Off-Topic Mass killings

Congrats media on both sides. You've done it again. You've got the public arguing about whether the killer was a conservative or a liberal. Was he a conservative who hated ****? Does the fact he or they or whatever was "non-binary" show he was a liberal? Or maybe he was a self-hating "non-binary" person? The fact of the matter is there are deranged people out there who commit mass murder and it's not monopolized by one ideological side or the other.

Of course, the focus should be on how we minimize the number of these events and the number of deaths that occur at each one. IMO we should be more concerned with why the red flag law didn't work. Why did another wack job with a history of mental health issues have legal access to firearms? But hey, why do that when we can be distracted over whether he is one of "us" or one of "them"?
U are correct that it shouldn’t matter, but guess why all this started? Liberal media loves to strike immediately on a gun shooting and strike a narrative, but like in this one talking about a hate crime.

If media didn’t jump to conclusions, then this never would have started. Unfortunately it’s all about ratings and gaslighting provides the ratings… so it was inevitable.

I’m sure u know this, but most of the division in this country is media driven

Advertisement
From your yahoo link…

In the lead-up to the midterms, Fox averaged 141 weekday violent crime segments per week from Labor Day through the Friday before the election. The two weeks prior to Election Day, those starting October 24 and October 31, featured the highest number of weekday violent crime segments of the period studied: 187 and 193 segments, respectively. That coverage dropped dramatically during the week of the election, which had just 71 weekday violent crime segments.​
Sure it dropped but now how do I find the ABC, NBC, CBS, MSDNC, CNN stats of their weekly coverage? I’d like to see how close they come to what this article considers a low number of 71 WEEKLY violent crime segments!

But yeah they will bump them up for midterms. Why not? It’s the only MSM channel that stumps for Rs versus around 10 or so that stump for Ds. And crime is a big issue… it didn’t stop at midterms, but makes sense it dropped down probably to their normal average during non election times.

Just like abortion coverage on liberal media. I’m guessing those have dropped significantly, but not sure they keep that stat anywhere. Most likely they just like to keep track of Fox to nit pic them. I took a look at that “media matters” site and its just littered with Fox News and conservative hit pieces

They should fix the name to Liberal Media Matters
The FG posts always get moved. No one ever hears about the weekly murders in Chicago on MSM.....so I show 6 links to stories on the subject from MSM over the past 6 months within 5 minutes of a google search. Now it's they should show just as many as Fox does after the election.

U are correct that it shouldn’t matter, but guess why all this started? Liberal media loves to strike immediately on a gun shooting and strike a narrative, but like in this one talking about a hate crime.

If media didn’t jump to conclusions, then this never would have started. Unfortunately it’s all about ratings and gaslighting provides the ratings… so it was inevitable.

And conservative media jumped on it with the Congressional softball shooter. They both engage in it. Look, it is the automatic reaction of both styles of media to first give the basics of the catastrophe while at the same time delving into the assailant's social media usage and views.

Like you said, it just stokes division and makes solutions harder to come by.

We are too dumb to draw our own conclusions from a news report. Thank God legacy media has abandoned journalism for opinion hit pieces instead. How would we ever know what is going on and how we are supposed to feel about those stories were it not for the media to gatekeep? One less worry to keep me up at night.

So I see there are competing narratives now

Option A: Killer was a right winger who hated LGBTQ

Option B: Killer was an LGBTQ that hated themselves.

Everyone seems to think these two options are diametrically opposed.

They are not. In fact, they stem from the same underlying problem.

Did it ever occur to anyone that the self hatred that some LGBTQ individuals feel is because the community is so widely demonized? Is it such a surprise that self hatred is such a problem since there are so many people telling them how evil they are?

The underlying cause of both of these scenarios is the result of the same hate. Regardless of how the killer identifies, they were still reflecting the same hateful attitudes towards the LGBTQ community. The only difference is whether they included themselves in that community or not.

I am sure the brain trust on this board will offer equal parts derision and hatred towards me. I don't care. The LGBTQ community doesn't deserve this kind of treatment from anyone so direct your scorn and anger at me instead.

Advertisement

Did it ever occur to anyone that the self hatred that some LGBTQ individuals feel is because the community is so widely demonized? Is it such a surprise that self hatred is such a problem since there are so many people telling them how evil they are?

The underlying cause of both of these scenarios is the result of the same hate. Regardless of how the killer identifies, they were still reflecting the same hateful attitudes towards the LGBTQ community. The only difference is whether they included themselves in that community or not.

I am sure the brain trust on this board will offer equal parts derision and hatred towards me. I don't care. The LGBTQ community doesn't deserve this kind of treatment from anyone so direct your scorn and anger at me instead.
You watch too much msnbc and young turks.

You should change your username to genzcane

Advertisement
Congrats media on both sides. You've done it again. You've got the public arguing about whether the killer was a conservative or a liberal. Was he a conservative who hated ****? Does the fact he or they or whatever was "non-binary" show he was a liberal? Or maybe he was a self-hating "non-binary" person? The fact of the matter is there are deranged people out there who commit mass murder and it's not monopolized by one ideological side or the other.

Of course, the focus should be on how we minimize the number of these events and the number of deaths that occur at each one. IMO we should be more concerned with why the red flag law didn't work. Why did another wack job with a history of mental health issues have legal access to firearms? But hey, why do that when we can be distracted over whether he is one of "us" or one of "them"?
Bingo!

The FG posts always get moved. No one ever hears about the weekly murders in Chicago on MSM.....so I show 6 links to stories on the subject from MSM over the past 6 months within 5 minutes of a google search. Now it's they should show just as many as Fox does after the election.
Yeah, but 6 links doesn't prove it's a major concern to liberal media... that was my point. Sure, you proved that it's more than zero. I'm happy it's being covered and was pleasantly surprised by some of the articles you linked. You definitely showed that they don't ignore it, and it was more than I expected.

My main point remains, that crime is covered by conservative media... but not so much by liberal media.

Isn't there a 3rd option, that the killer didn't hate LGBTQ+ at all and it was motivated by something else?

Why jump on the Hate part? Or was there proof that the killer said he hated LGBTQ+ people? I haven't followed it closely, so maybe I missed part of it... but all I saw was a quote that said this... "It has the trappings of a hate crime". That sounds exactly like the false narrative of the Hunter Biden laptop had "all the classic earmarks of Russian disinformation"

Isn't there a 3rd option, that the killer didn't hate LGBTQ+ at all and it was motivated by something else?

Why jump on the Hate part? Or was there proof that the killer said he hated LGBTQ+ people? I haven't followed it closely, so maybe I missed part of it... but all I saw was a quote that said this... "It has the trappings of a hate crime". That sounds exactly like the false narrative of the Hunter Biden laptop had "all the classic earmarks of Russian disinformation"

For me, the act of killing a group of people is hateful so by default I assume hate is involved somewhere in the mix.

Could he be just choosing a random group of people that just happened to be in a *** night club? I guess.

But the time and place sure seems to point to the fact that he targeted this particular group of people for what and where they were.

Unless it becomes known that he actually knew the victims and had a separate beef with them, it seems implausible to be anything else.

Besides, I was just reading the room and addressing the black and white opinions being expressed here.

Advertisement
For me, the act of killing a group of people is hateful so by default I assume hate is involved somewhere in the mix.

Could he be just choosing a random group of people that just happened to be in a *** night club? I guess.

But the time and place sure seems to point to the fact that he targeted this particular group of people for what and where they were.

Unless it becomes known that he actually knew the victims and had a separate beef with them, it seems implausible to be anything else.

Besides, I was just reading the room and addressing the black and white opinions being expressed here.
Like someone else said... watch something other than MSNBC and CNN.

This is the exact same thinking that led to liberal media calling the Atlanta shooting a hate crime the other year before all the facts come out. As I said to CaneInBroward... it's liberal media gaslighting and they do it to an extreme these days.

Like someone else said... watch something other than MSNBC and CNN.

This is the exact same thinking that led to liberal media calling the Atlanta shooting a hate crime the other year before all the facts come out. As I said to CaneInBroward... it's liberal media gaslighting and they do it to an extreme these days.

And like I said, I don't watch MSNBC or any other cable news.

I actually agree with you that no one should be jumping to conclusions until the facts get out. Even now, I am not saying that we know what happened. I am simply addressing the two arguments being offered on this board and pointing out that they are not as different as people think they are.

Maybe it is a third option (even if is against long odds). Even that wouldn't change the fact that there is too much hatred directed at LGBTQ. It would just mean that this wasn't an example of it.

Advertisement

The underlying cause is that some wacko decided to kill people. Blaming others for “*** hate“ as the cause is stupid and incorrect.

1669235722355.png

And like I said, I don't watch MSNBC or any other cable news.

I actually agree with you that no one should be jumping to conclusions until the facts get out. Even now, I am not saying that we know what happened. I am simply addressing the two arguments being offered on this board and pointing out that they are not as different as people think they are.

Maybe it is a third option (even if is against long odds). Even that wouldn't change the fact that there is too much hatred directed at LGBTQ. It would just mean that this wasn't an example of it.
100% on the jumping to conclusions... which is what the liberal media did calling it a hate crime ... or had "all the classic earmarks of a hate crime". It leaves media people speechless when the truth comes out...

But why is the 3rd option that it is NOT a hate crime a long shot? If the guy was LGBTQ+ and he shot up an LGBTQ+ place... that's not a hate crime. That's the same as calling it a hate crime for what goes on in Chicago every weekend... which is mostly black on black crime.

100% on the jumping to conclusions... which is what the liberal media did calling it a hate crime ... or had "all the classic earmarks of a hate crime". It leaves media people speechless when the truth comes out...

But why is the 3rd option that it is NOT a hate crime a long shot? If the guy was LGBTQ+ and he shot up an LGBTQ+ place... that's not a hate crime. That's the same as calling it a hate crime for what goes on in Chicago every weekend... which is mostly black on black crime.

I think you are naïve if you think an LGBTQ shooter can't be hateful towards the LGBTQ community.

Get a load of this guys father. A person who is LGBTQ raised in this environment is going to be seriously conflicted with self-loathing. Some might excape relatively unharmed but some react by hurting themselves or by hurting others.

The father seems more concerned about him being *** than actually being a murderer. That can **** a kid up and I would absolutely stand by my original thoughts after seeing this.

Advertisement
Back