Off-Topic Mass killings

A classic that seriously needs an update or remake!
It is a classic for sure. My only problem with remakes these days is that they try to hard to make it better and sometimes add a little too much diversity into it (which don’t get me wrong… diversity is a good thing… but not when u are trying to force it just to hit quotas). But one of my fav actors is Denzel W and after he did Equalizer (which I love), I bet he would be perfect for a guy having a bad day and just going unhinged. One thing that stands the testament of time from that movie is LA traffic, amirite?!?

Advertisement
From the article …

Average (Mean) Annual Death Rate per Million People from Mass Public Shootings (U.S., Canada, and Europe, 2009-2015):​

1. Norway — 1.888
  2. Serbia — 0.381
  3. France — 0.347
  4. Macedonia — 0.337
  5. Albania — 0.206
  6. Slovakia — 0.185
  7. Switzerland — 0.142
  8. Finland — 0.132
  9. Belgium — 0.128
  10. Czech Republic — 0.123
  11. United States — 0.089
  12. Austria — 0.068
  13. Netherlands — 0.051
  14. Canada — 0.032
  15. England — 0.027
  16. Germany — 0.023
  17. Russia — 0.012
  18. Italy — 0.009

View attachment 191695

This government is unsalvageable... time for a real Jan6.
The problem isn’t even just that they are speaking out about these things. It’s the selective nature of it. merrick is sooo offended about law abiding citizens have concealed handguns in NY (which are already legal in other states). But he doesn’t say **** about people committing felonies for weeks outside of Supreme Court justices houses (including one dude who came to kill until he saw US Marshall’s and chickened out)?!?

The problem isn’t even just that they are speaking out about these things. It’s the selective nature of it. merrick is sooo offended about law abiding citizens have concealed handguns in NY (which are already legal in other states). But he doesn’t say **** about people committing felonies for weeks outside of Supreme Court justices houses (including one dude who came to kill until he saw US Marshall’s and chickened out)?!?

He's still butthurt about being blocked off SCOTUS... f'ing weasel. #MerrickEliminated

He's still butthurt about being blocked off SCOTUS... f'ing weasel. #MerrickEliminated
We are blessed he wasn’t on the Supreme Court.

People are always going to hate Trump, but he called it again. He said he’ll put 2 or 3 justices on the court and Roe will go away by default. People can’t say Trump wasn’t effective. He was only in office for four years and he brought the economy up, gas prices down, peace deals in the Mid East… stopped wasting money and renegotiated NAFTA, NATO got out of wasting money on WHO… lowest black and Hispanic unemployment in US history (prior to pandemic obviously).

Hate his personality or mean tweets… but dude got it done

Advertisement
It is a classic for sure. My only problem with remakes these days is that they try to hard to make it better and sometimes add a little too much diversity into it (which don’t get me wrong… diversity is a good thing… but not when u are trying to force it just to hit quotas). But one of my fav actors is Denzel W and after he did Equalizer (which I love), I bet he would be perfect for a guy having a bad day and just going unhinged. One thing that stands the testament of time from that movie is LA traffic, amirite?!?
I’d have two characters lose their ****.

One is a traffic cop, who starts ******* up ******* arrogant drivers, and the other like the original Michael Douglas character, perhaps a tech guy at a social media company. I mention the traffic cop character because of pet peeves I have with LA drivers (where I live). How the two coverage, no idea.

In the original all the characters, from Douglas to the white supremicist Army/Navy surplus store owner to the Latino street gangsters to the Korean liquor store owner were stereotypes. Make it an over-the-top black comedy.

No one pays me for this, and probably for good reason.

I’d have two characters lose their ****.

One is a traffic cop, who starts ******* up ******* arrogant drivers, and the other like the original Michael Douglas character, perhaps a tech guy at a social media company. I mention the traffic cop character because of pet peeves I have with LA drivers (where I live). How the two coverage, no idea.

In the original all the characters, from Douglas to the white supremicist Army/Navy surplus store owner to the Latino street gangsters to the Korean liquor store owner were stereotypes. Make it an over-the-top black comedy.

No one pays me for this, and probably for good reason.
Well if it’s an over the top black comedy… the Wayne’s can do that. I’d prefer something more serious but with some subtle humor to solidify it.

I do like the idea of two dudes going ape **** tho… that would be a cool wrinkle

Did u happen to see the Russel Crowe movie where he has a bad day. It might have been called Road Rage but don’t quote me on that. But it’s like the Road rage falling down type movie. It’s not as good as falling down of course… but worth a watch. I also like The Nobody (Odenkirk), I think it’s called. It’s similar to how Equalizer was with Denzel, but with humor… I thought it was well made.

But I like this Made up Movie segment here!

Well if it’s an over the top black comedy… the Wayne’s can do that. I’d prefer something more serious but with some subtle humor to solidify it.

I do like the idea of two dudes going ape **** tho… that would be a cool wrinkle

Did u happen to see the Russel Crowe movie where he has a bad day. It might have been called Road Rage but don’t quote me on that. But it’s like the Road rage falling down type movie. It’s not as good as falling down of course… but worth a watch. I also like The Nobody (Odenkirk), I think it’s called. It’s similar to how Equalizer was with Denzel, but with humor… I thought it was well made.

But I like this Made up Movie segment here!
‘Black comedy’ does not imply casting black actors, if that’s what you meant to imply in your first sentence. I’m thinking a dark comedy, making light of subject matter that is generally considered taboo, particularly subjects that are normally considered serious or painful to discuss. Yes, I stole the definition.

I would have a diverse cast simply because I’d set the film in LA. Or maybe NYC, so it’s not a strict remake.

I started to watch that Russell Crowe movie, Unhinged, but couldn’t get into it. Maybe I’ll take another try. Was more of a action-thriller than what I’m referring to.

‘Black comedy’ does not imply casting black actors, if that’s what you meant to imply in your first sentence. I’m thinking a dark comedy, making light of subject matter that is generally considered taboo, particularly subjects that are normally considered serious or painful to discuss. Yes, I stole the definition.

I would have a diverse cast simply because I’d set the film in LA. Or maybe NYC, so it’s not a strict remake.

I started to watch that Russell Crowe movie, Unhinged, but couldn’t get into it. Maybe I’ll take another try. Was more of a action-thriller than what I’m referring to.
Ah yeah I gotcha now. Dark comedy… never heard it referred to as black comedy, but makes sense.

The Russell Crowe movie wasn’t great, but it was along the lines of falling down (bad day type).

Have u seen the Bob Odenkirk film? I didn’t have high expectations going in, but it was a fun movie I thought

Advertisement
Ah yeah I gotcha now. Dark comedy… never heard it referred to as black comedy, but makes sense.

The Russell Crowe movie wasn’t great, but it was along the lines of falling down (bad day type).

Have u seen the Bob Odenkirk film? I didn’t have high expectations going in, but it was a fun movie I thought
I saw clips online, but have not watched the full movie.

At some point some people need to sit back and ponder what is right from a human stand point. Free your mind from politics, all talking heads, digital media and government BS. Just ask yourself, has mass murders become an issue in America and what makes it possible? We have Proliferated our society with guns, pounded the minds of all citizens with hate the other side, made military, tactical and high-capacity weapons available to Organized Criminals, Gangs, Quacks, Hate Groups, Racists, Natsis and Mentally phucked up people. We've endangered Police and even they have issues controlling their compulsions. It's too late and impossible to make any difference by legislation, Giving money to corporate Mental Health companies or Suing Gun manufacturer's. FYI, The Wealthy and Corporations love all this chaos. While you so passionate about promoting or anti-guns, abortions, overthrowing the government, race and *** id laws, Corporations and Wealthy using covid to lie about supply chain issues, gas issues, food shortages, Home Insurances ect. to raise costs on us all. We are sheep and the Wolves make us run wherever they want.

Advertisement
Just a reminder that if you support open borders or mass immigration, this is what you support. You aren’t the good guy. The good people are the ones who want the border to be shut down, in part to stop the predatory actions of smugglers.

Just a reminder that if you support open borders or mass immigration, this is what you support. You aren’t the good guy. The good people are the ones who want the border to be shut down, in part to stop the predatory actions of smugglers.
It's absolutely horrific. 46 people spent a lot of money trying to get to a better life and they roasted to death in a trailer. But this will get hardly any coverage in comparison to the Jan 6th campaign ad hearing.

It's absolutely horrific. 46 people spent a lot of money trying to get to a better life and they roasted to death in a trailer. But this will get hardly any coverage in comparison to the Jan 6th campaign ad hearing.
It’s a humanitarian crisis that dwarfs anything else going on in this country, outside of inflation. Should be front page news everyday.

Advertisement
CNN talking about it soon. Also talking about the Amtrak derailment and Ukraine. Is that all Fox News covering?

I think three arrests have been maid. However, the Governor of Texas has mentioned the immigration policies as being responsible for human smuggling and contributing to today’s tragedy. Administration claims the border “is closed “. What BS.
Well I think the better option would be to make sure we are warning migrants about these incidents happening. This seems to be a weekly thing now, finding x amount dead in horrific fashion. Heartbreaking these people are paying to ultimately be put to death. Maybe I am naive, but I would assume they don't realize the danger they are in. It is sickening.

Advertisement
Back