Matthew Thomas planning an official visit to Miami.

Best player in the state.

Yep. Collins ain't far behind. And we'll get them both.

Dalvin Cook has something to say about that. IMO

Agreed, Franchise. Not sure if you were yet around for my obsessive Alex Collins threads.

Pete, don't think Dalvin is up by their level yet. Luckily, he's got an entire spring, summer and fall to show us he's worthy of being mentioned alongside these talents.

Advertisement
There's a special place in my heart for Dalvin Cook...he's just a shiny toy when you think about it

There's other guys who would more than qualify to back up Duke, but I bet if you asked Fisch, he wants Cook lol

Last edited:
Best player in the state.

Yep. Collins ain't far behind. And we'll get them both.

Dalvin Cook has something to say about that. IMO

Agreed, Franchise. Not sure if you were yet around for my obsessive Alex Collins threads.

Pete, don't think Dalvin is up by their level yet. Luckily, he's got an entire spring, summer and fall to show us he's worthy of being mentioned alongside these talents.

Didn't see any of those, Lu, but I've been all over Collins all year. He's the best back in the country right now if you ax me (and even if you don't ax me he still is). He's absolutely critical to this class, as he'll make the perfect complement to Duke. Imagine that 1-2 punch and then go punch an old lady in the face in a fit of delirium.

15.gif

Advertisement
Kids say this a lot, until they understand just what an official visit actually means.

Advertisement
Don't sleep on Bama! They may be dark horse in this race. I am not even worried about FSU in this one.

Don't sleep on Bama! They may be dark horse in this race. I am not even worried about FSU in this one.

For about a year or so now I have thought:

Stays in state = Miami

OOS = Bama

Still not positive but it seems like staying home is more likely but I agree that Bama is a darkhorse.

This is going to be a roller coaster for two more months. Right now I feel really good about our standing with these guys. Golden has preached staff continuity, and we are starting to understand why this is so important. I am really excited to see how this class finishes, but let's not get too high or too low on this team based on the decision making process of 18 year olds.

I have complete faith in Golden as a coach, recruiter, and CEO. Closing out with Thomas, Coley, Collins, Hooks, Grace, and Kirkland is an incredible opportunity.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back