Matt Porter Gone

I agree that he may not have been the program's most giant fan, but it did seem to me that he warmed to it more as time went on. And he had the ability to write a decent article, too.

In any event, when you go from covering a college team for the PB Post, to covering the Bruins for the Boston Globe, that is a major upgrade that I'm sure almost any sportswriter would take. Congratulations to him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm glad my Lightning could give him a head start on next season.

Enjoy the golf course, Matty cakes.

Advertisement
Palm Beach Post needs to pay Ariz and get him away from this third rate agent firm that he work for now. Mofos telling ninjas that they are day one and day two picks and end up as undrafted free agents

Barry Jackson remains the best reporter on the circuit.

Agreed. Now that Ariz moved on. Say what you want about unibrow1, he was good at acquiring information and keeping us close to the team. We really don't know ish these days about the squad.

Honestly, I actually thought he was a pretty good writer, and going from the Palm Beach Post to the Globe is big step for him.

dude wasn't thankful to have that job. And he was from Mass, so na. This dude can take his turncoat havin' *** back up there.

The pull of potentially getting licked by that rat Brad Marchand was too much of a pull for ol' Porter.

Btw, how jealous is The Feast? That fraud would sell out everyone and everything from Jupiter to Key West if he could get a job in godforsaken Bahhhhston.

This x 1000.

The Feast must be screaming inside that Mattyports can move up to the Globe while he’s stuck on Afternoon Drive on 790.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It would be nice if this fanbase understood that people working at real media outlets located in major metropolitan areas have a responsibility to at least not appear to be homers. If you expect South Florida media to blow smoke up your butt, then you are in the wrong media market. Remember, there are more FSU and UF alumni/fans in south Florida, than 'Canes, so they will try to play to those people a bit.

This isn't Tuscaloosa, where the school can bully and intimidate the media pool. Porter was a quality writer, and while he took risks, and the occasional ethical shortcut, it's tough to find beat writers like him, especially for what these print outlets are paying. Hopefully his replacement can be as good, if not better.

say what u want about SMD, but at least she has a real connection to UM vs the others (her kids or kid went to UM)

Who the F cares about "Having a connection to UM", when it comes to journalism? Give me well written, throughly researched, compelling articles, and I couldn't care less where you went to school.

Advertisement
Back