Matthew Dame

NorthFlaCane

Senior
SB Nation Recruiting ‏@SBNRecruiting 8m

#Canes RT @EricKresser: QB Matthew Dame just got an offer from MIAMI HURRICANES. Keep up the good work!

Advertisement
Interesting. I wonder how big his father is? The kid will grow or put on more weight by the time he gets to the U.

Looks like he throws well on the run and under pressure, maybe dictated by the weak OL? Accuracy looks good, love to see an entire game film against a good opponent.

Advertisement
Seems like SoFla is developing its fair share of solid QBs. OL and QBs have been on the come up in recent years. We truly have almost every position at our disposal down here.

I know Matt pretty well. He's a great kid, who's tall and lanky who's a hard worker.

He doesn't have much talent around him at Suncoast, but he's well coached....

Advertisement
Seems like SoFla is developing its fair share of solid QBs. OL and QBs have been on the come up in recent years. We truly have almost every position at our disposal down here.

Interesting comment....back in the day ('80's) south Florida almost never produced a QB that could play for Miami, usually a pro-style passer was the kind we needed. There was also a dearth of good OLs. Usually, the best OLs were the white ethnic kids who were up north, either the midwest or places like Pennsylvania. We could never recruit those kids. They went to Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Notre Dame and Michigan State. Now there are more good black kids playing OL, and more in south Florida--a lot more. I'm amazed at the number of good UM-type QBs in the lower half of the state. Getting a starting QB from Florida, like Craig Erickson, almost never happened. He was the exception--instead we went up north or out west for guys like Testaverde, Kosar, Torretta, and Walsh.

Interesting comment....back in the day ('80's) south Florida almost never produced a QB that could play for Miami, usually a pro-style passer was the kind we needed. There was also a dearth of good OLs. Usually, the best OLs were the white ethnic kids who were up north, either the midwest or places like Pennsylvania. We could never recruit those kids. They went to Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Notre Dame and Michigan State. Now there are more good black kids playing OL, and more in south Florida--a lot more. I'm amazed at the number of good UM-type QBs in the lower half of the state. Getting a starting QB from Florida, like Craig Erickson, almost never happened. He was the exception--instead we went up north or out west for guys like Testaverde, Kosar, Torretta, and Walsh.

exactly

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back