Off-Topic Mass killings

Advertisement
And in 94 Biden championed an assault weapon ban (if I'm remembering correctly) and even that attempt had little to no effect on gun violence.

The key in my mind is 'mental health' and having the next generation not be dependent on prescription drugs in the way they are now (which of course doctors are paid to push the drugs out the door... which also should be focused on... more than guns for sure).

Also, I know it's not popular and I'm not even saying it because of the recent Indiana shooting... but more good guys that are well trained with guns, is actually a GOOD thing! If, God forbid... someone takes out any kind of weapon and you can either neutralize or remove a threat, there's a good chance that you are saving lives.
Good stuff, Ithaca. Wonder what woulda happened to our hero, though, if one or more of the shots he fired missed the perp and hit/killed mall shopper(s)? I suspect some armed guys might have thought of their possible liability if something like that happened.

Good stuff, Ithaca. Wonder what woulda happened to our hero, though, if one or more of the shots he fired missed the perp and hit/killed mall shopper(s)? I suspect some armed guys might have thought of their possible liability if something like that happened.
Yeah it’s definitely a risk for sure. Of course just like when cops are dealing with situations, there are only seconds or split seconds so u have to think fast.

I heard today that he hit on 8 out of 10 shots at like 40 feet/meters (don’t quote me on the distance) and some professionals said that was excellent accuracy.

Definitely the guy I want in a situation like that and amazing he could deliver that accuracy given he’s just out shopping with his girlfriend.

Definitely when u get a firearm (which I don’t even have one due the lack of time I have in going through the process and getting training) you need to not only pass the background check but also get proper training. An untrained gunman is no bueno if u are taking the firearm outside of your home. At least in my opinion. That’s when u have greater potential for innocent people getting hurt

Yeah it’s definitely a risk for sure. Of course just like when cops are dealing with situations, there are only seconds or split seconds so u have to think fast.

I heard today that he hit on 8 out of 10 shots at like 40 feet/meters (don’t quote me on the distance) and some professionals said that was excellent accuracy.

Definitely the guy I want in a situation like that and amazing he could deliver that accuracy given he’s just out shopping with his girlfriend.

Definitely when u get a firearm (which I don’t even have one due the lack of time I have in going through the process and getting training) you need to not only pass the background check but also get proper training. An untrained gunman is no bueno if u are taking the firearm outside of your home. At least in my opinion. That’s when u have greater potential for innocent people getting hurt
Guy was definitely a marksman. Hitting that many shots at that distance with a pistol is downright amazing. As for cops, don't they have some sort of 'immunity" if things went wrong? Whereas private citizens would not?

Advertisement
And in 94 Biden championed an assault weapon ban (if I'm remembering correctly) and even that attempt had little to no effect on gun violence.

The key in my mind is 'mental health' and having the next generation not be dependent on prescription drugs in the way they are now (which of course doctors are paid to push the drugs out the door... which also should be focused on... more than guns for sure).

Also, I know it's not popular and I'm not even saying it because of the recent Indiana shooting... but more good guys that are well trained with guns, is actually a GOOD thing! If, God forbid... someone takes out any kind of weapon and you can either neutralize or remove a threat, there's a good chance that you are saving lives.
ithacane, the 10 year assault weapon ban led to a large downturn in mass shootings. Yes, there was still other gun violence with other weaponry, but I think most would agree that mass shootings need to get under control first.

https://news.northwestern.edu/stori...apon-ban-significantly-reduces-mass-shooting/

ithacane, the 10 year assault weapon ban led to a large downturn in mass shootings. Yes, there was still other gun violence with other weaponry, but I think most would agree that mass shootings need to get under control first.

https://news.northwestern.edu/stori...apon-ban-significantly-reduces-mass-shooting/
There’s multiple reports on the analysis that say it had little to no effect too. Mostly because… just like trying to ban guns now, these guns are already out there when it goes into effect.

There’s multiple reports on the analysis that say it had little to no effect too. Mostly because… just like trying to ban guns now, these guns are already out there when it goes into effect.

ithacane, both state mass killings went down....even the one written with an obvious pro-gun slant.

"It’s true. There were fewer mass shootings during the assault weapons ban than after it expired."

ithacane, both state mass killings went down....even the one written with an obvious pro-gun slant.

"It’s true. There were fewer mass shootings during the assault weapons ban than after it expired."
I don’t doubt it… but what I’m saying is, did it go down a substantial percentage? I’m assuming that’s why multiple people have said it didn’t have the effect that was intended. Maybe those peeps were uninformed, feel free to correct the record

Advertisement
I don’t doubt it… but what I’m saying is, did it go down a substantial percentage? I’m assuming that’s why multiple people have said it didn’t have the effect that was intended. Maybe those peeps were uninformed, feel free to correct the record
https://www.statesman.com/story/new...le-after-assault-weapon-ban-ended/9941501002/

Like you said, since existing assault weapons were grandfathered in, it didn't have an immediately huge effect. The mass killing numbers went down a bit. However, once the ban was lifted, mass killing deaths tripled. That's pretty significant. Some will say it was due to the ban going away and other because we have become crazier. I say let's work on both issues, but not up to me.

What's curious there is there are articles about its conclusions, but nowhere do I see that it was ever published. Then you could see their methodology.

Which is more stupid. Actually saying this in the Congressional record and tweeting it for all to see or actually believing it?

Many of the bodies no longer exist?

I propose we ban Wal-Mart from selling all of these vaporizing weapons ASAP.

Advertisement
Advertisement
d50b9ef264a44f0242856ab1431959fa6d973886daf60ddb7f32d6167b3fcf84.jpg

Advertisement
Back