Off-Topic Mass killings

This is pointless too. I’ve been writing my congress people for a decade, letting them know the NFA list is unconstitutional and it’s gotten nowhere.

Okkkkkkkaaaaaayyyyyyyy. I hear ya...Sorry to hear?

ANYWAY, the results of your efforts should NOT dissuade others from proposing their own solutions and dissatisfaction to their representatives.

Advertisement
The system is only as good as the people in it. Frankly, his parents and doctors failed. His father signed for him to get a gun permit. His doctors didn't notify the state that he should be on a red flag list. Still, if red flag laws prevent other shootings, should we throw them out because they don't work 100% of the time?

Show me a system that works 100% of the time. If it were that easy, this problem would have been solved already.
There will always be cases that slip through the cracks, but we don't tolerate this kind of failure rate from airlines, do we?

Laptop was banned from social media and falsely debunked by the so called IC, months before the election. It was even brought up in a debate.

Both instances were out there before the election. That’s why he is comparing them.
The Steele Dossier was not out before the election .

Same purpose , very different situations
Not really. If Trump had been getting help from Russia it would have been in the public interest to know that. Not that it would be able to impact an election, but if it had been significant, it should have been publicized before Nov. Likewise, if Biden was getting kickbacks from his son for political assistance, it's in the public interest to know that, especially before an election.

Advertisement
Are you saying America has a problem with violence, but not with gun violence? That is certainly a power move by you. I think there are Americans who love and fascinate over guns. They influence others that are perhaps weak minded and easily influenced. Think cousin Eddie when Clark goes off on his boss for no Christmas bonus. Eddie did the literal where Clark was using figurative language.
No I think it is a violence problem not a gun problem. I know far more people infatuated with knives/swords etc than guns, and almost everybody I know carries. I just think violence is the disease. If you have a mentally ill person and take a gun away from them are they not still mentally ill?

There will always be cases that slip through the cracks, but we don't tolerate this kind of failure rate from airlines, do we?
I'm sorry, but that's apples and oranges. My company actually works in the industry. Each engine part needs to have back to birth documentation to see where its been and how it got to where it currently is, flight cycles and flight hours are meticulously recorded so engine parts are replaced before they go bad, the FAA performs audits on record keeping and processes, etc.

There is no way you'd get consensus to have that kind of oversight on gun ownership in this country. There are people fighting that there should be no universal background checks, red flag laws, assault rifle bans, or any other regulation on gun ownership to begin with.

Advertisement
Okkkkkkkaaaaaayyyyyyyy. I hear ya...Sorry to hear?

ANYWAY, the results of your efforts should NOT dissuade others from proposing their own solutions and dissatisfaction to their representatives.
Just don’t want people to get there hopes up. Your opinion does not matter to your Representative.

Just don’t want people to get there hopes up. Your opinion does not matter to your Representative.
Yeah, unfortunately unless you know someone that knows someone... you only get back generic responses from the congress person's staff that has a canned response ready to go for most issues ... or they just tweak it. Or... they don't respond at all. At least that is my experience. But I live in NY... and nothing gets done here except pass liberal policies

I'm sorry, but that's apples and oranges. My company actually works in the industry. Each engine part needs to have back to birth documentation to see where its been and how it got to where it currently is, flight cycles and flight hours are meticulously recorded so engine parts are replaced before they go bad, the FAA performs audits on record keeping and processes, etc.

There is no way you'd get consensus to have that kind of oversight on gun ownership in this country. There are people fighting that there should be no universal background checks, red flag laws, assault rifle bans, or any other regulation on gun ownership to begin with.
I'm aware of the industry, but those procedures didn't just happen. They evolved over time as quality initiatives like Six Sigma proved fruitful.

There is no investigation into how to improve detected these kinds of incidents, just adding new laws that will never address the problem.

Advertisement
I'm aware of the industry, but those procedures didn't just happen. They evolved over time as quality initiatives like Six Sigma proved fruitful.

There is no investigation into how to improve detected these kinds of incidents, just adding new laws that will never address the problem.
Would they decrease the number of events occurring?

What will address the problem?

Would they decrease the number of events occurring?

What will address the problem?
If it was known that this guy was headed here, would there have been anything that could have stopped him? Knowing someone has been suicidal, had weapons taken away, and had posted pictures of shooting people seems like a connection that could be put together.

Putting hindsight totally aside (before he fatefully climbed that ladder), how many Gun Rights advocates would've said Crimo was a 100% slam dunk candidate for red-flagging/denial of gun purchase.

It's a sad fact but, guys in his age group, often threaten suicide or harm to their immediate family during heated arguments. Crimo had no police record, made no threats against anyone but himself and family, the incidents were 3 yrs old, etc. Can we confidently state as a matter of decided precedent as we move on that anyone with his background should not be able to buy a weapon? And, for how long should that ban apply? Some arbitrary age? Lifetime?

My guess is Gun Control folks will find this an easy slam dunk answer; the strong 2A advocates, maybe not.

Advertisement
Putting hindsight totally aside (before he fatefully climbed that ladder), how many Gun Rights advocates would've said Crimo was a 100% slam dunk candidate for red-flagging/denial of gun purchase.

It's a sad fact but, guys in his age group, often threaten suicide or harm to their immediate family during heated arguments. Crimo had no police record, made no threats against anyone but himself and family, the incidents were 3 yrs old, etc. Can we confidently state as a matter of decided precedent as we move on that anyone with his background should not be able to buy a weapon? And, for how long should that ban apply? Some arbitrary age? Lifetime?

My guess is Gun Control folks will find this an easy slam dunk answer; the strong 2A advocates, maybe not.
He was also posting disturbing drawings. Someone with mental health issues needs treatment and subsequent approval of doctors before owning a weapon.

Great points. I also wonder how this will affect mental health? Do we now have to act like we have no problems mentally so we can buy a gun? I can’t imagine putting a gun into the hands of a military man home dealing with PTSD.

Advertisement
Back