Matt Rhule would be an excellent HC hire.

None of this matters because we've got Diaz until after next year. The two things we can hope and push for are replacing James and Enos.

Advertisement
You need to research just how bad it was at Baylor when he got there. He has basically rebuilt that program from rock bottom.
Seriously. To talk about how bad year 1 was for Rhuoe and not mention how the program was in death penalty territory is nuts. It's like harping on how Butch's first few years were bad without talking pell grant scandal.

Can you imagine the reaction if we followed one Temple coach with another one? It was like fans who didn't want Bridgewater because of Jacory
How many times we almost have gotten the "it" guy.

That Bridgewater **** fuqed us big time

Matt Rhule wouldn't come here and if he had one subpar season he probably wouldn't be appreciated here, due to this recent tweet:

Advertisement
Matt Rhule wouldn't come here and if he had one subpar season he probably wouldn't be appreciated here, due to this recent tweet:

Even before reading that Tweet I didn't want Rhule. I get a "corch" vibe from him despite the nice year he is having. Baylor has had some close calls this year (2 OT wins and a nail biter against a mediocre WVU team) and he blew a huge lead to lose the Oklahoma game. I would expect a regression next season. Remember, they were 7 - 6 last year.

Even before reading that Tweet I didn't want Rhule. I get a "corch" vibe from him despite the nice year he is having. Baylor has had some close calls this year (2 OT wins and a nail biter against a mediocre WVU team) and he blew a huge lead to lose the Oklahoma game. I would expect a regression next season. Remember, they were 7 - 6 last year.

People don't understand how one team can come together in one year, and it doesn't necessarily mean the guy is a great coach. See Texas Tech in 2008. They were a 5-loss team in the ten years before that, and they've been a 5-loss team in the ten years after that. But people think Leach is a genius because they went 11-2 one time.

Imagine a prospective coach looking at our schedule and seeing the biggest obstacle is a road game OOC against Michigan St?

Rhule isn’t reporting to Jake Blames and Strawley there is no way in **** that is happening. If you cleaned house perhaps he would listen but don’t count on this happening either.

If you are a BOT member that cares anything at all about winning you gauge interest of a a guy like Rhule or Campbell taking the job on the condition Blames and Strawley are “reassigned”.

If you totally fumigate the place it’s possible (not probable) that you could get interest from a big name coach. However this would require a total tear down from top to bottom. This is the lowest this program has ever been and it just keeps getting worse.
Amen, these 2 are clueless on what it takes to build a program. CMD was a lazy hire and i think if he fails , Blake gets canned as well. scary thought BOT appoints Strawely as a diversity hire ! with H.Bass as head of BOT stranger things have happened

Advertisement
If it isnt PJ Fleck I dont want them. Sorry, Rhule looks good too but PJ made Minnesota win 10 games. Minnesota

Let's face facts. Baylor might be a better job than Miami. Actually, it probably is.

And the real fact, WTF wants to work under flake james, he's toast, the fact that he has failed at hiring, got lucky with coach richt and phucked that by getting on coach richt's nerves, so coach rict told flake to F.O. and GTFOH. Had he left coach richt alone this program would've have been more stable, but add in the fact he got ole jimmy l flailing away with the basketball program, nothing special over their happening. Coaches are looking at who the A.D. is, and flake has no clout!

Advertisement
It's really impressive that the CIS board can somehow not like Rhule. Considering he's the number 1 college target for NFL teams this off-season again...well, you know. There are some truly brilliant posters here.

Miami aside, Rhule would never leave Baylor for UM—as Baylor has become a more premier program over the past decade.

Between the millions that alumni have pumped into that program, to what Art Briles went on to build—winning the Big XII back-to-back years in 2013-2014—while the Canes have won one Coastal Division in 16 tries?

I love all this "turnaround" talk with the Rhule narrative. Briles went 32-7 over his final three seasons, before Jim Grobe served as a one-year place holder, going 7-6 before Rhule was hired.

Dude goes 1-11 out the gate and 7-6 this year—despite taking over a program in much better shape (as there was zero real fallout from the sexual abuse scandal)—and finally turned it around year three .... but these same people clamoring for him around here want to run Diaz off after 7-6?

You don't get it both ways; you can't **** on a Miami program that was 7-9 the past 16 games before Diaz showed up, but then praise some fake-*** Baylor turnaround when Rhule went 1-11—with losses to Liberty and UTSA—with a program that Briles was running at a high level literally two years before he showed up.
If Miami plays UCF in a bowl Manny isn't winning that 7th game. Rhule is 10x the coach Handy Manny will ever be. Miami is 0-2 the past 2 games with losses to FIU & Duke. Team is trending down, not up. Typically there is improvement the first year, Manny regressed and the team played poorly after a bye week. He just sux and firing coordinators seldom works when the HC is chit.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back