Off-Topic Mass killings

I'm sure he's a good person, but strong feelings don't always work out for nuanced discussions.

All things considered, the OT boards haven't been as vicious as I expected.
We are lovers, not fighters

Advertisement
We get it you voted for trump. I have a shotgun not a rifle but good try! I have no idea what you were trying to say about getting arrested but you’re a bigger idiot then I imagined. I’m not getting arrested for saying the truth. All you idiots who think you need a assault rifle can hold deez nuts and go find another hobby besides acting like your in the military
tumblr_mgsh3pcLrm1r2mfhgo1_400-1855899415.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Assault rifle is an undefinable term. That’s why whoever it is that posted that law, if you actually read it, they have to list brand names and then by definition they’re calling those weapons assault rifles in the actual law itself. Why are they listing brand names? Because they can’t come up with a definition for assault rifle. It’s circular bullshlt.

Somebody prove what I just posted is not true. And then while you’re at it, define assault rifle. I want to hear it.

Advertisement
So every firearm under the sun that people buy for self defense and/or sport shooting.

My point exactly.
The same people that want to re-define what a gun is are the same who want to redefine what a man/woman is, what free-speech is, what a recession is, what a vaccine is etc... Nah.

Assault rifle is an undefinable term. That’s why whoever it is that posted that law, if you actually read it, they have to list brand names and then by definition they’re calling those weapons assault rifles in the actual law itself. Why are they listing brand names? Because they can’t come up with a definition for assault rifle. It’s circular bullshlt.

Somebody prove what I just posted is not true. And then while you’re at it, define assault rifle. I want to hear it.
In addition to the brand names you mentioned, the law did define other weapons that are defined as "semiautomatic assault weapons". They are subcategorized as semiautomatic rifles, semiautomatic pistols, and semiautomatic shotguns. Each subcategory lists the physical attributes that would make a weapon considered to be one of these "assault weapons".

You may disagree with their definition of an "assault weapon", but the term was indeed defined by that law. For those who won't take the time to look it up for yourselves:

``(B) a semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a
detachable magazine and has at least 2 of--
``(i) a folding or telescoping stock;
``(ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously
beneath the action of the weapon;
``(iii) a bayonet mount;
``(iv) a flash suppressor or threaded barrel
designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; and
``(v) a grenade launcher;
``(C) a semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept
a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of--
``(i) an ammunition magazine that attaches to the
pistol outside of the pistol grip;
``(ii) a threaded barrel capable of accepting a
barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or
silencer;
``(iii) a shroud that is attached to, or partially
or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits
the shooter to hold the firearm with the nontrigger
hand without being burned;
``(iv) a manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more
when the pistol is unloaded; and
``(v) a semiautomatic version of an automatic
firearm; and
``(D) a semiautomatic shotgun that has at least 2 of--
``(iii) a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 5
rounds; and
``(iv) an ability to accept a detachable
magazine.''.

Every single firearm I own lmao

“Assault rifle” is a made up term used to scare people and encompass every mass produced firearm. Its nothing but a way to try to work around the 2A.
Serious question, since you are arguing that EVERY mass produced firearm was included, how many gun manufacturers went out of business in that 10 year period? I mean if EVERY mass produced product was found to be illegal to manufacture and sell during that time period, how did they stay in business? Was it like the Prohibition Era where the liquor companies who survived moved into other similar industries?

Advertisement
Serious question, since you are arguing that EVERY mass produced firearm was included, how many gun manufacturers went out of business in that 10 year period? I mean if EVERY mass produced product was found to be illegal to manufacture and sell during that time period, how did they stay in business? Was it like the Prohibition Era where the liquor companies who survived moved into other similar industries?
I know that’s not a genuine question but I’ll answer anyway. They redesigned and/or renamed rifles to get around it.

Last edited:
In addition to the brand names you mentioned, the law did define other weapons that are defined as "semiautomatic assault weapons". They are subcategorized as semiautomatic rifles, semiautomatic pistols, and semiautomatic shotguns. Each subcategory lists the physical attributes that would make a weapon considered to be one of these "assault weapons".

You may disagree with their definition of an "assault weapon", but the term was indeed defined by that law. For those who won't take the time to look it up for yourselves:

``(B) a semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a
detachable magazine and has at least 2 of--
``(iii) a bayonet mount;
``(iv) a flash suppressor or threaded barrel
designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; and
``(v) a grenade launcher;
``(C) a semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept
a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of--
``(i) an ammunition magazine that attaches to the
pistol outside of the pistol grip;
``(ii) a threaded barrel capable of accepting a
barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or
silencer;
``(iii) a shroud that is attached to, or partially
or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits
the shooter to hold the firearm with the nontrigger
hand without being burned;
``(iv) a manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more
when the pistol is unloaded; and
``(v) a semiautomatic version of an automatic
firearm; and
``(D) a semiautomatic shotgun that has at least 2 of--
``(iii) a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 5
rounds; and
``(iv) an ability to accept a detachable
magazine.''.

That isn’t a definition, that’s a bucket list. That bucket list includes meaningless, or non-basic functional features, enough of them, so that the “scary“ weapons will be included on the list. The fact that you’re quoting that proves that you don’t really know very much about weapons. When you defined a weapon it’s important to discuss the actual functioning parameters of the weapon in terms of expelling a bullet from the muzzle and how that is achieved. This is the most laughable thing I’ve ever seen posted ever. But of course this is not surprising, because it comes from Congress.

“A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously…” and that’s just one example.

OMG - I can’t stop laughing.

I could go on… “Accept a detachable magazine“, another lol.

You just quoted a clueless source to fortify your clueless opinion.

to repeat, this is NOT a definition of an assault weapon. It’s a grab bag of features.

Every single firearm I own lmao

“Assault rifle” is a made up term used to scare people and encompass every mass produced firearm. Its nothing but a way to try to work around the 2A.
Actually have a Springfield. 223/5.56,Ruger mini 14, SKS, multiple hunting rifles(.243, 30-30's),shotguns and a few hand guns. Out of all of them. I would honestly rather use my shotguns for any kind of home defense than any of the others i have. The Springfield and Ruger mini 14 are basically used for varmint guns like coyotes etc...

Actually have a Springfield. 223/5.56,Ruger mini 14, SKS, multiple hunting rifles(.243, 30-30's),shotguns and a few hand guns. Out of all of them. I would honestly rather use my shotguns for any kind of home defense than any of the others i have. The Springfield and Ruger mini 14 are basically used for varmint guns like coyotes etc...

Obviously depending on the environment, but most times, an appropriately configured shotgun is going to be your best bet for home defense. In second place I’ll put something like my 357 magnum with hollow points as another viable home defense candidate. Only fear is that bullet can go through walls so you better know what you’re doing.

Advertisement
Back