Matchup comparisons

1630506354284.png

Advertisement
Do I expect the canes to win no I don’t. But let’s rattle off some of the recent squads that have beaten bama in regular season (not many)

johnny football and Texas a&m
Auburn x amount of times
LSU during natty run
Mississippi state with Dak

am I missing anyone? Out of that list I would take our roster over every single one of those teams minus LSU. The spread is this large due to Miami not showing up to big games and manny Diaz being a mediocre head coach (right now). We have a chance to shock the world and at the very least shut the narrative up that we cant compete in big time games.

johnny football and Texas a&m - DUAL THREAT QB
Auburn x amount of times - DUAL THREAT QBs
LSU during natty run - PRO STYLE QB
Mississippi state with Dak - DUAL THREAT QB

Advertisement
That's what I noticed too, but while Burrow wasn't a "dual threat" the guy had some decent scrambling ability to extend plays. If King can improve on his down-field accuracy (and get rid of the WR drops), he could really make a difference.

Advertisement
Didnt Ole Miss beat them a few times too? And yes I agree, minus LSU roster, everyone else was not much better than ours. We should hang in this one until the end.
and those alabama teams weren't starting a qb for the first time ever on opening weekend, they all had established qb's

I don't think we win but I think it's not being a homer to say if someone said bama were to lose one game this year, the first one may be the most likely with all the changes

The size comparisons are fun but they mean jack ****.

Don't let the size similarities confuse you.
Our 6'4" 290lb players ain't like THEIR 6'4" 290lb players.

Lol the old what’s heavier a pound of feathers or a pound of lead

Cmon coach let’s be straight up they have more talent than us AND more depth. We’ve got some talented kids who will be suiting up for us too we just need a few lucky breaks to help even up the mismatch

That's what I noticed too, but while Burrow wasn't a "dual threat" the guy had some decent scrambling ability to extend plays. If King can improve on his down-field accuracy (and get rid of the WR drops), he could really make a difference.

And Rhett just said this...

1630514176447.png

Advertisement
I appreciate the work but I don't understand why people insist on comparing the same position groups.

Our OL isn't gonna block Bama's OL.

I want to see the comparison of our OL size/experience vs their DL size/experience. That's the comparison that matters.

I appreciate the work but I don't understand why people insist on comparing the same position groups.

Our OL isn't gonna block Bama's OL.

I want to see the comparison of our OL size/experience vs their DL size/experience. That's the comparison that matters.
This. I've always had the same thought.

this.

the game is won or lost based on matchups. .... both schematic and personnel. MOSTLY (90%) personnel.

they don't bring a scale to midfield at the coin toss.

Advertisement
What gets lost in all this depth chart stuff is how quickly things evolve once the season kicks off. These freshmen coming in are as elite as we've had at the Capstone. In 2017 in the 4th quarter and on the last play of the game against Georgia in OT, Bama had 6 true freshmen on the field on offense. Including Tua to DeVonta on the 2nd 26. Coach Saban is going to put these very young guys out there early and often.

Hope you stick around with the same enthusiasm after we beat bama saturday.

I think a QB who can throw is more important to beating them than dual threat. If King cannot get time to throw and is not accurate with atleast say 65% of his passes the running won't matter much. I don't care how many 5 stars Bama has, we can attack their secondary. But its predicated on us giving King time and King being accurate. When you back up the DBs with the threat of them getting beat then he will have room to run, if not...its Clemson all over

Advertisement
Back