Off-Topic Mass killings

I'm with you. Here's a good guy with a gun taking down a bad guy with an even bigger gun. Like you said, I'm sure he saved untold lives coz this evil shooter had a lot of other weapons/ammo with him. Lotta tight-lipped news anchors having to report about this "Good Samaritan" hero.

I gotta say, though, it's a helluva shame that people can't even go to a mall on a quiet Sunday afternoon without this happening. It's like Tombstone 1881, instead of 2022.

Other countries don't have to deal with this phenomenon like we do. Something is wrong -- we know we've got a helluva lotta guns out there, and a lotta sickos with their "grievances," all adding up to a big black eye for the USA.

Other countries basically don’t allow the citizenry to own any personal weapons.

Having said that, even if they did, I’m sure we would lead the world in mass shooter incidents. Why? It’s anybody’s guess. Mine is, there’s a lot of corruption, mixed in with isolation, people don’t trust the government or the media, there’s a shlt ton of untreated mental health, and people are getting away from decent moral values. Whether they are religious or not is irrelevant. You don’t need religion for morality, but it does help with a lot of people.

Advertisement
Screenshot_20220719-064231_Twitter.jpg

FOX NEWS POLL-Jun 15, 2022 — The poll found 63% support banning assault weapons outright. Though still a majority, only 56% of voters said they believe tougher gun laws ...
He can’t. This is where they always trip up.

Derp derp, AR stands for Assault Rifle derp...........................These guys crack me up that come on here spouting off nonsense and it is crystal clear they don't even know or understand what the crap they are talking about.

Advertisement
Advertisement
So what are we complaining about today?
SSDD, everyone needs a weapon that can hold 1,000 rounds of ammo and can kill 100 people in less than a minute or we will all lose our freedom. Oh, and a good guy with a gun finally killed a bad guy with a gun (and seriously, thank God he was there, he is a hero), so therefore, that proves that is the only rational solution to gun violence in this country. Written with obvious sarcasm for those who couldn't tell.

Advertisement
I'm with you. Here's a good guy with a gun taking down a bad guy with an even bigger gun. Like you said, I'm sure he saved untold lives coz this evil shooter had a lot of other weapons/ammo with him. Lotta tight-lipped news anchors having to report about this "Good Samaritan" hero.

I gotta say, though, it's a helluva shame that people can't even go to a mall on a quiet Sunday afternoon without this happening. It's like Tombstone 1881, instead of 2022.

Other countries don't have to deal with this phenomenon like we do. Something is wrong -- we know we've got a helluva lotta guns out there, and a lotta sickos with their "grievances," all adding up to a big black eye for the USA.

Yes they do.

It’s just that guns aren’t the primary weapon.

Fun fact: People often cite Australia as a model for the US because there have been no mass shootings since their gun ban. While the ban eliminated mass shootings, it DID NOT REDUCE MASS MURDER. They have had near equal number of mass murders(actually a few more deaths after the ban) before the ban and after. Arson replaced the gun as the go to means of inflicting mass casualties.

The point is, when psychos decide they want to kill many people at one they will find the means. Guns, poison, fire, vehicles, bombs. Gun laws won’t stop mass murder. They will just deprive citizens of the most effective tool of self defense.

Advertisement
Which, let's face it, makes a big difference. A knife attack can be horrific but ...
Yeah, but let's all be logical about the subject and just think about this one key fact... LOTS of bad guys have guns. LOTS of bad guys aren't just going to volunteer them up. Trying to remove ALL guns from all law abiding citizens in this country would be BAD... like end of a civilized country BAD!

Yeah, but let's all be logical about the subject and just think about this one key fact... LOTS of bad guys have guns. LOTS of bad guys aren't just going to volunteer them up. Trying to remove ALL guns from all law abiding citizens in this country would be BAD... like end of a civilized country BAD!
Impossible to even contemplate. Time to have had more gun control was many, many decades ago.

I blame Dirty Harry for escalating the weaponry and allure. ;)

Impossible to even contemplate. Time to have had more gun control was many, many decades ago.

I blame Dirty Harry for escalating the weaponry and allure. ;)
And in 94 Biden championed an assault weapon ban (if I'm remembering correctly) and even that attempt had little to no effect on gun violence.

The key in my mind is 'mental health' and having the next generation not be dependent on prescription drugs in the way they are now (which of course doctors are paid to push the drugs out the door... which also should be focused on... more than guns for sure).

Also, I know it's not popular and I'm not even saying it because of the recent Indiana shooting... but more good guys that are well trained with guns, is actually a GOOD thing! If, God forbid... someone takes out any kind of weapon and you can either neutralize or remove a threat, there's a good chance that you are saving lives.

Advertisement
Back