year in short yardage situations.

Ranging from 1 to 4 yards.

Facepalm.

I'm not sure about that. Last time we used him vs VTech he got stuffed for no gain.

I think he's a good option in short yardage but the run blocking in those situations concerns me a **** of a lot more. Not sure it matters who has the ball when the RB is blown up 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage.

I guess I'm not as down on MJ as most. He's only averaging 7 carries a game. I realize the fumbles early in the season and the lack of production in short yardage situations, but in most instances he was getting hit the second he got handed the ball. The run blocking is more of an issue in short yardage than the RB we have in there, imo.

I think Hagens can be a weapon for this offense. In short yardage for sure, but also in the play action game.

Advertisement
Mike James is a nice utility back, but not much more...I think everyone can agree to that.

OK blocker. OK receiver. OK rusher. He's the jack-of-all-trades, master of none. Sometimes, you have to use what you have, and I mean, if Mike James is your best short yardage back, I'm not sure you are in a good position in the run game on short yardage situations. OL has had a lot to do with it, but James hasn't exactly helped himself either.
ehh, i actually think he is going to make the NFL.

Advertisement
Advertisement
What kind of weirdo is bumping 9 year old threads? 9 years?! Put that man in a padded cell.
Is this guy related to Hagens and wants to see this sh**.?........give me a break...
Totally agree with your outrage on a garbage post even back then.
What the fu** does Hagens have to do with our 2020 Canes?...........Nothing...........garbage....garbage....garbage...

Idk what's worse. A guy bumping a thread from 2011 or responding to a guy who hasn't posted here for 7 years. Please tell me your weren't sober when you posted @rccollins

meh.. just thought it was funny, that is all. Didn't realize so many people around here would get offended by it. ha. carry on

Advertisement
Back