Matt Porter on Big O Show

Notsince1985

Retired staff
Premium
Said, what we knew, Butch interviewed. Said he's pretty sure Schiano interviewed, but he never was able to confirm it. Said he thinks Mario will interview, but made it sound like it was a courtesy interview, and that he's not a serious candidate, and that just because he has all the support from high school coaches, doesn't mean he has other support. Said if Richt is interested, he'd be shocked if Miami isn't interested, and shocked if Miami doesn't interview Richt. He threw Mullen's name out there too as a possibility. He then said James and the board, etc. are running this as as tight, closed ship, and that people that were chatty 2 weeks ago are silent today, and that no one, not reporters, insiders, etc., really knows what is going on. He alluded to Barry Jackson saying Blake swore them to secrecy. That last part is aimed at all the so called insiders on here, by the way, and also all the idiots who latch on to every ******* who claims they know something because their uncle is banging James' manly wife.

Advertisement
Hate that we don't know anything but it's not a bad thing. Let the people work it out to get the best man for the job. Rumors tend to hurt more than help

Mullen should be priority 1.

There are reasons Richt, Butch, and Schiano are readily available.

Mario Cristobal would do himself a HUGE favor to go get that Memphis job. They'll pay him $1.5MM, and he can build on what Fuente started. It's a better program than FIU.

Mario Cristobal would do himself a HUGE favor to go get that Memphis job. They'll pay him $1.5MM, and he can build on what Fuente started. It's a better program than FIU.

I would not put Mullen ahead of Butch or Richt. That's just me though..

Advertisement
Let's give credit where credit is due...James is running a tight ship on the search. Color me surprised.

This doesn't mean he will make the right choice but it provides a modicum of hope.

I agree with everything except for Richt. Not all of Georgia is happy about that one.

Wow.... Just wow

I disagree on Memphis. They come off their best season ever, and mainly due to having the best quarterback in the nation. Whoever comes in is definitely taking a step back, after you lose the player that had put the team on his back

Advertisement

Wow.... Just wow

Wow, just wow what? You disagree? Like I said it was my opinion...

Why does nobody want Mullen?

Texas job opening...no Mullen.

South Carolina job opening...no mention of Mullen.

VT...no Mullen.

UVA...no Mullen.

He's on His 2nd interview with UM, and He's not even a frontrunner.

He's the ultimate "Meyer Tree" disciple, but everybody's either slow playin' em', or don't want em'...they want Herman before they want Mullen...simple question, WHY?!

Last edited:
Let's give credit where credit is due...James is running a tight ship on the search. Color me surprised.

This doesn't mean he will make the right choice but it provides a modicum of hope.

Yeah I'm surprised they are actually staying quiet.

VT...no Mullen.

UVA...no Mullen.

He's the ultimate "Meyer Tree" Disciple, but everybody's either slow playin' em', or don't want em'...they want Herman before they want Mullen...simple question, why?

He may or may not work. Right now with SEC resources for recruiting etc, bagmen, you name it, he's 54-35 with a losing conference record after 7 seasons. He receives a whole lot of hype with marginal results. What has he won? Once in 7 seasons he finished higher than 4th in the SEC west.

Advertisement

VT...no Mullen.

UVA...no Mullen.

He's the ultimate "Meyer Tree" disciple, but everybody's either slow playin' em', or don't want em'...they want Herman before they want Mullen...simple question, WHY?!

This^^^^^

I disagree on Memphis. They come off their best season ever, and mainly due to having the best quarterback in the nation. Whoever comes in is definitely taking a step back, after you lose the player that had put the team on his back

I get your point.

But if Cristobal wants to prove himself, he gets 3 seasons to do what Fuente did ... That's build that team back to a 10 win conference champ ... That's what Fuente did. And the program he took over was much worse than the program he is leaving.

Porter, doesn't know anything. He is basing it on things that he reads like the rest of us.

Advertisement

Word was Memphis was hiring Barry Odom, Missouri's DC, who was Funete's DC at Memphis before leaving for Missouri. He's also in the running for the Mizzou job.

Porter, doesn't know anything. He is basing it on things that he reads like the rest of us.

Stop it. He knows more than you, and us. He's not basing it on what he reads on here. He might not be the best beat writer out there, but these comments are dumb.

VT...no Mullen.

UVA...no Mullen.

I like Mullen as a candidate. With that said, I think you raise some valid questions. Why didn't Florida look Mullen's way during their coaching search a year ago

Advertisement
Back