Matt Porter on Big O Show

Someone please explain to me how the BBB crowd can dismiss Mullen with the "if he was so good, someone would have hired him away from Miss State" shot, while they still clamor for a guy who's been out of work for 5 years ...

Advertisement
Someone please explain to me how the BBB crowd can dismiss Mullen with the "if he was so good, someone would have hired him away from Miss State" shot, while they still clamor for a guy who's been out of work for 5 years ...

My opinion is that he is not clamoring for any head coaching position. If he wanted a job at a mid-level program then I'm confident he would be coaching. But he'd rather be a commentator than take one of those jobs.

Rather, he realizes his biggest mistake was leaving UM when we were on the cusp of greatness, and this is the opportunity to correct the error.

I don't have any insight. Just my interpretation

I will be happy if Butch is the choice but I won't be very disappointed with Mullen, Richt, Paterson, et al. It depends. These aren't exactly apples and oranges unless you're promoting a fricken position coach, that is.

My opinion is that he is not clamoring for any head coaching position. If he wanted a job at a mid-level program then I'm confident he would be coaching. But he'd rather be a commentator than take one of those jobs.

Rather, he realizes his biggest mistake was leaving UM when we were on the cusp of greatness, and this is the opportunity to correct the error.

It's one thing for Butch to pass on FIU or USF ...

But Texas, Florida, Southern Cal, Arkansas, UGA, and South Carolina are all major programs. Butch didn't ask for any of those jobs, nor was he linked to them.

If Mullen gets knocked because Foley didn't come calling, why doesn't the same apply to Butch??

Mullen should be priority 1.

There are reasons Richt, Butch, and Schiano are readily available.

Mario Cristobal would do himself a HUGE favor to go get that Memphis job. They'll pay him $1.5MM, and he can build on what Fuente started. It's a better program than FIU.

If Mullen had that record at Georgia he would have been available last year.

Its not apple to apples.. not sure why everyone thinks success at Miami is completely dependent on one stat.

Advertisement

Jeez.... unfounded and total BS!

Because they are completely delusional.

Basic economics guys... There is a large supply of coaches out there that grade out as well as Butch does.

His age, his history and his performance at UNC are all contributing factors.

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

He asked for a reason, and I clearly qualified it as purely opinion.

But Texas, Florida, Southern Cal, Arkansas, UGA, and South Carolina are all major programs. Butch didn't ask for any of those jobs, nor was he linked to them.

If Mullen gets knocked because Foley didn't come calling, why doesn't the same apply to Butch??

What's so damned difficult to understand?

Butch doesn't want a coaching job!

He only wants to go back into coaching if it's at Miami.

Hate him if you wish, but don't be intentionally dense to manifest your dislike!

Advertisement

You're the one full of ****. Name a job Butch has put in for! Document it! Name just one!

Butch hasn't been putting his name out there for coaching job! Why you act so dense?

The ONE job he has interest in - is at UM, and tough ****y - looking good for him to get it.

Foley worked directly with Mullen. He knows the positives and negatives very, very well.

That said, I'm not hinging my concerns with Mullen on Foley not hiring him. I'm basing it on watching MSU for several seasons.

Mark Richt would be a terrific choice for head coach. Best record of any candidate mentioned. Plus of course he is Cane alumni who grew up in Boca.

Advertisement

The same can be said about Mullen WITH A JOB.

Advertisement
Back